Get a newer and safer vehicle while saving money! Check out the AARP auto buying program.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Questions for All Those Against Abortion

Message 31 of 177

Gd, these are late-term fetuses, not embryos. Looking at them doesn't change my mind that abortion should be safe and legal.

You are living in a fantasy world where abortions didn't happen before they were legal. Millions of abortions happened before they were legal.

We need to make sure that we never return to the world of back-street abortions.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 177

@fangoh45 wrote:

Thanks for clearing the air. I would have never guessed. I simply read the sentence and took it from there. So living outside the womband breathing on it's own-I assume then unlike Obama you're against Post Birth Abortions. Am I correct?

So, are we talking about Obama or Abortions?  Doesn't the word abort means to stop something, so how can you get post-birth abortions?  Is it already Happy Hour?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 177

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

There is NO CHILD until it can survive without the mother.

By your logic a child being breastfed or spoon fed by it's mother could be terminated, if desired. After all, the child or non-being could not long survive without the mother nurturing it.

Looks as if you are going to extremes with that post and comment.   Of course anyone with any intelligence would know that it would mean being able to live outside the womb and breathing on it's own.

Thanks for clearing the air. I would have never guessed. I simply read the sentence and took it from there. So living outside the womband breathing on it's own-I assume then unlike Obama you're against Post Birth Abortions. Am I correct?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 177

Alferd, you have your priorities right. You are rich in your children, and rich in life. You've made a difference.

My children have turned out well, but I can't claim that we took on any additional responsibilities. Kudos to you. You are much braver than I.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 177

Cat - it was all sheer blind luck

I didn't plan to adopt - I was trying to get my business going while my wife was working two part time jobs finishing paying off debts from college.

We were living in a cheap redneck trailer park that winter, and heard a bunch of screaming and swearing coming from next door.  The 14 year old girl next door had just been kicked out of the house in a snowstorm in her pajamas because she was pregnant.  Her parents hadn't taught her anything about how her body worked, and how babies were started - so - yep....

Turns out the preacher's son had gotten one of her friends(13) in the trailer park pregnant too - and those boneheaded fundamentalists wouldn't take care of their kids - so we did.    We went from married a little less than 2 years to instant parenthood - with crabby insecure pregnant adolescents...(if you think the terrible twos are rough...)   After we got temporary custody, and were officially foster parents, and the girls no longer got crap from their peers, life got lots less stressful for the girls. 

We managed to make it - found a family that was home schooling who had no problems with the girls being pregnant.  The school and authorities were upset until they were told the girls were pregnant.  Whoops!  That changed everything for the school authorities.    The next year, we started foster parenting because there was a need - it turned into adoptions, and the family just grew.  We never considered doing anything else.  Now our kids are - a psychiatrist. a gyn-ob, a civil engineer, a one time nurse with a doctorate who administers a nursing program, a metallurgist, a research physician,   a school superintendent, a college professor, a teacher who got a doctorate and now runs an autism teaching and research center - and four more who have yet to find what they are driven to do.

No plan - We stumbled into it - discovered we not only wanted to do it but did ok - and here we are - looking back wondering how we managed that and have the kids trusting us with their kids....  think we'll keep it without any changes.

Gottfried von Berlichingen said it 500 years ago - now it is entirely appropriate and deserved for tRump...
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 177

@fangoh45 wrote:

By your logic a child being breastfed or spoon fed by it's mother could be terminated, if desired. After all, the child or non-being could not long survive without the mother nurturing it.

Looks as if you are going to extremes with that post and comment.   Of course anyone with any intelligence would know that it would mean being able to live outside the womb and breathing on it's own.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 177

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Dave, your poster is much like runner's in post #1 and can be answered the same.

Of course, who is for war, poverty, homelessness, our planet's derogation, and hunger or against  human rights, education and jobs?

Capital punishment is a bit different the unborn child did nothing to deserve killing, the recipient of capital punishment did.

If the term "prolife" is inappropriate to you, then "prochoice" meaning "baby killing" must really drive you nuts.

Sheer sophistry. There is NO CHILD until it can survive without the mother. Until then it is the MOTHERS decission whether or not to continue to sacrifice their body to support the fetus. There is not a civilized nation on earth that considers terminating a pregnancy "killing a baby". Since RWers feel its okay to kill actual people with families using guns and bonbs to make their point, their position on this matter is seriously warped.

The proper term for "prolife" is "salvemaster"

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 177

Alferd, you are an example to us all, whether we are pro- or anti-choice.

Too many children, especially older children, grow up in our foster care systems. All of these children deserve a home. One easy way for anyone to show their commitment to life is to adopt an older child and raise him/her to successful adulthood.

I have little respect for those who demand that every embryo be preserved, then abandon those children when they're born.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 177

@rker321 wrote:
Thank you so very much runner. and regarding  gd, who knows anyone that  when trying to make a point resorts to gross images can't be that wise.

OK  I have to ask... what do you see as gross about these pictures?   There is no commentary whatsoever? 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 177

@runner50 wrote:

rker321

"Runner, although we all appreciate your posts and what you are trying to say, please, could you simply make your images somewhat smaller, If you please? They are hard on the eyes."

You got it..............how much you want to bet gd is a Paul Ryan supporter?........Smiley

Thank you so very much runner. and regarding  gd, who knows anyone that  when trying to make a point resorts to gross images can't be that wise.

Kudos
Views