Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: REASON TO HEED SELF-ISOLATION & SOCIAL DISTANTING ORDERS

Message 2 of 15

@gruffstuff wrote:

Since acute respiratory distress syndrome is the leading cause of death in patients with coronavirus, it is extra important to avoid getting coronavirus while there is a shortage of ventilators in hospitals. Once there no longer is a shortage of ventilators, self quarantines can be relaxed

That's not true,  80% of patients that go on ventilators die.  People need to avoid this virus and NOT bring it home. Most people have a high risk person in their family. 

Once we get past the peak there  will be no shortage of ventilators, but the virus will be just as dangerous. 

If we get the numbers down enough then the chance of catching the virus goes down, but it will still be just as dangerous.

According to https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8181293/NHS-data-shows-66-coronavirus-patients-hooked-venti... , it's 66%.

"Relaxed" doesn't mean discontinued.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/relaxed

Definition of relaxed

1 : freed from or lacking in precision or stringency

Going from shopping once a week to twice a week is "relaxed."  Meanwhile, you seem to suggest that people should never go outdoors to buy food and starve to death.  How often do you shop?

Does anyone know why coronavirus patients aren't put in hyperbaric chambers?

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

Since acute respiratory distress syndrome is the leading cause of death in patients with coronavirus, it is extra important to avoid getting coronavirus while there is a shortage of ventilators in hospitals. Once there no longer is a shortage of ventilators, self quarantines can be relaxed

That's not true,  80% of patients that go on ventilators die.  People need to avoid this virus and NOT bring it home. Most people have a high risk person in their family. 

Once we get past the peak there  will be no shortage of ventilators, but the virus will be just as dangerous. 

If we get the numbers down enough then the chance of catching the virus goes down, but it will still be just as dangerous.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

At this point assume everyone has the virus and can transmit it, including yourself.

Update

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52177586 

Coronavirus: Tiger at Bronx Zoo tests positive for Covid-19

Might want to consider social distancing for pets, keeping pets confined, avoiding dog parks, and so on.

I've heard reports of dogs getting covid-19

Clearly it can infect cats, the virus in this case passed from human handlers to the tigers.

We should probably assume it can pass back to humans the same way

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

@LydiaN586309 

Great chart. For a simple look at potential symptoms of what might be taking place. The KISS principle comes thru again with this one. Thanks. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

fmtjcg6rc0q41.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

Mask, gloves, eye shield, stay home, limit trips out, and personal distance for any trips out into public places, for over three weeks now. Take precautions, as someone said: my mask protects you, your mask protects me. 
Any precaution may not be 100%, but it's a good start. 
But, this I will not let loose of, where could we have been now with testing starting three months ago, and why do we still not have enough tests? Authorities still do not have a good status of the extent of the virus, but could have had thru more testing. 
trump owns this, he dropped the ball, and still has not picked it up. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

@aruzinsky wrote:

Since acute respiratory distress syndrome is the leading cause of death in patients with coronavirus, it is extra important to avoid getting coronavirus while there is a shortage of ventilators in hospitals. Once there no longer is a shortage of ventilators, self quarantines can be relaxed.

A bit like saying that once we get enough chemo and radiology treatment centers everybody can go back to smoking two packs a day. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

@aruzinsky wrote:

Since acute respiratory distress syndrome is the leading cause of death in patients with coronavirus, it is extra important to avoid getting coronavirus while there is a shortage of ventilators in hospitals. Once there no longer is a shortage of ventilators, self quarantines can be relaxed.

Disinfect everything you bring into your home, now, and, maybe, forever.

Personally, I think that it is unnecessary to shop for groceries more than once a week.

I agree with washing groceries...just like my grandmother used to do...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

@afisher wrote:

Make a mask (no bra necessary).   Find a piece of fabric / old pillow case, dish towel , etc.   Size maybe 15" by 10"    Fold 15" in half and then 10" in half.   Figure out how wide you need the mask.   Fold the 15" width fabric to that width by folding both ends.    At each fold, insert a rubber band..Pony tell rubber bands are comfy, but use what is available.     You can staple the fabric ends in place and voila a mask.         For those with sewing equipment , that is better, but.......  this is KISS.

I'm the first to admit, that I don't wear one on my morning run, but I do keep social distancing in my mind and let people know that I am approaching them from behind and a then do a big circle around them.  

I'm not wearing one either on my bike rides or when hiking. I've changed where I hike to a larger trail where I can get six feet away from people. But I do wear one out to the grocery store when I have to go, and when I open the door to the grocery delivery person (if I'm lucky enough to get a delivery spot). 

I don't see runners or bikers wearing them around here. But most of the walkers are. They aren't the easiest things to breathe through...

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors