AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: REPUBLICAN LAWMAKERS SCRAMBLE TO PROTECT MUELLER FROM trump

Message 1 of 5

@phyllisc6781

@rker321

In reply to his references about “them” being after him...is he seeing pink elephants, little green men, or I think that maybe his “flying monkeys” might be turning on him!

And I do hope that there may be some additional protection for Mueller, from both sides of the aisle.

But, I just got an email from Sen. Harris that the senate as Friday has scheduled a vote for Monday on abortion issues...the repubs are so scared about any discussion on issues, such as healthcare and tax cuts, that they resort to forcing their view. Small wonder Dems don’t trust them nor do I trust them. They are scared of trump’s base. I do hope that there are some repubs that will 

return to having a moral code!

Or do “l smell” the influence of the evangelical right...hmm, maybe all of them thought they got a message from God?! If they got a message, it’s not from God, it just may be all of those immoral little voices in their heads that “are after them”!!

the truth is out there

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Those senators who have decided to leave have spoken out against trump, as they should. The others, are hanging in there thinking not about our country but their reelections come November.

However, with trump’s shrinking base and the total disgust  by many who voted for him over his antics and anti-American actions, it must be wondered where their minds are.

Blumenthal came on CNN last night and said that he sees many cases of obstruction of justice with regard to trump– – totally separate from the Russian investigation.

He also said that trump’s continual prattle about “them” being “after him,”  is ridiculous since none of the indictments so far have anything to do with him directly, but rather, the connection to Russia and the election meddling.

Let us hope that the Republicans in both the House and the Senate develop a backbone,  admit they were wrong about this destructive idiot, who needs to be removed as soon as possible, and finally do what is right for our country. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

It should be embarrassing for both Republicans and Democrats not to support the Special Counselor.  
If they are so entrenched in their own ideas that they cannot see the dangerous road that something like this could lead this country and its so called Democracy, then perhaps  we don't  deserve to have a Democratic system.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

@phyllisc6781

Phy, I so hope that you are right about some repub support. You make so many good points here. But what always happens so far, some puff out their chests, say trump is so wrong and then they cave in and support trump. Why? They are afraid of his base and it’s affect on their election prospects. For other repubs walking away from congress, they may have been critical before, but after the tax cuts, this made millions for many of them...now they don’t want to criticize their sugar daddy nor admit how immoral their actions were...voting to enrich themselves at others expense. We need to keep developing a stronger sense of self. trump’s base is shrinking. There is so much potential to bring new voters aboard to oppose liddle donnie and stand against him and his minions. Will we?

the truth is out there!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

REPUBLICAN LAWMAKERS SCRAMBLE TO PROTECT MUELLER FROM trump

Message 5 of 5

CNN— given trump’s propensity to attempt to obstruct justice with regard to the Russian investigation, Republican and Democratic lawmakers are seeking to protect Mueller after Trump tried to fire him. 

Chuck Grassley (Rep) said he is open to a bi-partisan bill to protect Mueller, saying “The Mueller Investigation should work its course.”

When asked if he would support the firing of Mueller, Grassley’s answer was, “Heavens no.”

According to the report, there are many other Republican lawmakers who agree with Grassley. 

Sen. Corey Brooker (D) said, “There  is a need for legislation to curb trump’s authoritarian tendencies.”  Brooker also noted the pattern that is plain to see with regard to trump trying to derail this investigation. 

The case for obstruction of justice, according to Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, (D) who sits on the Judiciary Committee, “has grown stronger by the day.”

Jeffries recounted the incidences and the pattern to which Brooker alluded saying there has been a number of things,”which have led us to this moment.”

1.  “Since taking the office of president, trump has consistently fired individuals who he felt have gotten too close to his administration and the possibility of wrongdoing.

2. On January 2017, it was Sally Yates who went to the WH and expressed concern that Michael Flynn could be a mole, who was subject to blackmail from Russia, next thing you know Sally Yates was fired.

3. And then there was Preitt Farriah (?) who was the US Attorney for the southern district of NY, who was actively investigating close allies of the trump campaign—next thing you know, trump fires Preitt Farriah.

4. And then, of course, there was James Comey, the FBI Director who was leading the criminal investigation into the trump campaign, so it should come as no surprise that he (trump) tried to fire the Special Prosecutor.”

Maybe, just maybe, even the Republicans are starting to understand what a a crooked and felonious criminal sits in the oval office.

Gee, I miss having a real president ‘

Kudos
Views
Replies