From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Putin backs Trump's decision to abandon our allies in Syria

Message 21 of 39

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, there is the answer - a President with the guts to do what he said he was going to do. 

And there you have it, a president who thinks with his gut instead of his brain. Russia gets control. Putin wins. 

Putin and Trump do have one common goal: They both want the price of oil to go up. Putin wants it for his treasury, Trump for his benefactors. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 39

@MaVolta wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MaVolta wrote: 

Unfortunately, the US and the rest of the West, have had too heavy a hand in playing one side against the other in order to "stabilize" the region since at least the fall of the Ottoman Empire after WWI. There is a reason why there is so much hate for the West in the ME. They have long memories, all the way back to The Crusades.

So maybe bring the troops home is a good idea. 

And leave Russia in charge?  

Russia likes instability, not just in the ME, but anywhere they can stir up trouble is okay with Putin. But Putin would like nothing better than to have a greater sphere of influence in the ME. Whether he wants an all-out war to erupt is another thing, and I have no idea . . . but greater instability might drive up the price of Russian oil, which he badly needs to happen. 

It wasn't that long ago that people where complaining about how long we have had troops in harms way in the ME. There was the usual drama about "our brave soldiers" and their families. The question was asked, "Why are they there and what will it take for them to come home?".

Well, there is the answer - a President with the guts to do what he said he was going to do. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 39

@rk9152 wrote:

@MaVolta wrote: 

Unfortunately, the US and the rest of the West, have had too heavy a hand in playing one side against the other in order to "stabilize" the region since at least the fall of the Ottoman Empire after WWI. There is a reason why there is so much hate for the West in the ME. They have long memories, all the way back to The Crusades.

And leave Russia in charge?  

Russia likes instability, not just in the ME, but anywhere they can stir up trouble is okay with Putin. But Putin would like nothing better than to have a greater sphere of influence in the ME. Whether he wants an all-out war to erupt is another thing, and I have no idea . . . but greater instability might drive up the price of Russian oil, which he badly needs to happen. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 39

@rk9152 wrote:

@MaVolta wrote: 

But even more obviously it isn't.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 39

@MaVolta wrote: 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 39

@Richva wrote:

Speaking of Iran, I have always felt it was suspicious that Dubwa took out their main opponent in the Gulf. Now Trump pulls all troops out so they have a wide open field to operate. What the heck is it with Republicans helping Iran?  Incompetence or something more sinister? 

Good  question, but difficult to fully answer. For the most part, he is incompetent, has no understanding of the region, and refuses to listen to those who do. Trump tends to support those countries where his monetary intersts lie. He also favors the Saudis, as did the Bush family, and he was not happy when Congress pulled the plug on funding for their proxi war in Yemen. And yet, this latest move is a big win for Rouhani. Go figure!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 39

@Richva wrote:

The predictions from the military experts who should have been in position to advise Trump is that ISIS will be making a comeback. Syria will be taking over territory they have been fighting for, Turkey will slaughter the Kurds, and Iran will be stronger. 

Speaking of Iran, I have always felt it was suspicious that Dubwa took out their main opponent in the Gulf. Now Trump pulls all troops out so they have a wide open field to operate. What the heck is it with Republicans helping Iran?  Incompetence or something more sinister? 

Maybe Iran gave them those pallets of cash that Obama gave away.

It is interesting how President Trump has turned the peacenick left into warmongers.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 39

The predictions from the military experts who should have been in position to advise Trump is that ISIS will be making a comeback. Syria will be taking over territory they have been fighting for, Turkey will slaughter the Kurds, and Iran will be stronger. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 39

Here is a thought to all. Learn about the Kurds and then talk about them in relation to this subject and the other areas of the Middle East they are in. Here are some items for you to start with.

1) The Kurds are a group of people who live in parts of Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Syria.. They want their own country and in a sense had that till the Europeans redrew the borders after WW1 and  the were now in 4 countries. They have been trying to change that since then.

2) They have been terror groups in the country they now reside. Here are 2 examples. Iraq: The are in N Iraq and have been fighting the rest of that country for years. The govt. used poison gas on them some years ago to try and get rid of them. They allowed Kurds who were terrorist in Turkey, Iran, Syria to base and live in their area. That is also true in all of the other countries where Kurds live. When we took over Iraq. we had all the groups in Iraq reach a peace deal and the Kurds got control of N. Iraq, and have made it into the most stable part of Iraq today. They do not allow the terror groups from other countries to live there now.  Turkey: They are the PKK and Turkey has been trying to get them under control for years now. Turkey has  gone in to Iraq a number of times after them and killed a lot. Turkey has use its Air Force against them. The same is true with Turkey and the Kurds in Syria. In my travels through the area the closest I ever came to terrorist was in Turkey when the PKK killed 4 people in an attack in the city I was staying in. They fled to Syria.

We did nothing this time to get some type of agreement between Turkey and the Kurds living in Syria to end the cross border problems such as we did in Iraq, and that is why Turkey is going after them again.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 39

There is now absolutely no illusion to the fact that Trump is being directed to take steps against the best counsel and advice of his own cabinet,  military, and other advisors.  It  is also obvious that he is getting his orders from outside of our government.  I believe the president has been compromised by more than one foreign government--chief among them being Russia.  His actions and behaviors are so blatantly in opposition to our nation's best interests that it would behoove the president to register as a foreign agent much like Flynn later did.   Trump apparently is working more on the behalf of other leader's nations than our own.  Trump is NOT his own man and although he may or may not be a "bought" man,  he is for sure a "caught" man!   Putin, Saudi's MBS, Turkey's  Erdogan, and even North korea's Jong-un seem to have him by the short hairs. In essence,  this is dangerous and more importantly, it is treasonous.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors