Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Racism ‘Is A Goal’

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/arizona-republic-editorial-arpaio-pardon?utm_source=fark&utm_m...

 

‘Arizona Republic’ Slams Arpaio Pardon: Trump Made It Clear Racism ‘Is A Goal’

 

Arizona’s largest newspaper on Friday slammed Donald Trump for using his first presidential pardon to absolve former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio of a criminal contempt of court conviction.

 

Racism is a goal, among other things.

Honored Social Butterfly

   RW certainly have their talking point.    They seem to forget that it is they themselves that are whining like 2 year olds about removing all the statues that are there to remind them of their own bigotry and hate.      Now who would possibly be hated, other white folk...nope - the "others" .    

 

    They are the ones that voted for the racist.   Apparently they are mad because everyone didn't just say, gee now we have a white guy in the WH - everyone should embrace....except for all the dog whistles and race baiting....just like they all supported Barack Obama who really won the popular vote...not once but twice and the electoral college vote.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

   RW certainly have their talking point.    They seem to forget that it is they themselves that are whining like 2 year olds about removing all the statues that are there to remind them of their own bigotry and hate.      Now who would possibly be hated, other white folk...nope - the "others" .    

 

    They are the ones that voted for the racist.   Apparently they are mad because everyone didn't just say, gee now we have a white guy in the WH - everyone should embrace....except for all the dog whistles and race baiting....just like they all supported Barack Obama who really won the popular vote...not once but twice and the electoral college vote.   


Get serious, the radical left has been stirring the pot for quite a while. There was the fraud known as "hands up don't shoot". They got a pretty good ride out of that one and a lot of people got to shop in the sneaker stores and liquor stores without having to bring their wallets. Then along came BLM - another good ride, but still not "the big one". Then they tried to make it "who goes to what bathroom". Even with Presidential support that fizzled.

 

But - ta-ta - they made up a package deal - "Trump is a Nazi" and "let's play the race card" and maybe we get get those weekend reenactors to do stupid stuff and then we can crank up out brownshirts and really make the headlines.

 

Shazzam!! Will this one take them over the top to (as Obama said) "fundamentally change our country" and see the neoMarxist dreams realized? Who knows. The Bolsheviks did it with only 7% of the population.

0 Kudos
544 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

No doubt Lemontop is the closest we've ever come to electing a Nazi at the National level, let alone as POTUS. The more clearity he gives to this view, the more his supporters insist its biased to acknowledge his words and deeds for what they are.

 

Pardoning Joe was a signal Der Trumper sent to Mueller telling him: whoever the Special Prosecutor supoenas will receive a full pardon, so give up the investigation already, nobody's going to rat out the guy who can hand out magical get out of jail cards to anyone who could put HIM in jail.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Olderscout66 wrote:

No doubt Lemontop is the closest we've ever come to electing a Nazi at the National level, let alone as POTUS. The more clearity he gives to this view, the more his supporters insist its biased to acknowledge his words and deeds for what they are.

 

Pardoning Joe was a signal Der Trumper sent to Mueller telling him: whoever the Special Prosecutor supoenas will receive a full pardon, so give up the investigation already, nobody's going to rat out the guy who can hand out magical get out of jail cards to anyone who could put HIM in jail.


Presidents do have that "get out of jail" card. Your point??? See if you can deal with that without the silly "Nazi" jazz.

0 Kudos
431 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Hmmm, now some are demonizing Editorial Boards?    Apparently some may be pretty uninformed about this newspaper, and instead lash out...because they can.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

Hmmm, now some are demonizing Editorial Boards?    Apparently some may be pretty uninformed about this newspaper, and instead lash out...because they can.   


By their nature, Editorial Boards are biased. Disagreeing with a specific bias is hardy "demonizing".

 

0 Kudos
432 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Hmmm, now some are demonizing Editorial Boards?    Apparently some may be pretty uninformed about this newspaper, and instead lash out...because they can.   


By their nature, Editorial Boards are biased. Disagreeing with a specific bias is hardy "demonizing".

 


So those who disagree with Trump's "specific bias" and support of the Alt Right White Supremacists and Hitler like tactics are not demonizing either?  Thanks for clearing that up !


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
578 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Hmmm, now some are demonizing Editorial Boards?    Apparently some may be pretty uninformed about this newspaper, and instead lash out...because they can.   


By their nature, Editorial Boards are biased. Disagreeing with a specific bias is hardy "demonizing".

 


So those who disagree with Trump's "specific bias" and support of the Alt Right White Supremacists and Hitler like tactics are not demonizing either?  Thanks for clearing that up !


So, no.

0 Kudos
577 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

And some actually believed he was going to unite the country.....

 

Sounds more like Hitler everyday.....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Trusted Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

And some actually believed he was going to unite the country.....

 

Sounds more like Hitler everyday.....


Old fuzzy lip said he was going to fix Germany's economic woes, restore the fatherland to past glories, purge the world of an undesireable element responsible for Germany's woes, secure the purity of the aryan race, reunite Germany, establish the Third Reich[Deutches Reich] and restore the proper world order....we all know what that was. That's got to sound just a bit familiar.

 

The First Reich, for those who wonder about that,  was the Holy Roman Empire of medieval times from 800 to 1806, the Second Reich was the German Empire from 1871 to 1918 and the Third Reich was intended to be its successor. The object was for Germany to dominate the World.  It was, after all, their destiny.  Few, except a relatively small group of non-rational followers took his rabid rantings to heart.  On Nov. 9, 1938 Krystallnacht made clear to all Germans what opposition to 'Der Fuhrer' and the Nazi philosophy would mean. Evil had acheived a firm grasp on power.

 

The similarities to present day rhetoric, events and objectives of a small, but effective political cult should not be ignored.  We can't go back to that....we just can't.  See....fuzzy lip said he was going to unite His Country....and did.

 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly


@umbarch64 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

And some actually believed he was going to unite the country.....

 

Sounds more like Hitler everyday.....


Old fuzzy lip said he was going to fix Germany's economic woes,

Is that a bad thing for a President to promise? Obama did.

restore the fatherland to past glories,

Is that a bad thing for a President to promise? Obama did (although neither used the term "fatherland").

purge the world of an undesireable element responsible for Germany's woes,

...and there the comparison ends.

secure the purity of the aryan race, reunite Germany, establish the Third Reich[Deutches Reich] and restore the proper world order....we all know what that was. That's got to sound just a bit familiar.

 

The First Reich, for those who wonder about that,  was the Holy Roman Empire of medieval times from 800 to 1806, the Second Reich was the German Empire from 1871 to 1918 and the Third Reich was intended to be its successor. The object was for Germany to dominate the World.  It was, after all, their destiny.  Few, except a relatively small group of non-rational followers took his rabid rantings to heart.  On Nov. 9, 1938 Krystallnacht made clear to all Germans what opposition to 'Der Fuhrer' and the Nazi philosophy would mean. Evil had acheived a firm grasp on power.

 

The similarities to present day rhetoric, events and objectives of a small, but effective political cult should not be ignored.  We can't go back to that....we just can't.  See....fuzzy lip said he was going to unite His Country....and did.

 

 

 


 

0 Kudos
456 Views
35
Report
Trusted Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

And some actually believed he was going to unite the country.....

 

Sounds more like Hitler everyday.....


Old fuzzy lip said he was going to fix Germany's economic woes,

Is that a bad thing for a President to promise? Obama did.

Irrelevant and you know it.  

restore the fatherland to past glories,

Is that a bad thing for a President to promise? Obama did (although neither used the term "fatherland").

Irrelevant and you know it.

purge the world of an undesireable element responsible for Germany's woes,

...and there the comparison ends.

Not because you say it does.  To continue the comparison does not serve your interests.  No surprise there.   Authoritarians are authoritarians and authoritarianism begets dictators.  Historical, that is [in yoda speak].  This is just one instance...and you know that too,.  

secure the purity of the aryan race, reunite Germany, establish the Third Reich[Deutches Reich] and restore the proper world order....we all know what that was. That's got to sound just a bit familiar.

 

The First Reich, for those who wonder about that,  was the Holy Roman Empire of medieval times from 800 to 1806, the Second Reich was the German Empire from 1871 to 1918 and the Third Reich was intended to be its successor. The object was for Germany to dominate the World.  It was, after all, their destiny.  Few, except a relatively small group of non-rational followers took his rabid rantings to heart.  On Nov. 9, 1938 Krystallnacht made clear to all Germans what opposition to 'Der Fuhrer' and the Nazi philosophy would mean. Evil had acheived a firm grasp on power.

 

The similarities to present day rhetoric, events and objectives of a small, but effective political cult should not be ignored.  We can't go back to that....we just can't.  See....fuzzy lip said he was going to unite His Country....and did.

 

 

 


 


 

0 Kudos
410 Views
27
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@umbarch64 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

And some actually believed he was going to unite the country.....

 

Sounds more like Hitler everyday.....


Old fuzzy lip said he was going to fix Germany's economic woes,

Is that a bad thing for a President to promise? Obama did.

Irrelevant and you know it.  

You'll really have to expand on why it is irrelevant.

restore the fatherland to past glories,

Is that a bad thing for a President to promise? Obama did (although neither used the term "fatherland").

Irrelevant and you know it.

You'll really have to expand on why it is irrelevant.

purge the world of an undesireable element responsible for Germany's woes,

...and there the comparison ends.

Not because you say it does.  To continue the comparison does not serve your interests.  No surprise there.   Authoritarians are authoritarians and authoritarianism begets dictators.  Historical, that is [in yoda speak].  This is just one instance...and you know that too,.

Well, the comparison does not continue just becasue you say it does. You are right about authoritarianism. That is why I like our Constitution as written, not as envisioned by the left. 

secure the purity of the aryan race, reunite Germany, establish the Third Reich[Deutches Reich] and restore the proper world order....we all know what that was. That's got to sound just a bit familiar.

It does sound familiar from many, many years ago - not now.

 

The First Reich, for those who wonder about that,  was the Holy Roman Empire of medieval times from 800 to 1806, the Second Reich was the German Empire from 1871 to 1918 and the Third Reich was intended to be its successor. The object was for Germany to dominate the World.  It was, after all, their destiny.  Few, except a relatively small group of non-rational followers took his rabid rantings to heart.  On Nov. 9, 1938 Krystallnacht made clear to all Germans what opposition to 'Der Fuhrer' and the Nazi philosophy would mean. Evil had acheived a firm grasp on power.

And ours was created in the 1700s and has done fine ever since. Hopefully it will survive the "living document" assault of the left.

 

The similarities to present day rhetoric, events and objectives of a small, but effective political cult should not be ignored.  We can't go back to that....we just can't.  See....fuzzy lip said he was going to unite His Country....and did.

Our Nation has been torn apart by the left wing radicals. Do you really think "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?

 

 

 


 


 


 

0 Kudos
409 Views
26
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

 

Our Nation has been torn apart by the left wing radicals. Do you really think "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?


 


 


 


Our nation has been torn apart by Right Wing Radicals, the Tea Party, The Alt Right, the KKK White Supremacists. Do you really think that "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
582 Views
9
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Our Nation has been torn apart by the left wing radicals. Do you really think "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?


 


 


 


Our nation has been torn apart by Right Wing Radicals, the Tea Party, The Alt Right, the KKK White Supremacists. Do you really think that "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?

 

I think it is a pretty good idea. Do you think you can stop lumping Tea Party people with Kluxers long enough for an intelligent and civil discussion?


 

0 Kudos
589 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

 Do you think you can stop lumping Tea Party people with Kluxers long enough for an intelligent and civil discussion?


 


'Birds of a feather" !!


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
528 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 Do you think you can stop lumping Tea Party people with Kluxers long enough for an intelligent and civil discussion?


 


'Birds of a feather" !!


What similarity do you see between the Tea Party and the Kluxers?

0 Kudos
627 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Our Nation has been torn apart by the left wing radicals. Do you really think "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?


 


 


 


Our nation has been torn apart by Right Wing Radicals, the Tea Party, The Alt Right, the KKK White Supremacists. Do you really think that "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?


Why does the left continue dividing our country.  You can even see it on this forum by the number of digs the left puts in their articles on racism.  Why keep beating the drum of hate?  Do you enjoy dividing the country?

0 Kudos
570 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Our Nation has been torn apart by the left wing radicals. Do you really think "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?


 


 


 


Our nation has been torn apart by Right Wing Radicals, the Tea Party, The Alt Right, the KKK White Supremacists. Do you really think that "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?


Why does the left continue dividing our country.  You can even see it on this forum by the number of digs the left puts in their articles on racism.  Why keep beating the drum of hate?  Do you enjoy dividing the country?


What a fallacy you posted, congrats !!  Remember the constant "digs" here from the right on Obama for eight years? Your 'Donald' is doing a fine job continuing the 'dividing' and some are choosing his Nazi White Supremacist side. Fortunately, the majority aren't.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
515 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Our Nation has been torn apart by the left wing radicals. Do you really think "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?


 


 


 


Our nation has been torn apart by Right Wing Radicals, the Tea Party, The Alt Right, the KKK White Supremacists. Do you really think that "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?


Why does the left continue dividing our country.  You can even see it on this forum by the number of digs the left puts in their articles on racism.  Why keep beating the drum of hate?  Do you enjoy dividing the country?


What a fallacy you posted, congrats !!  Remember the constant "digs" here from the right on Obama for eight years? Your 'Donald' is doing a fine job continuing the 'dividing' and some are choosing his Nazi White Supremacist side. Fortunately, the majority aren't.


"Digs at Obama" - I do not recall, "Obama sucks", do you? How about "Black trash in the WH"? Maybe, "Obama is an idiot"? And let us not forget the ever so classy, "skid marks".

 

And speaking of fallacies - "his white supremacist side". A total lie but, once the left gets their Party line, they follow orders.

0 Kudos
629 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Our Nation has been torn apart by the left wing radicals. Do you really think "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?


 


 


 


Our nation has been torn apart by Right Wing Radicals, the Tea Party, The Alt Right, the KKK White Supremacists. Do you really think that "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?


Why does the left continue dividing our country.  You can even see it on this forum by the number of digs the left puts in their articles on racism.  Why keep beating the drum of hate?  Do you enjoy dividing the country?


What a fallacy you posted, congrats !!  Remember the constant "digs" here from the right on Obama for eight years? Your 'Donald' is doing a fine job continuing the 'dividing' and some are choosing his Nazi White Supremacist side. Fortunately, the majority aren't.


"Digs at Obama" - I do not recall, "Obama sucks", do you? How about "Black trash in the WH"? Maybe, "Obama is an idiot"? And let us not forget the ever so classy, "skid marks".

 

And speaking of fallacies - "his white supremacist side". A total lie but, once the left gets their Party line, they follow orders.


Your "skidmark" has an approval rating in the lower 30 percentile, and justifiably so.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
624 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

I think every person that has half a brain know it is the left wing that is dividing the country. Imagine -the lefties are making a big deal over "Gone with the wind" Movie"  Definite sign they are trying to change our history. What next ? The little Rascals because they don`t like the way  "Buckwheat " was  treated.  RK  said yesterday in one of his post "Holy Mackeral there Andy"  .The Lefties will consider that racists as a reference to the old TV show "Amos and Andy"  which already been banned by all  TV stations. When is enough -enough?

0 Kudos
571 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@easyed598 wrote:

I think every person that has half a brain know it is the left wing that is dividing the country. Imagine -the lefties are making a big deal over "Gone with the wind" Movie"  Definite sign they are trying to change our history. What next ? The little Rascals because they don`t like the way  "Buckwheat " was  treated.  RK  said yesterday in one of his post "Holy Mackeral there Andy"  .The Lefties will consider that racists as a reference to the old TV show "Amos and Andy"  which already been banned by all  TV stations. When is enough -enough?


Couldn't agree more and if you want to see the entire series of Amos n Andy (very funny show - not racist), you can go to:

 

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&q=youtube-amos+n%27+andy+videos&oq=youtube+of+amos+n+andy&gs...

0 Kudos
568 Views
0
Report
Trusted Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

And some actually believed he was going to unite the country.....

 

Sounds more like Hitler everyday.....


Old fuzzy lip said he was going to fix Germany's economic woes,

Is that a bad thing for a President to promise? Obama did.

Irrelevant and you know it.  

You'll really have to expand on why it is irrelevant.

Well...because ALL politicians promise...Left, Right and in-between.  it's what they do in order to grasp power. What happens after 'they' achieve power defines intent.  But you know that too.

 

restore the fatherland to past glories,

Is that a bad thing for a President to promise? Obama did (although neither used the term "fatherland").

Irrelevant and you know it.

You'll really have to expand on why it is irrelevant.

Asked and answered.  You're running out of bait.

 

 

purge the world of an undesireable element responsible for Germany's woes,

...and there the comparison ends.

Not because you say it does.  To continue the comparison does not serve your interests.  No surprise there.   Authoritarians are authoritarians and authoritarianism begets dictators.  Historical, that is [in yoda speak].  This is just one instance...and you know that too,.

Well, the comparison does not continue just becasue you say it does. Well, yes it does...I made it in the first place.You are right about authoritarianism. That is why I like our Constitution as written, not as envisioned by the left.  So do I.  The founders wrote precisely what the enacted text says according to the understood definitions at the time...not what the Right or the Left wishes it to say now.  The Amendment process exists to deal with wishes.  SCOTUS exists to deal with non-rational suppositions and disputes over issues the Founders left as concepts without further elaboration.  I think the Founders did that with purpose,  trusting to the patriotic character of future generations to fit the words to the conditions at hand.  Don't you?  

secure the purity of the aryan race, reunite Germany, establish the Third Reich[Deutches Reich] and restore the proper world order....we all know what that was. That's got to sound just a bit familiar.

It does sound familiar from many, many years ago - not now.  To the contrary, good sir, what is happening right now is painfully familiar.  That you can't see is one thing...that you won't see is quite another.  Take off the advocacy blinders.

 

The First Reich, for those who wonder about that,  was the Holy Roman Empire of medieval times from 800 to 1806, the Second Reich was the German Empire from 1871 to 1918 and the Third Reich was intended to be its successor. The object was for Germany to dominate the World.  It was, after all, their destiny.  Few, except a relatively small group of non-rational followers took his rabid rantings to heart.  On Nov. 9, 1938 Krystallnacht made clear to all Germans what opposition to 'Der Fuhrer' and the Nazi philosophy would mean. Evil had acheived a firm grasp on power.

And ours was created in the 1700s and has done fine ever since. To date...only because the Constitution enabled the preceding founding document principles and concepts.  That is now in question due to the corruption in the entire political system.  A corruption that goes far beyond the usual economic implications and now include pretty close to an absolute moral and ethical turpitude.  You will not I did not restrict those pejorative to Republicans....;BUT they are, by far, the worst offenders.  Too bad you can't see that either.  Advocacy once more.Hopefully it will survive the "living document" assault of the left. The founders provided an amendment procedure so the People could control their destiny when necessary.  You do think that is appropriate, I trust.

 

The similarities to present day rhetoric, events and objectives of a small, but effective political cult should not be ignored.  We can't go back to that....we just can't.  See....fuzzy lip said he was going to unite His Country....and did.

Our Nation has been torn apart by the left wing radicals. Divisive politics does that.  You've only included one of the culprits.  Advocacy once more.  That's my call.  Would you like to try for a complete and accurate statement of fact?  You may win a prize...It's called your Country.  Do you really think "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?  To impute such a thing to me is reaching pretty far, even for an advocate. Did you mean to imply what you just did?  Try being candid if you wish to answer.

 

 

 

 

 


 


 


 


 

0 Kudos
415 Views
13
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

umb - This is ridiculous - President Trump is not a Nazi. He campaigned on doing good stuff for America, for boosting America's place in the world. This is perfectly normal and has no relationship to Hitler. He promised nothing and did nothing along the lines of the "final solution".

 

Authoritarians have existed throughout history and will in the future. Our Founders knew this and created our Constitution - the Constitution as written, not the "living document" that some see. Based on our divisions of power and limited government, an authoritarian President is not possible in our nation. Perfect example - we still have Obamacare despite the efforts of our President.  

 

Yes, we have an amendment process - but it has not been used to create an authoritarian so the discussion is based on hatred, not logic.

 

Yes, we have bi-Partisan corruption, In a sense that is why we now have a non-Establishment President.

 

Divisive politics does that.  You've only included one of the culprits.  Advocacy once more.  That's my call.  Would you like to try for a complete and accurate statement of fact?  You may win a prize...It's called your Country. 

I don't know what that means but i do know that the left has been playing "identity politic" for a long time. To the left, we are not Americans, we are black/white/brown/yellow - we are not Americans, we are male/female - we are not Americans, we are straight/LGBTQUE - we are not Americans, we are rich/poor - we are not Americans - we are young/old. That sort of division does damage to America. You said I included only one culprit. Think of it this way, Trump is criticized for speaking to and for Americans without making those divisions. 

 

Do you really think "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?  To impute such a thing to me is reaching pretty far, even for an advocate. Did you mean to imply what you just did?  Try being candid if you wish to answer.

Yes I did - because of your attacks on President Trump for doing exactly that. As I recall, you called him Hitler.

0 Kudos
389 Views
12
Report
Trusted Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

umb - This is ridiculous - President Trump is not a Nazi. Never said he was.  Did say he was a wanna-be dictator.  He campaigned on doing good stuff for America, for boosting America's place in the world. So do they all...the only thing that changes is the place. This is perfectly normal and has no relationship to Hitler. Not so...abnormal behavior cannot be 'normalized' however much anyone tries. He promised nothing and did nothing along the lines of the "final solution".  Ah, but he did...he just has a different scapegoat.

 

Authoritarians have existed throughout history and will in the future. Our Founders knew this and created our Constitution - the Constitution as written, not the "living document" that some see. Based on our divisions of power and limited government, an authoritarian President is not possible in our nation. You were doing fine up to this point.  There has always been a tendency toward authoritarianism in our Nation.  IF the institutions that protect against it are dismantled and rendered ineffective, authoritarianism can prevail...oligarchy, plutocracy, theocracy, communism, fascism...pick from the menu...each is very capable of developing into a dictatorship. History abounds with examples.  Perfect example - we still have Obamacare despite the efforts of our President.  Your example is 'perfectly absurd'.    

 

Yes, we have an amendment process - but it has not been used to create an authoritarian Read above, please...so the discussion is based on hatred, not logic.

Hatred is a tool authoritarianism, dictators, tyrants and radicals use effectively...that includes accusing others of the very offense they, themselves employ.  Hatred makes people behave irrationally and, in the end, destroys he who hates.  Logic is a poor word to use.  Perfect logic based on false presumption[s] inevitably yields false conclusion[s]...I've told you often enough...you should have understood by now.  Oh, well.

 

Yes, we have bi-Partisan corruption, In a sense that is why we now have a non-Establishment President. In a sense, agreed.  I think a lot of people just got tired of the same-old, same-old and voted against 'the establishment' without considering the consequences.  That was, of course, a non-rational response by a significant portion of the electorate and it did indeed contribute to the outcome of the election.  People don't always behave rationally in a democracy. It was something the founders feared and addressed in the Constitution.  To large degree it is why we have a Republic, not a democracy.  

 

Divisive politics does that.  You've only included one of the culprits.  Advocacy once more.  That's my call.  Would you like to try for a complete and accurate statement of fact?  You may win a prize...It's called your Country. 

I don't know what that means...Aw, c'mon...that's a cop-out and you know it...but i do know that the left has been playing "identity politic" for a long time....and that's a diversion and you know it.  To the left, we are not Americans, we are black/white/brown/yellow - we are not Americans, we are male/female - we are not Americans, we are straight/LGBTQUE - we are not Americans, we are rich/poor - we are not Americans - we are young/old. That sort of division does damage to America. You said I included only one culprit. Think of it this way, Trump is criticized for speaking to and for Americans without making those divisions. Your criticism of the practice of considering ANY citizen differently from another under the law OR social structure in ANY part of the Nation is a valid one.  Pay attention to your own words and apply them uniformly where needed.  Hypocrisy is an ugly thing.

 

Do you really think "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?  To impute such a thing to me is reaching pretty far, even for an advocate. Did you mean to imply what you just did?  Try being candid if you wish to answer.

Yes I did - because of your attacks on President Trump for doing exactly that. As I recall, you called him Hitler.  Oh, really?  'The donald' is perhaps the MOST divisive POTUS this Nation has endured.  Certainly in my experience.  But your recollection is incorrect if you do, in truth, recall that I called him Hitler. 

It is not possible for him to be 'Hitler'.  He certainly can share characteristics with old fuzzy lip however.  Not all, to be sure, but even one is too many.

 

It is certainly possible your insistence on advocacy above all else leads you to have some problem comprehending the written language precisely as written.  That being the case, it would follow that you would have the same problem comprehending the Constitution, as written.

 

Wanna quit being absurd?  The audience is getting tired. 


 

Honored Social Butterfly


@umbarch64 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

umb - This is ridiculous - President Trump is not a Nazi. Never said he was.  Did say he was a wanna-be dictator.  Is it your point then that anyone who drew an equation between our President and Hitler or Nazis was wrong? He campaigned on doing good stuff for America, for boosting America's place in the world. So do they all...the only thing that changes is the place. This is perfectly normal and has no relationship to Hitler. Not so...abnormal behavior cannot be 'normalized' however much anyone tries. What abnormal behavior? We are talking about him campaigning on doing good stuff for America. He promised nothing and did nothing along the lines of the "final solution".  Ah, but he did...he just has a different scapegoat. Who or what is the scapegoat you see?

 

Authoritarians have existed throughout history and will in the future. Our Founders knew this and created our Constitution - the Constitution as written, not the "living document" that some see. Based on our divisions of power and limited government, an authoritarian President is not possible in our nation. You were doing fine up to this point.  There has always been a tendency toward authoritarianism in our Nation.  IF the institutions that protect against it are dismantled and rendered ineffective, authoritarianism can prevail...oligarchy, plutocracy, theocracy, communism, fascism...pick from the menu...each is very capable of developing into a dictatorship. History abounds with examples. Unless the left is able to bring about the "living document" theory, our Constitution will attend to the necessary separation of powers. Perfect example - we still have Obamacare despite the efforts of our President.  Your example is 'perfectly absurd'.   Surely you know that you merely saying it does not make it so. If he were a dictator Obamacare would be gone. What is wrong with that thinking?

 

Yes, we have an amendment process - but it has not been used to create an authoritarian Read above, please...so the discussion is based on hatred, not logic.

Hatred is a tool authoritarianism, dictators, tyrants and radicals use effectively...that includes accusing others of the very offense they, themselves employ. My point exactly. Those are the tools being employed by the left to bring about their desired form of government.  Hatred makes people behave irrationally and, in the end, destroys he who hates.  Logic is a poor word to use.  Perfect logic based on false presumption[s] inevitably yields false conclusion[s]...I've told you often enough...you should have understood by now.  Oh, well. Were you to follow your own advise you would not have to retreat into such lameness.

 

Yes, we have bi-Partisan corruption, In a sense that is why we now have a non-Establishment President. In a sense, agreed.  I think a lot of people just got tired of the same-old, same-old and voted against 'the establishment' without considering the consequences.  That was, of course, a non-rational response by a significant portion of the electorate Surely you understand that that is a biased opinion, not a fact and it did indeed contribute to the outcome of the election.  People don't always behave rationally in a democracy. It was something the founders feared and addressed in the Constitution.  To large degree it is why we have a Republic, not a democracy.  

 

Divisive politics does that.  You've only included one of the culprits.  Advocacy once more.  That's my call.  Would you like to try for a complete and accurate statement of fact?  You may win a prize...It's called your Country. What does that mean??

I don't know what that means...Aw, c'mon...that's a cop-out and you know it... and I still don't but i do know that the left has been playing "identity politic" for a long time....and that's a diversion and you know it.  Yes, identity politics a diversion and bring emotion into the game to replace thinking To the left, we are not Americans, we are black/white/brown/yellow - we are not Americans, we are male/female - we are not Americans, we are straight/LGBTQUE - we are not Americans, we are rich/poor - we are not Americans - we are young/old. That sort of division does damage to America. You said I included only one culprit. Think of it this way, Trump is criticized for speaking to and for Americans without making those divisions. Your criticism of the practice of considering ANY citizen differently from another under the law OR social structure in ANY part of the Nation is a valid one.  Pay attention to your own words and apply them uniformly where needed.  Hypocrisy is an ugly thing. Does that mean that we are in agreement as to the bad effects of identity politics as practiced by the left??

 

Do you really think "uniting our nation" is a bad thing?  To impute such a thing to me is reaching pretty far, even for an advocate. Did you mean to imply what you just did?  Try being candid if you wish to answer. Yes, I did. President Trump wants to unite out nation and yet look at what is happening due to the identity politics. One cannot support identity politics and uniting the nation at the same time.

Yes I did - because of your attacks on President Trump for doing exactly that. As I recall, you called him Hitler.  Oh, really?  'The donald' is perhaps the MOST divisive POTUS this Nation has endured.  Certainly in my experience.  But your recollection is incorrect if you do, in truth, recall that I called him Hitler. 

It is not possible for him to be 'Hitler'.  He certainly can share characteristics with old fuzzy lip however.  Not all, to be sure, but even one is too many.

Nice twist - the subject is your comparing Trump to Hitler.

 

It is certainly possible your insistence on advocacy above all else leads you to have some problem comprehending the written language precisely as written.  That being the case, it would follow that you would have the same problem comprehending the Constitution, as written. Again - run out of ideas, resort to insults.

 

Wanna quit being absurd?  The audience is getting tired. 

 

Again, run out of ideas, resort to insults. The audience does have "scroll" capabilities.


 


 

0 Kudos
551 Views
10
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

 

Wanna quit being absurd?  The audience is getting tired. 

 

Again, run out of ideas, resort to insults. The audience does have "scroll" capabilities.


 


Yep ............... and I "scroll" right past most of the sublime insults that you post.


 


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
653 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

 

Wanna quit being absurd?  The audience is getting tired. 

 

Again, run out of ideas, resort to insults. The audience does have "scroll" capabilities.


 


Yep ............... and I "scroll" right past most of the sublime insults that you post.


 


And yet, here you are. I should be flattered by your obsession with me. If only you could engage in intelligent discussion, it would be so much more enjoyable. After all, one comes to a "discussion board" to discuss.

0 Kudos
622 Views
4
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png