Honored Social Butterfly

Quit Packing SCOTUS With Catholics....

How would you feel if the court was packed with 7 of 9 Jews?  Or 7 of 9 Muslims?  Think about it....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

LOL I still remember hearing many times don't vote for a Catholic  because they will have the pope rule the country. LOL  perhaps they were right. LOL

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Do we truly have separation of Church and State...needs to be asked in this situation with the SC Judges and the new nominee. Especially when she will not answer questions, but her religious views  support striking down certain parts of the Constitution...can she really make an unbiased decision...when her mind is probably already made up?

Honored Social Butterfly

lol2.jpg

NO  YOU DON\T

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Religion was invoked about 80 times during the questioning of Amy Cone Barrett:

75 mentions came from Republicans or Barrett. Only five came from Democrats.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@gordyfl wrote:

Religion was invoked about 80 times during the questioning of Amy Cone Barrett:

75 mentions came from Republicans or Barrett. Only five came from Democrats.

Proving once again, religious affiliation is the basis for Republican values while seperation of church and state is the pillar of a good Democracy.

Honored Social Butterfly

Apparently, some would prefer the court be packed with 7 of 9 Catholics, Bill!  Is it any wonder Q-Anon throws shade on pedophiles? ("don't pay any attention to those Catholics on the bench over there on the SCOTUS sitting in judgment of our laws and government?)

Honored Social Butterfly

Until Roe v Wade ended the legal support for the Fundamentalist dogma that women must be subservient to men, Catholics tended to vote Democratic because the Church taught compassion. Now they are united on the single issue of women's reproductive rights and since very few Fundies receive an education that would allow them to get jobs that would put them in the running for a seat on SCOTUS, the fundie banner is being carried by Catholics.

To NOT want to return to the moral miasma of the18th Century is a valid reason to oppose those who think embracing the 21st is unconstitutional.

Honored Social Butterfly

If Bill Maher is the end all of who should determine who should be on the Supreme court...  then that's IS a problem and gives credence to organizations like QAnon. 

It's satire wrapped in left wing outrage, by an atheist zealot. Anyone using his comments as a bench mark should re -examine their own morality. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

I don't believe anyone suggested "Bill Maher is the end all of who should determine who should be on the Supreme court"  But 7 out of 9 including a handmaid?  Clearly, Bill Maher made a GREAT point!

Amy Coney Barrett served as a ‘handmaid’ in Christian group People of Praise 

Would you be OK if Biden put 2 Islamics on the court to make the court more diverse?

Honored Social Butterfly

If two Muslims were appointments for SCOTUS (executive branch doesn't place anyone) I would expect a forensic examination of their ideology since Islam allows for jihad and lying against infidels. 

Most Muslims are peace loving people. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

If two Muslims were appointments for SCOTUS (executive branch doesn't place anyone) I would expect a forensic examination of their ideology since Islam allows for jihad and lying against infidels. Seems reazonable Catholics should endure the same scrutiny, given their penchant for pedophilia and clinic bombings...

Mm8vJ66uSUaGbXNeq6Uv_FB.0.1534626845.jpg74639681-young-man-in-a-tin-foil-hat-poses-funny-faces-afraid-of-radiation-or-aliens.jpg

Regular Social Butterfly

I wonder what is said in the confession booths.  Has anyone ever bugged them?

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Maybe the Supreme court can do Exorcisms now... I like it!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Maybe the Supreme court can do Exorcisms now... I like it!

Not sure your evil POTUS would survive..."I like it"!   Though he may be able to create the "demon seed" he has endorsed so passionately.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png