Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: RS: Democratic Debate Report Cards

Message 21 of 27

Must I embarras some with actual facts?  

GOP strategist Jeff Roe, who ran Texas Sen. Ted Cruz' 2016 presidential campaign, tweeted out to his 16,000 followers asking fellow Republicans "to donate $1 to keep this vibrant democrat on the debate stage. One debate performance is not enough."

At least several people appear to have taken up the challenge based on responses to Roe, accompanied by copies of receipts of their campaign donations.

Because qualifying for future debates requires a certain level of fundraising and support, Republicans say they want to keep her offbeat presence on stage.

Jeff Roe

@jeffroe

Please, calling on all republicans to go to https://www.marianne2020.com and donate $1 to keep this vibrant democrat on the debate stage. One debate performance is not enough. #DemDebate2020 https://twitter.com/chrisstigall/status/1144438104390078465 

Marianne Williamson for President | Join the Evolution

Marianne Williamson is running for president in 2020 and is dedicated to creating a new political possibility that elevates our standards of American democracy.

marianne2020.com
Chris Stigall

@ChrisStigall
PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 27

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The RW are not pushing any Dem candidate.  The most qualified candidate (the one offering the most free stuff) will win.

The GOPerLords never support a viable Democratic candidate and THEY are the ones who are getting all the free stuff, paid for by the bottom 99%.

Freebees from the Reagan Taxscam   $1.065TRILLION

Freebees from the Trump Taxscam     $0.140TRILLION

Freebees for 60 Corporations               $0.140TRILLION                 

TOTAL 2019GOP HANDOUT TO 10%  $1.345tTRILLION

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 27

The RW are not pushing any Dem candidate.  The most qualified candidate (the one offering the most free stuff) will win.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 27

What I find more interesting is all of the late night quarterbacking by the GOP as they are attempting to sway the outcome.    That and the RW bots attempting to sway the public opinion as well.     Some did much better than others, and that is to be expected.   

Hilariously, the RW is pushing for Williamson and T. Gabbard, neither of which I suspect will make it to the next debate stage, unless the GOP want to buy them a place on stage.

Unfortunately, money counts.    Interestingly, those watching did donate to their candidates, and we will know more in July about those "winners".   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 27

I was kind of underwhelmed Wednesday night. Everyone did ok. All are better than Trump.  I hate Delaney; he’s from my area.  I thought Cory Booker did better than expected. Elizabeth Warren is my nerdy policy wonk soul mate.  Beto was meh.

Night  2 was crazy. Let’s just all vote for Marianne Williamson. She makes about as much sense as Trump. Smiley Very Happy

Kamala was strong. Pete wasn’t as strong as I would have liked. Biden was painful to watch.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 27

No surprise to see Kamala Harris and Julian Castro get A's. They went to the top of my list also. 

My favorite from last night was Kamala Harris.

Kamala Harris showed that she is ready to lead. Early on, she put down a shouting match coming from her opponents saying, “Hey, guys, you know what? America does not want to witness a food fight, they want to know how we are going to put food on their table.” She took command of the stage and owned it for the entire evening. She was also the only candidate to challenge Biden (over his remarks on segregation). In my book, that's an A+.  

Mayor Pete did okay too. Biden is clearly running as Obama's third term, and Bernie is a 2016 rerun. The rest were ho-hum.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

RS: Democratic Debate Report Cards

Message 27 of 27

Rolling Stone hands out report cards for the D-debates:

After two nights, four hours, and 20 candidates, the first Democratic debate of the 2020 presidential campaign is in the bag. While a handful of competitors shined onstage in Miami, many more had nights they’d rather forget. 

Below is our consolidated report card from the big show in South Florida:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/report-card-every-candidate-democratic-debates-8...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors