Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Profitable US Companies - No Taxes Paid?

Message 71 of 110

@KidBoy2 wrote:

When we had a business people would ask about our profit. I would say its not profit it making a living .. hope to make what a worker in the mill makes, hope to make what a school teacher makes..etc....people could understand that.

So paying board members $$Millions$$ and CEOs multiple $$Millions$$ and 400 times more that a worker makes is just "making a living" ??????  Uh ............. the correct answer is NO !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 110

Here's a thought!   maybe the corporation should pay their fair share of taxes and tge  CEOs shouldn't get those huge bonuses and huge salaries. that way the community won't suffer and neither will oeople in the communities.  Your scenario only benefits the rich.   But really that's the Republican way.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 110

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

If teachers, waiters, factory workers, etc., all pay taxes to support school systems and local municipalities, why is ok that businesses--large or small don't?   When businesses don't pay their fair share of taxes, the costs of running the above, fall to the little guys--you and me.  Just a way for the rich to get richer on the backs of the little people.

Because, when a teacher pays taxes - the teacher pays taxes. When a company pays taxes - the consumer actually pays those taxes.

So, again, what would you rather have:

Corporations paying their fair share, charging more and allowing consumers too choose whether or not they care to purchase their goods and services.

or

Forcing the "Consumers" (citizens) to pay more in taxes to make up for what the Corporations are not paying and having no choice but to pay it?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 110

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Back to paying no taxes...there is reason for that ..its our tax laws..most of they are laws for a good reason.

Exactly. So criticizing a businessman for being in keeping with tax law is a bit shallow.

I wrote a response that actual quote, I was not the one who wrote it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 110
If teachers, waiters, factory workers, etc., all pay taxes to support school systems and local municipalities, why is ok that businesses--large or small don't?

====================================================

Businesses might not pay Federal income taxes because they are not making a profit or other reasons but they do pay real estate taxes that support or schools, roads and our police.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 110

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

If teachers, waiters, factory workers, etc., all pay taxes to support school systems and local municipalities, why is ok that businesses--large or small don't?   When businesses don't pay their fair share of taxes, the costs of running the above, fall to the little guys--you and me.  Just a way for the rich to get richer on the backs of the little people.

Because, when a teacher pays taxes - the teacher pays taxes. When a company pays taxes - the consumer actually pays those taxes.

The constant fallacy of the corporations and their excuse that when they present consumers with lower priced products they are better off. 
Even Trump has stated and  spoken about the unfairness of companies bringing products into the US and paying no taxes. He would like to impose tarifs to those corporations, Is he wrong now?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 110

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

An example of the latter - the Acme Widget Company can manufacture and sell their widgets at $7.00 each. But some people can't afford the $7.00 so the government decides they should be $5.00. Soon the company goes out of business and nobody has any widgets. Look to the USSR economy for that model.

I think I must be getting old and not reading correctly many of the posts that I see. I believe that I read somewhere in this message board that we should look at Russia for a market that we should all be tapping into. Was I correct?

Businesses should be looking all around the world for markets.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 110

@pc6063 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 110

@sp362 wrote:

Back to paying no taxes...there is reason for that ..its our tax laws..most of they are laws for a good reason.

Exactly. So criticizing a businessman for being in keeping with tax law is a bit shallow.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 110

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

An example of the latter - the Acme Widget Company can manufacture and sell their widgets at $7.00 each. But some people can't afford the $7.00 so the government decides they should be $5.00. Soon the company goes out of business and nobody has any widgets. Look to the USSR economy for that model.

I think I must be getting old and not reading correctly many of the posts that I see. I believe that I read somewhere in this message board that we should look at Russia for a market that we should all be tapping into. Was I correct?

No  that was an example of the bad model. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views