Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Racism is Real

Message 1 of 13

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Simple illustration of systemic racism.

https://youtu.be/fTcSVQJ2h8g

Alternate title - Racism is an Obsession. 

That has been noticed to be an extremely prevalent obsession much more in white members of the republican party, conservatives and trump cultists...

I'm a white person - and I have observed and noticed that white republicans, conservatives and trumpies act in a decidedly more condescending (racist) manner toward my non-white wife, and tend to talk down to her - especially if they aren't made aware of the fact that she has earned multiple doctoral degrees in language and reads, writes and speaks over a dozen languages fluently.

It's much more prevalent among those to the right of center than those to the left of center.

Just saying how it is...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

@Centristsin2010  for sure. I have no place in my heart for racists. And they certainly waste a whole lot of time on negativity and hate. 

@rk9152 you may suffer from white guilt, but I do not. Nor do I have a superiority complex and just want to point out others shortcomings, but I will contest others points of view when I am in opposition to them. 

Country over trump

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Is an alternate title like an alternate fact?

I like the real title as a real fact:

”Racism is Real”...obsession?

It’s here, it’s real, it’s being practiced!

No obsession, just reality.

Country over trump 

No, it is an alternate way of looking at an obsession with white guilt which really seems to become, "I'm so much better than others because I am willing to point out their shortcomings".

Doesn't the fact that the content of your posts appears to be quite willing to point out the shortcomings of others whose political points of view differ from yours also speak quite clearly about the possibility of an obverse obsession?

Just asking...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Country over trump 

No, it is an alternate way of looking at an obsession with white guilt which really seems to become, "I'm so much better than others because I am willing to point out their shortcomings".

IMO, the obsession is to deny racism exists where it CLEARLY does and attack those who raise the topic.  But I may be biased....I loathe racists....especially those few who misuse the term, even when the dictionary definition is provided.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

@williamb39198 wrote:

Country over trump 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Country over trump 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Simple illustration of systemic racism.

https://youtu.be/fTcSVQJ2h8g

Alternate title - Racism is an Obsession. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

@KidBoy2 wrote:
you tube..not a reliable source is it?  Can be....depends on the source.  Are the Fox News clips reliable?

I think some of what was in that clip is true......Really?  Just some?  Which parts?   but it is a push....like the number of blacks in prison...they are there because them (them?) commit more crimes. It's easy to become more informed before forming biased opinions.......just saying......
Black men sentenced to more time for committing the exact same crime as a white person, study finds
So what do you think of all the other parts that YOU think is true?  It is acceptable to you?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

@FredSmif wrote:

For what it's worth, YouTube is not the publisher. YouTube is only the medium (like a big electronic bulletin board).  Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Fred to those unable to figure it out for themselves.  There's thousands of video's from Fox.  Certainly some can discount them as well.....

The publisher is Brave New Films, https://www.bravenewfilms.org.

I never heard of them, myself. "Brave New Films (BNF) is a new media company based in Culver City, California.[1] Founded by filmmaker Robert Greenwald, BNF produces feature-length documentaries and investigative videos that according to Greenwald's website, seek "to educate, influence and empower viewers to take action around issues that matter."[2]

The issues presented by the film have been published and discussed in numerous articles (from scholarly to popular) over the past many years ... probably 10, 20, or more years. There's nothing "new" presented, but it is a presentation of concepts based on actual scholarly research, reproduced a number of times.

But people will take from it what they want, or not.  Interesting that they poster complaining about the video didn't provide a single example of a "push" other than the false argument he provided.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

@ManicProgressive 

To comment on the topic, not youtube.

Yes, racism is real. To say it is not, is lying to one’s self. To say it is not, is lying to society. To say it not, is lying to a Higher Power. I’m sure that it was never the intent of the Higher Power, for racism to exist. Nor was it ever the intent for lying to exist!

Country over party. And don’t lie!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors