Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 5

it should be taken into account that this is in Alabama - a state that has educationally been in the lowest ten nationwide for nearly a century...

It's doubtful that over 5% understand that the First Amendment has erected a Wall of Separation between Church and State - and whether they even know of the SCOTUS Lemon Decision - and the Lemon Test...

Bless their little hearts...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@fffred wrote:

I'm not a religious person. It annoys me when a "state" entity seems to promote a particular religion. On the other hand, if all religions are treated equally then I see no particular issue with public facilities being used (eg: display of Christmas manger, displays for Yamim Noraim, displays for Ramadan, etc)

(on the other hand, as I type this, the curmugeon in me goes "so, we're going to use public cash for all this stuff?" well, perhaps it would be private cash, using public facilities...they are "public" after all?)

Where I would really draw the line is if I had to pray when I got on the public bus, etc. Nope.

Aw heck, I pray on public buses all the time! Most of those drivers are crazy! Lol.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

I'm not a religious person. It annoys me when a "state" entity seems to promote a particular religion. On the other hand, if all religions are treated equally then I see no particular issue with public facilities being used (eg: display of Christmas manger, displays for Yamim Noraim, displays for Ramadan, etc)

(on the other hand, as I type this, the curmugeon in me goes "so, we're going to use public cash for all this stuff?" well, perhaps it would be private cash, using public facilities...they are "public" after all?)

Where I would really draw the line is if I had to pray when I got on the public bus, etc. Nope.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Agreed. 

There are private schools for all that nonsense.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

RELIGIOUS RITUAL ON PUBLIC SCHOOL PROPERTY

Message 5 of 5

FROM FOX NEWS: "The Freedom From Religion Foundation complained high school football coaches in Chatom, Ala. were doing "illegal" activities last month when they oversaw 18 football players get baptized near the field."

Let's be fair. Why not expand the pro church-and-state agenda to include the ciccumcision of 18 Jewish or 18 Muslim students. How far afield is that?

schlomo
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors