From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Progressives, Do You Know Your History?

Message 1 of 21

We do not and cannot support trump. What we must do is to pay close attention to what he is up to. We cannot let up for a moment or let him divert our attention. He creates chaos and confusion to provide a smokescreen for his criminal actions... but he is predictable, watch close and speak up...

we cannot let him get away with his illegal actions. 

Just ask ourselves, do we want a dictator to run our lives?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

Trump has announced he plans to cut payroll taxes and the capital gains taxes all on his own authority.  Deficit Donald strikes again. 

How can you support this moron (as Rex Tillerson called him)?

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21
It will not be acknowledged as such as long as he is president. Afterwards perhaps it will be called The Great American Financial Tragedy.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21

@Richva wrote:

Another bit of history we Progressives know is that the Great Depression (as opposed to the Bush Recession), was made deeper and longer through the use of tariffs by America. I wonder if what Trump is arranging will be called the Trump Recession or the Trump Depression.

Having observed Wall Street's reaction to the Twit's Tweets, I say we go back to the much more descriptive term and call the tRump disaster the Great Panic of 2019.

Folks should also know the Great Depression was caused by cutting the top Marginal Rate from 68% to 25% and deregulation of banks and stock trading. Not a single factory was blown up, not a single mine flooded and not a single train derailed - it was 100% FINANCIAL, and the finances were controlled by REPUBLICANS. Those able to connect dots will notice this is EXACTLY how Republicans caused the jrbush Great Recession.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21

Another bit of history we Progressives know is that the Great Depression (as opposed to the Bush Recession), was made deeper and longer through the use of tariffs by America. I wonder if what Trump is arranging will be called the Trump Recession or the Trump Depression.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Progressives are the ones who brought most everything that has affected the masses in a positive way. Progressives brought the progressive tax structure that built the middle class after WW II. Progressives brought Social Security. Progressives are the ones that wanted Medicare for every citizen in the united States but settled for Medicare for those 65 and older. Progressives are the ones that brought labor laws allowing employees to do collective bargaining with employers, helping to build the middle class and bring about safety in our workplaces, fair wages, overtime pay, 40 hour work weeks, etc, etc. Progressives brought about the right for Blacks, women, and non-land owners the right to vote. Progressives ended slavery. Progressives brought the Civil Rights Act. The list goes on and on. this list is long and goes on and on.

Yep ............ I am right proud to be a Patriotic Progressive.

I'm with you! We "must be the change" WE "want to see"!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

Progressives are the ones who brought most everything that has affected the masses in a positive way. Progressives brought the progressive tax structure that built the middle class after WW II. Progressives brought Social Security. Progressives are the ones that wanted Medicare for every citizen in the united States but settled for Medicare for those 65 and older. Progressives are the ones that brought labor laws allowing employees to do collective bargaining with employers, helping to build the middle class and bring about safety in our workplaces, fair wages, overtime pay, 40 hour work weeks, etc, etc. Progressives brought about the right for Blacks, women, and non-land owners the right to vote. Progressives ended slavery. Progressives brought the Civil Rights Act. The list goes on and on. this list is long and goes on and on.

Yep ............ I am right proud to be a Patriotic Progressive.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21

Progressives, Do You Know Your History?

The rejection of Social Darwinism.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

And speaking of history . . . guess R's have forgotten all bout TR the progressive president. He wanted corporations to do well, but not at the expense of everything else. He moved to check them instead. And maybe they should recall the Square Deal: Control of Corporations, Consumer Protections, and Conservation of Natural Resources. I think R's resent TR to this day! D's must love him because they certainly champion those policies.

I think some R's need to spend a bit more time reading their American History to learn about America. Then read about Stalin of you're interested in Russia. You might be able to draw comparisons with Stalin and Putin and see how similar they actually are. Putin may not say much, but I suspect Stalin is one of his heroes. (There are protests in the streets of Russia because they fear that very thing.)

Given the current state of the R-party (now Trumpublicans), it's a small wonder that TR hasn't come completely out of his grave!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21

Just some quick info for all. Stalin was a Dictator. He took the SU from a Communist style Govt. to a Dictatorship. You can create a Dictatorship from either right or left. Trump is creating one for the USA from the right. In all reality both Trump and Stalin are the same. They want dictatorships. Stalin got his, but we still have a chance to stop the Trump full dictatorship in 2020. Do not vote for anyone with a R behind their name.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors