Honored Social Butterfly

Protests Are About Police Violence/Institutional Racism, They Are Not About BIden

Protests across America and also those across the entire world are about police violence and institutional racism.

Our president, Donald Trump stirs the flames of discord and politicizes it instead of rationally addressing it. He tries to make it about Joe Biden who has nothing to do with the protests.

The Protests started because of the many Black men that have been killed by the police. The protest are about police violence and the disproportionate number of deaths of Black men by the hands of a minority of our police. They are about institutional racism, most especially within our police forces. George Floyd was strangled to death by a policeman holding his knee on Floyd's throat for over 8 minutes with it's entirety being recorded on camera. This set off protests and the "I Can't Breathe" slogan.

Many others have died, the list is long and most of those have been posted here.

Trump and his supporters continue a concerted effort to blame this on Democrats, IMHO, they see that as the only desperate chance to get Trump re-elected.

THIS IS HAPPENING UNDER TRUMP"S WATCH.  The violence under Trump's watch is not new, mass murders increased exponentially during Trump's term. Hate crimes increased, those connected with both racism, political hatred, and bigotry against the gay community.

Trump has emboldened white supremacist groups across America and militia groups, resulting in violence and deaths.

This is Trump's America.  He owns this, don't let him erroneously blame all of this on anyone else.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Great discussion.    The far-right here are so caught up on their condemnation that I do wonder if they even remember what caused most of these protests:  Institutional Racism (of all kinds).     

Do they truly believe that institutional racism does not exist in the US, or do they just see all minorities as a threat to them personally?   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

WE must get tRump out of office in November

Get registered and vote !!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

As far as law and order not applying to Trump, even though he preaches it:

"Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: 

There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect..."

Frank Wilhoit.

Gold Conversationalist

I agree wholeheartedly the protests have absolutely Nothing to do with Biden and all to do with the systemic racism that is the core the heart and soul of this country. I'm Native American and being a Native American I've been called every insult by people who assume that the color of their skin gives them the absolute power and authority to treat me like I'm a dog. The time has come that We the Minorities of this forsaken country are going to rise again. I don't condone the property damage but when will people realize that this country wasn't founded by white people. My ancestors were here first. Being white and privileged doesn't afford anyone to discriminate on the basis of skin color. That Biden or the democrats are causing this that's absurd. Enough is enough !!!! How would you react if being white was a minority, being constantly trampled under foot, harassed, shot and killed by the police? 

Honored Social Butterfly

Decades of ceaseless Republican attacks on education and educators have left us with a population that can read and write - barely - but has no comprehension of how to recognize logical arguments.

Either a thing is or it isn't - it's A or not-A, to be FOR or AGAINST.

The Protests are AGAINST police brutality and institutional racism.

THEREFORE

To be against the Protests is to be FOR police brutality and institutional racism.

The anti-protesters might want to pretend for the cameras that they are there to protect lives and property, and their REAL opposition is to

looters, but that is not the question because the protestors and looters are NOT THE SAME PEOPLE. To conflate them is the essence of racism - to assign characteristics to a group that does not apply to the group.

Now the fact is a lot of the anti-protesters think police should not be brutal nor should there be institutional racism. Instead they simply oppose the protestors because they worship the Toad, and the Toad told them protesters are BAD.

This is the real reason Republicans have waged war on

education and educators.

Honored Social Butterfly

So many white people are scared out of their minds about their impending loss of power and status. It's hard to govern scared people.   Look how they've turned the conversation from institutional racism to "law and order."  If we all truly cared about law and order for all, none of this would be happening in the first place. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

So many white people are scared out of their minds about their impending loss of power and status. It's hard to govern scared people.   Look how they've turned the conversation from institutional racism to "law and order."  If we all truly cared about law and order for all, none of this would be happening in the first place. 

The got the "law and order" mantra from the Red Toad in the White House.  He isn't worried about "law and order" within his own administration, he just pardons those who are convicted of crimes for him. 

Trump screams "law and order" and has rubber bullets and tear gas to be used on peaceful protesters so he can shoot a fake photo op in front of a church, using a bible as a prop.

Trump screams "law and order" as he steals from his charity funds, his campaign funds and spend millions of taxpayer dollars hiding at his golf courses every weekend.

tRump screams "law and order" as he tries to cover up Russian interference helping him in this year's election.

"Law and Order" has become a dog whistle for his core racist base, a signal that he will use violent force to stop black protesters and anyone protesting with them.

Honored Social Butterfly

The blacks are protesting for me too...I'm white and female.    .   I don't want police who are trigger-happy, bullies and killers  serving the public in my community and more needs to be done to get rid of them.   .

99.9% of the police serve the public well and put their lives on the line many times.   .   

Honored Social Butterfly

JANMB posted...

99.9% of the police serve the public well and put their lives on the line many times. .

==================================================

I agree. But you would never know that if you listened to the BLM protesters and the likes of Biden and Pelosi.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png