From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
54
Views

Re: Racial resentment is the biggest indicator of additudes about immigration.

54 Views
Message 1 of 31

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote::

 

 

 

Please note the word “legal.”


I'm not against legal immigration.....best thing that ever happened to me.

 

But you are talking about legal immigration, but what we're against is 'ILLEGAL' immigration like liberals are having a hissy fit in defending.


If you say so. But since you speculated a large portion of the minority immigrants may become a burden on the US, it’s not very believable.

 

Liberals are defending and demanding the humane treatment of undocumented immigrants. Something the current administration isn’t doing. Likely on purpose.


What is "humane treatment"? It sounds like ignoring our immigration laws and let some hop the line ahead of others.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
54
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
58
Views

Re: Racial resentment is the biggest indicator of additudes about immigration.

58 Views
Message 2 of 31

@ManicProgressive wrote:


If you say so. But since you speculated a large portion of the minority immigrants may become a burden on the US, it’s not very believable.

 

Liberals are defending and demanding the humane treatment of undocumented immigrants. Something the current administration isn’t doing. Likely on purpose.


I have nothing against treating humans in a humane manner.  But remember these illegals are not among the professional classes, but from the lower classes who are attempting to enter our country for mostly economic reasons.  Their contribution would be to lower level jobs and mostly getting paid under the table, paying nothing in taxes, but taking advantage of governmental services.

 

I've seen this frequently among illegals working in our area. 

 

You apparently are accusing me of racial discrimination in immigration, but you are completely wrong.  I have a large number of friends who are legal immigrants in addition to my wife of 46 years from Southeast Asia.  I have heard many of them criticize these illegals for taking shortcuts of the route in several different languages.  What they said wasn't very nice.

 

One thing that is noticable is that liberals are quick to invoke the race card at every opportunity.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
58
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
64
Views

Re: Racial resentment is the biggest indicator of additudes about immigration.

64 Views
Message 3 of 31

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote::

 

 

 

Please note the word “legal.”


I'm not against legal immigration.....best thing that ever happened to me.

 

But you are talking about legal immigration, but what we're against is 'ILLEGAL' immigration like liberals are having a hissy fit in defending.


If you say so. But since you speculated a large portion of the minority immigrants may become a burden on the US, it’s not very believable.

 

Liberals are defending and demanding the humane treatment of undocumented immigrants. Something the current administration isn’t doing. Likely on purpose.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
64
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
71
Views

Re: Racial resentment is the biggest indicator of additudes about immigration.

71 Views
Message 4 of 31

@ManicProgressive wrote::

 

 

 

Please note the word “legal.”


I'm not against legal immigration.....best thing that ever happened to me.

 

But you are talking about legal immigration, but what we're against is 'ILLEGAL' immigration like liberals are having a hissy fit in defending.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
71
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
78
Views

Re: Racial resentment is the biggest indicator of additudes about immigration.

78 Views
Message 5 of 31

Since nobody seemed to even read the article, much less the study:

D627BA33-8581-4D5B-82A8-4AEBD763C5E0.jpeg

 

 

Please note the word “legal.”

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
78
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
88
Views

Re: Racial resentment is the biggest indicator of additudes about immigration.

88 Views
Message 6 of 31

@BigLib wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

If racial resentment is the biggest indicator regarding attitude about immigration, does that mean racial resentment is behind the establishment of national borders?

 

Remember, it is the enforcement of national borders that is the issue, not immigration.


No.  Did you read the article?  Or better, the actual study?

 

 


Well of course he/she/it didn't read it. Because then there'd be no reason to throw around their favorite newly-learned word, "non sequitur".

 

Of course he read it and responded to it. And now the left has found another dingle-berry so that they can say, "See, see, that's how all conservatives are".


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
88
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
90
Views

Re: Racial resentment is the biggest indicator of additudes about immigration.

90 Views
Message 7 of 31

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

If racial resentment is the biggest indicator regarding attitude about immigration, does that mean racial resentment is behind the establishment of national borders?

 

Remember, it is the enforcement of national borders that is the issue, not immigration.


National borders have been in existence since they were created. The article and topic is about immigration, not national borders. If you want a topic on national borders, simply start one.


Does immigration not involve crossing national borders, legally or illegally? In that reality our posters want to find their claimed "racism".


I''ve never heard you or anyone on the right complain about a white person crossing the border (any border) illegally, and yes it happens often.


True. We object to PEOPLE illegally entering our nation. Race is not a factor. But of course, to the hate filled left, everything is viewed through their prism of race.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
90
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
94
Views

Re: Racial resentment is the biggest indicator of additudes about immigration.

94 Views
Message 8 of 31

@ChasKy53 wrote:


This isn't about Israelites, Egypt, the Land of Canaan ..... nor Romans, England or Scotland. This topic has nothing to do with anything you posted. 

 

This topic is about racial resentment being the biggest indicator of attitudes about immigration. Care to comment on that?


Discussing that does have a bearing on national borders by showing they have been around since antiquity.  And refering to your tagline: "The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"; the reason that you don't learn anything from history is because you want to ignore it.  But it isn't just what I posted that  you resent, it is because I posted it. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
94
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
100
Views

Re: Racial resentment is the biggest indicator of additudes about immigration.

100 Views
Message 9 of 31

@ChasKy53 wrote:


I''ve never heard you or anyone on the right complain about a white person crossing the border (any border) illegally, and yes it happens often.


The only ones bring in race when discussing illegal immigration are the liberals/leftists here. Would that mean that subconsciously they are negatively concerned about racial matters since they keep bringing the issue up? 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
100
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
133
Views

Re: Racial resentment is the biggest indicator of additudes about immigration.

133 Views
Message 10 of 31

I saw this video today. I wonder if this man would have been so upset if he saw an Italian American wearing a shirt with the Italian flag that said "Italy".

Or an Irish American wearing a shirt saying "Ireland" with a shamrock.

Or a Canadian wearing a Maple Leaf?

 

In case the man in this video didn't know....Puerto Ricans have been U.S. citizens since 1917 (dual citizenship).

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
133
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!


close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors