Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: RS: Democratic Debate Report Cards

Message 1 of 27

Democratic Debate Report Cards

I pretty much agree with the Rollingstone assessment.

I give Sanders credit for being a / the leader on issues going way back.

Harris was born in 1964, Sanders was entering  public service in 1964. Sanders has a long record of being on the right side of history. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 27

This debate, imperfect as it was, did help sort out a few candidates. Most of us could probably identify 10 or so that could be dropped. Maybe not the same 10 in all cases, but we narrow the field, and that's what needs to happen soon. The front runners are likely to be there for a while, so we will hear more from them. 

I do like the town halls, and watched a few of them, but only for candidates that I found interesting. How many people are going to watch that many town halls this early in the process? When the field is more defined, the town halls will be more helpful.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

@john258 wrote:

Just a   thought for all. Yes you can do a report card after a debate on that debate only. If you think you are going to get a detailed policy proposal from any one when they have only 30 seconds to speak I have a bridge to sell you. Well one exception. With Trump you will get policy in 30 seconds as he has mental problems. He did that in 2016 and won so that should tell all something. What everyone should be looking for is someone they think can lead the US out of the current mess, and keep in mind any of the 20 , plus Bill Weld are better than Trump. Watch them when they are speaking alone as you might get policy they want to do. Town Halls with one person can be good at that. The debates are a good way to see them all together, and how they react to what comes their way. Just do not look for policy details. The main thing for all thinking people is to get Trump out as he is destroying this country.

True. But you get a glimpse at their personality....and character....nobody at this Democratic debate was talking about the size of their hands and other body parts like they did in the Republican debates in 2015...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

Just a   thought for all. Yes you can do a report card after a debate on that debate only. If you think you are going to get a detailed policy proposal from any one when they have only 30 seconds to speak I have a bridge to sell you. Well one exception. With Trump you will get policy in 30 seconds as he has mental problems. He did that in 2016 and won so that should tell all something. What everyone should be looking for is someone they think can lead the US out of the current mess, and keep in mind any of the 20 , plus Bill Weld are better than Trump. Watch them when they are speaking alone as you might get policy they want to do. Town Halls with one person can be good at that. The debates are a good way to see them all together, and how they react to what comes their way. Just do not look for policy details. The main thing for all thinking people is to get Trump out as he is destroying this country.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27
I like Marianne Williamson but she can't beat Trump. I like Elizabeth Warren but Trump will go the nasty route with her and we'll get mired in that. I really liked Julian Castro and want to learn more about him.Too soon to say, but much as I like Biden, I do feel he needs to forward the torch. His time has come and gone.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 27

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

None of the Democratic candidates lied enough to get Today's Right Wing support.

You are correct, they told the truth - if elected they will give the Dems all free stuff - lots of it and the taxes will skyrocket to support all the free stuff and they didn't leave the illegals out either - they will get some free stuff.

Isn't a wonderful country we live in with all this free stuff?

Nope .... It was "not wonderful" to watch all the "free stuff" Trump and his Republican bandits handed over to the most wealthy at the expense of all other Americans!

The entire population of the U.S. that pay taxes got a tax cut.

Wrong NOTHAPPENING! 

Many middle class tax payers received no tax cuts or actually had their taxes increased!

If you are eluding to the fact that most liberals do not pay taxes (the 47% that pay no taxes), maybe you're correct.

Your ludicrous, disparaging  accusation is NOT FACT.  As such, there's nothing to "elude"!

Only those that paid taxes got a tax cut.

Wrong again NOTHAPPENING.

Some wealthy companies like Google, who make 10 Billion dollars in profit and pay nothing in taxes, received an enormous "tax cut"!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27

Humorous:   First the RW screms about xyz and says that GOP are not pushing any candidate, so that is proven wrong, then the go on a Distraction 101 campaign.   

The only question is why are they bothering to comment if in fact they don't care who the Dem Candidate will be?   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Democratic Debate Report Cards

Message 8 of 27

I guess you aren't very objective!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Democratic Debate Report Cards

Message 9 of 27

Unbelievable! Any objective person knows the bulk of the GOP tax bill, went to the ultra rich and big corporations. 

The tax bill also added more than 1 Trillion Dollars to the deficit, which caused interest rates to rise and essentially eat up the little bit of benefit the middle class derived from the bill.

So much for Republicans reducing the deficit and bringing us smaller government.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

None of the Democratic candidates lied enough to get Today's Right Wing support.

You are correct, they told the truth - if elected they will give the Dems all free stuff - lots of it and the taxes will skyrocket to support all the free stuff and they didn't leave the illegals out either - they will get some free stuff.

Isn't a wonderful country we live in with all this free stuff?

Nope .... It was "not wonderful" to watch all the "free stuff" Trump and his Republican bandits handed over to the most wealthy at the expense of all other Americans!

The entire population of the U.S. that pay taxes got a tax cut. If you are eluding to the fact that most liberals do not pay taxes (the 47% that pay no taxes), maybe you're correct.  Only those that paid taxes got a tax cut.

Prove what you write.  Because it’s not true.  You don’t think there are poor conservatives? 

I paid more and I’m a liberal. I’ve paid taxes since I was 15.

To a large degree, the gap between perception and reality on the tax cuts appears to flow from a sustained — and misleading — effort by liberal opponents of the law to brand it as a broad middle-class tax increase. 

That is from your liberal NY Slimes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/business/economy/income-tax-cut.html

Here's Time's take (liberal):

https://time.com/5570679/trump-tax-cuts/

Here's the left's Gospel the Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/04/15/tax-day-did-gop-tax-bill-live-up-its-promises/?ut...

Need more?

Sure there are poor conservatives but those didn't get a tax cut either.  Only those that pay taxes.

BTW- Those that live in greedy blue states could have paid more in taxes because the write off for state imposed taxes was limited to $10K.  Solution, move to a less greedy state.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors