Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
184
Views

Re: RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

184 Views
Message 91 of 343

Afisher- I think Forrest Gump's mother said it best, 

 

"Stupid is as stupid does." 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
184
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
180
Views

Re: RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

180 Views
Message 92 of 343

Nixon committed treason in 1968 to enhace his election chances.

History recorded that as proved fact a number of years after it happened.

 

Reagan commited treason in 1980 to enhance his election chances.

History recorded that as proved fact a number of years after it happened.

 

Trump committed treason in 2016 to enhance his election chances.

History will eventually record that as proved fact.

 

Treason is something History records Republicans doing to win elections.

 

Cognitive dissonance is acting within conservatism right now, here, today.

 

Perhaps accelerated rates of aquisition of data/knowledge/evidence will make a difference this time...

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
180
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
189
Views

Re: RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

189 Views
Message 93 of 343

    Is it ignorance or stupidity of a mix of both that some seem to rely on when it comes the complicity of the Russians in the 2016 election?

     When Donald is found to be in cahoots with money laudering schemers that have ties back to Russia , will that change their opinion?

 

     I seriously doubt it, they are so invested in their "opinion" that any / all of the information that has been documented, not just 'liberal leaning sites", but  media outlets with investigative journalist that are not necessarily even tied to the US, they refuse to read or ignore.

 

      Meanwhile, that noose may be tightening...or is a corrupt president good with all the donald voters?   https://zembla.vara.nl/dossier/uitzending/trump-business-partner-accused-of-involvement-in-dutch-bas...

 

      After all, staying stupid or not, it is your choice at the moment.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
189
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
187
Views

Re: RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

187 Views
Message 94 of 343

Tx- I don't know where you think I've ever said I couldn't get over it. In fact,  I have clearly said that complacency and the DNC s  Meddling with Bernie Sanders candidacy,  along with Comey, and Russian meddling doomed Hillary.

( a post,  BTW,that you kudoed).  Was I upset when she lost? Clearly, I was upset because I could see what Trump was,  which was a lunatic.

I've also said that actually I would have preferred Bernie Sanders.

if Trump knew what he was doing,  if he was not so dangerous, if, Almost on a daily basis he was not trying to take away the rights of American citizens,  even taking away some of their healthcare benefits through his ridiculous healthcare bill,  which hopefully will be stopped by the Senate,  yeah we could just let him go and do his term.

but he is a danger and  he is a threat to every single person living in this country. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
187
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
192
Views

Re: RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

192 Views
Message 95 of 343

@pc6063 wrote:

 

 A lot of people, including myself, are upset that Trump is the president.



--

Appearances says more than words, like in the saying 'your words speak so loud I can't hear what you are saying'.  Or more like what Ralph Waldo Emerson once said:  “What you do speaks so loudly I can't hear what you say.”

 

Your posts clearly say that you are so disappointed that Hillary lost that you can't get over it.  And thus you and others are grasping at straws to somehow in your minds make her President.  That is very evident in much of what her supporters are posting.

 

As far as what the government has released starting with Obama's crew, is similar to the actions of authoritarian governments who has conditioned the people to accept without evidence; just because they said so.  If there was evidence, they would have released enough as proof.  Why shouldn't Trump's administration just let that ride?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
192
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
199
Views

Re: RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

199 Views
Message 96 of 343

Tx-- A few things--

 A lot of people, including myself, are upset that Trump is the president.  I think he's a total, and dangerous fool.   I think that he is gutting  the moral fabric of our country.    I think he has made our country a laughingstock throughout the world, as do many.  

however, I would have  thought that whether the election has been legitimate or not.

 Had Clinton won, and I much rather would have been able to vote for Sanders, I would still be concerned if there had been Russian interference. 

 Should you believe federal officials??

well it depends on who they are.

if it is someone who gets up every day and lies and lies and lies and then has all his spokespeople do the same,  I would say no. That would be Trump.

However if you have an FBI official, Comey,  who has clearly been on both sides of this issue;  (i'll remind you what happened 11 days before the election) ,

and his pronouncement of Russian meddling are backed up by many other federal agencies, I would say yes,  you should trust them. 

 And sadly if you don't, I believe this is the influence of the propaganda that Trump and his ilk have spread.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
199
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
204
Views

Re: RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

204 Views
Message 97 of 343

@pc6063 wrote:

Tx- you and I have always been pretty honest with each other so I have to tell you that for me this is not about Hillary's loss it is about Russian interference in our elections.


--

Appearances says different.  This really went into high gear after Obama went public in January in what appeared to be designed to cast legitimacy of a Trump presidency.  It was very apparent that he was more concerned about his legacy even at that.

 

Afterwards these doubt went into high gear with Hillary's supporters really jumping in.  And it is not normal for the government to be so adamant about information without releasing some sort of evidence to support their position.   JFK did so during the Cuban Missile Crisis. He laid everything out keeping the people informed.   LBJ used the so-called Gulf of Tonkin incident to escalate Vietnam.   And that was without evidence and we see that it was completely false.

 

So now we are supposed to believe this based on the word of federal officials?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
204
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
210
Views

Re: RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

210 Views
Message 98 of 343

Tx- you and I have always been pretty honest with each other so I have to tell you that for me this is not about Hillary's loss it is about Russian interference in our elections. It also bothers me that Russia is inserting itself into Francis's  electoral process. Puttin is a vicious, murderess, vile, power monger-- people throughout the world should be concerned.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
210
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
187
Views

Re: RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

187 Views
Message 99 of 343

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

The truth will come out soon.  As Russia is the biggest disturber of world peace.  Not North Korea, Iran or IsIs.  As the top general in Afghanistan has said that the Russians are supplying the Taliban with arms,  Russia is protecting Assad,  Russia is waging war in the Ukraine, Russia is working to disrupt NATO and Russia helped get Trump elected.


Do you even know a single person that changed their vote because of Russia or links to Wikileaks?  YES!  I also know several people who changed their vote because of Comey's late in the campaign comments.  Hillary wrote her own loss by calling half the people deplorables while she was the only deplorable.  Way to distort the facts, NOT.  She called half of Trump's supporters deplorable, not "half the people".  Certainly you know the difference.  She also specifically defined the deplorables.  Most reasonable people would agree who she defined as depolorables, are indeed deplorable.  Maybe you don't.


About your friends who changed their minds because of the leaks. Is it possible that they changed their minds because they found out that the DNC had corrupted the primary process?? I did ask and they said "no".  But thanks for asking.  If so, that means their minds were changed by the truth. A bad thing????  Your premise is wrong, so your point is invalid.

 

As to "deplorables" - is it not possible that they were disgusted by such campaign tactics? Are racists deplorables?Are sexists?  What about homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobics?  Trump calls them "everyday Americans". Why?  He embraces them.  I believe they're deploarable as well as those who embrace them and curry their favor.

 

It is common forn pols to "bad-mouth" each other, but attacking the voters was new.  Really?  You and Rush must have missed Romney's, ""There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what ... who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... and so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives,"


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
187
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
186
Views

Re: RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

186 Views
Message 100 of 343

@pc6063 wrote:

Tx- This  thread is not about Hillary's loss , it is about Russian interference and manipulation of our 2016 presidential election, something that should alarm everybody on both sides of the aisle.

 as I have previously stated,  even if Hillary had won,  I would be very,  very concerned to hear that the Russians manipulated the election.


--

Of course it's all about Russian interference....BUT because Hillary lost.  If she has won, there would be no discussion about it.  Please don't insult my intelligence by saying her loss has no part in these discussions.   That is the elephant in the room, pun intended.

 

+

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
186
Views