Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ROY MOORE MURAL IN FLORENCE, AL

Message 1 of 8

@alferdpacker wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Oddly, Moore has a lot of support among white women. Trump had support among white women in his election in 2016.

Here is an interesting opinion piece on why:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/roy-moore-s-white-female-voters-are-part-long-history-ncna8279...

They don't dare consider the possibility that they were raised believing in and living their lives according to a series of "cultural standards" that are not and never were true...

My heart goes out to women who have been scarred from growing up in a sexist environment.  My hat comes off for women who did, addressed it, came to terms with it, and changed their attitudes to where they simply will not put up with it any longer and now speak out about it.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Oddly, Moore has a lot of support among white women. Trump had support among white women in his election in 2016.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/roy-moore-s-white-female-voters-are-part-long-history-ncna8279...

They don't dare consider the possibility that they were raised believing in and living their lives according to a series of "cultural standards" that are not and never were true...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

I don't have a vote in this issue, but it is clear that the election of this person will change the Republican Party.  

From Charles Blow: (nyt)   

If Alabama voters on Tuesday elect Roy Moore to the Senate, the Donald Trump-diseased party once known as the Republicans may as well call themselves Roypublicans.

There will be no way to shake the stench of this homophobic, Islamophobic, sexist, racist apologist and accused pedophile. He is them, and they are him. Any pretense of tolerance and egalitarianism, already damaged by a Republican history of words and deeds, will be completely obliterated.

There will be no way to simply say that Moore is the abominable outgrowth of Alabama voters’ anger.

Trump was the gateway to the Roypublicans.   https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/10/opinion/republicans-roy-moore-harassment.html?_r=0 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@ChasKy53–Re: article:: how sad!

Isn’t it awful that some haven’t evolved past this point?  I understand not speaking out about sexual assault when young—a subject I spoke about in another thread—but to support such a vile pig?? Can’t ever remember being told or thinking that I was less then—but I remember hearing that pigs like Moore and trump were less then.

Ugh!

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

Sure there is, Phyllis. He's emblematic of the Trump "Deplorables", the poster boy. And the trump Cult adores him.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

@alferdpacker—Disgusting that people would have to think for one second about voting for such a disgusting piece of fecal matter. His comments on homosexuality and slavery alone are a disqualifyer.  this man isn’t fit to be called human. He is a cancer that needs to be eliminated. I would be ashamed to admit I ever thought about supporting this scum for one second—but then  Again, I understand science, have intelligence, and morals, something obviously lacking in this gross animal. 

There is nothing at all positive that can be said. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

ROY MOORE MURAL IN FLORENCE, AL

Message 8 of 8

DQnbbQiVQAY7Cko.jpg

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors