Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: REASONABLE TAX REFORM

Message 11 of 14

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

EXCELLENT first baby step to bring equity into the Reagan taxscam.

Next get rid of the "uniform gift to minor's act" so Tripper and Bunny aren't tax-exempt millionaires before they turn 21 while the kids in the bottom 95% pay tax on their minimum wage jobs while trying to save for college.

Just to make sure how obscene this "carried interest" loophole is, in 2017 the top 25 fund managers paid themselves a total of $16.8 BILLION in 2017 ($672Million EACH in a single year) so it's obvious they really really need to pay the same rate someone earning over $38,700 pays.

If I kick the bucket with five grand in the bank, I can leave to to my kids. Why should someone with more not have the same rights I have?

Because REASON must be applied to arrive at REASONABLE solutions and such absolutism serves no purpose in a constructive discussion.

The Founding Fathers rejected monarchist devices of all kinds, and we need to prevent the establishment of a new monarchy based on inherited wealth.

Republicans seek to replace the Divine Right of Kings with a Divine Right of Wealthy. Terrible idea, that's why the anti-aristocracy tax on inherited wealth needs to be strengthened so winners of the "spawn lottery" are taxed just like winners of the State Lottery.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Next get rid of the "uniform gift to minor's act" so Tripper and Bunny aren't tax-exempt millionaires before they turn 21 while the kids in the bottom 95% pay tax on their minimum wage jobs while trying to save for college.

Just to make sure how obscene this "carried interest" loophole is, in 2017 the top 25 fund managers paid themselves a total of $16.8 BILLION in 2017 ($672Million EACH in a single year) so it's obvious they really really need to pay the same rate someone earning over $38,700 pays.

If I kick the bucket with five grand in the bank, I can leave to to my kids. Why should someone with more not have the same rights I have?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

REASONABLE TAX REFORM

Message 14 of 14
Kudos
Views