Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Putin Says - Mission Accomplished - Trump Handled

Message 91 of 112

House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan said in a statement that Russia undoubtedly interfered in the 2016 election.

“The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals,” Ryan said.

Source - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-summit-graham/u-s-lawmakers-call-trump-weak-in-summit-...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 112

Top House of Representatives Democrat Nancy Pelosi wrote on Twitter,

“Every single day, I find myself asking: what do the Russians have on @realDonaldTrump personally, financially, & politically?

The answer to that question is that only thing that explains his behavior & his refusal to stand up to Putin.”

Source - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-summit-graham/u-s-lawmakers-call-trump-weak-in-summit-...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 112

Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer said Trump’s approach in Helsinki was unprecedented.

“For the president of the United States to side with President Putin against American law enforcement, American defense officials, and American intelligence agencies is thoughtless, dangerous, and weak,” Schumer said.

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 112

I Trust The Russian KGB Agent over my own US Government Intelligence Agencies

HELSINKI (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said after meeting Vladimir Putin on Monday he saw no reason to believe his own intelligence agencies rather than trust the Kremlin leader on the question of whether Russia interfered to help him win the 2016 election.

On a day when he faced pressure from critics, allied countries and even his own staff to take a tough line, Trump said not a single critical word about Moscow on any of the issues that have brought relations between the two powers to the lowest ebb since the Cold War.

Instead, he denounced the “stupidity” of his own country’s policy, especially the decision to investigate election interference.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s office said he had no immediate comment on Trump’s remarks in Helsinki.

Source  - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-summit-graham/u-s-lawmakers-call-trump-weak-in-summit-...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 112

Will Hurd on Trump.png

Source - https://twitter.com/HurdOnTheHill?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 112

The director of National Intelligence under Donald Trump, Dan Coats, released a statement in response to Trump’s summit with Putin today. Trump said today he has confidence in Russia and the US intelligence community.

“All I can do is ask the question - my people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia,” Trump said. “I have President Putin he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this, I don’t see any reason why it would be but I really want to see the server but, I have confidence in both parties.”

“We have been clear in our assessments of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and their ongoing, pervasive efforts to undermine our democracy, and we will continue to provide unvarnished and objective intelligence in support of our national security,” Coats said.

Source - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2018/jul/16/trump-putin-summit-helsinki-russia-live

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 112

Retiring Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., called it "shameful."

"I never thought I would see the day when our American President would stand on the stage with the Russian President and place blame on the United States for Russian aggression. This is shameful,"

Flake, another frequent critic of the president, said on Twitter.

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/shameful-treasonous-disgrace-lawmakers-pundits-react-t...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 112

(CNN)President Donald Trump has sent a lot of bad tweets.

He's tweeted things that aren't true.

He's tweeted personal attacks about everyone from Hillary Clinton to Mika Brzezinski and back. He's called North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un "Little Rocket Man."

But a tweet he sent Monday morning -- just hours before sitting down with Russian President Vladimir Putin -- has to be the worst.

"Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!," tweeted Trump.

Let's be very, very clear about what Trump's tweet suggests: That the reason the US and Russia have an adversarial relationship is because of the special counsel investigating Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

Staggering. Stunning. Surreal.

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 112
‘Treasonous’ And ‘Disgraceful’: Critics Slam Trump’s Performance At Putin Summit
“Republican Patriots: Where are you???” asked former CIA Director John Brennan.
Trump by Brennen.png

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 112

In an astonishing news conference on Monday, President Trump, standing next to Vladimir Putin, rejected the overwhelming consensus among U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election.  

“They said, ‘I think it is Russia.’ I have President Putin. He just said it is not Russia,” Trump said in Helsinki after a two-hour private meeting with the Russian leader. “I will say this: I do not see any reason why it would be.”

Trump’s apparent willingness to take Putin’s word on the alleged interference coincides with a decline in U.S. relations with its closest allies around the world. Trump has criticized Canada, Mexico, and Europe on trade, NATO on defense, the U.K. government on its Brexit plan, and Germany and Sweden on immigration and crime. European capitals, especially, will have watched

Monday’s meeting and subsequent news conference closely. Trump’s meeting last week with NATO allies was marked for its rancor. He called the EU a “foe” on trade, and criticized British Prime Minister Theresa May for her “soft” approach toward Brexit and suggested it may cost her a free-trade deal with the U.S. (He since walked back those remarks.)

Source - https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/07/trump-putin/565238/

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views