Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Problem in our country with our children

Message 21 of 47

@PaintItBlack wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Some days, I like the president's solution. Forcibly remove all the children from their families and place them in concentration camps. in the desert. 

If YOU commit a crime (as a citizen) that puts YOU in jail, that's exactly what happens to your under 18 y.o. kids! Of course the left feels illegal aliens are better than citizens.

Oh lookie, it's yet another RWNJ who's learned from Stormfront what the left thinks, instead of talking to actual lefties! 

I don't know what Stormfront is but I see crazy lefty's on this site daily!

I know, I know, strawmen are so much easier to argue against. Wouldn't want you to have to actually talk to a real leftie (gasp!) and put a couple of independent thoughts together now, would we? 

I doubt we would have much in common to talk about.

PS. Does your argument mean that if you commit a misdemeanor like jaywalking,

I think it was crystal clear what I meant. I said if you commit a crime as a citizen that puts you in jail, you get your kids separated from you. Do you need a picture drawn?

we can have you summarily thrown in jail without trial and take your children away from you forever? 

Now you are just blowing smoke. Kids don't get taken away forever for citizens or illegal aliens.

Yeah, I thought not. 

I can tell that you are just another liberal with a closed mind not able to listen to reason!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 47

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Some days, I like the president's solution. Forcibly remove all the children from their families and place them in concentration camps. in the desert. 

If YOU commit a crime (as a citizen) that puts YOU in jail, that's exactly what happens to your under 18 y.o. kids! Of course the left feels illegal aliens are better than citizens.

Oh lookie, it's yet another RWNJ who's learned from Stormfront what the left thinks, instead of talking to actual lefties! 

I know, I know, strawmen are so much easier to argue against. Wouldn't want you to have to actually talk to a real leftie (gasp!) and put a couple of independent thoughts together now, would we? 

PS. Does your argument mean that if you commit a misdemeanor like jaywalking, we can have you summarily thrown in jail without trial and take your children away from you forever? 

Yeah, I thought not. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 47

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 47

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@PaintItBlack wrote:

Republican solution to problem solving: Announce what people should do, cut all funding to give the 1% a tax cut, and launch a shaming campaign for everyone else.

Thank you for your opinion. Now, whose responsibility is it to raise our children?  The government or the parents?  Democrats think it is the government.  It has nothing to do with the schools or Reagan eliminating cost sharing.  It has to do with parents not abdicating their responsibilities at home.

Of course they should raise their own children. Woman Frustrated

Thank you for proving my point: Republicans rely on what people should do, instead of what human beings actually do. Then they preach at everyone about how virtuous they are, send out an ugly tweet about homos and toddle off to their mistress or the public restroom where gays pick up frightened white Republications looking for a little action.

And of course, they NEVER ask an actual Democrat how to solve a problem. They rely instead on what Rush SAYS Democrats think because it's so much easier to shoot down a strawman than an actual opinion. Democrats categorically do NOT want the government to raise children. We just want to provide a safety net and help all families with what they need to get out of poverty. 

See how easy it is to ask an actual Democrat instead of Hannity?

So here it is:

Parents should raise their own children. But they often don't or, more commonly in post-Reagan America, can't.

So in the real world, where Democrats live, solutions involve better schooling (and NOT handing over tax money to churches to do it), a solid social safety net so kids can eat, and more supportive work programs like the one Reagan eliminated because Welfare Queens. That way parents can get better jobs and not have to work three jobs to support their families.

Above all, it involves FREE BIRTH CONTROL for all because even though people should avoid sex if they can't afford kids, they won't, and handing out birth control is exponentially cheaper than all of the above.

But only in the real world, not in the imaginary should world of the right wing.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 47

@PaintItBlack wrote:

Republican solution to problem solving: Announce what people should do, cut all funding to give the 1% a tax cut, and launch a shaming campaign for everyone else.

Thank you for your opinion. Now, whose responsibility is it to raise our children?  The government or the parents?  Democrats think it is the government.  It has nothing to do with the schools or Reagan eliminating cost sharing.  It has to do with parents not abdicating their responsibilities at home.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 47

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Low wages and both parents having to work full time is a problem for our children. An even bigger problem is how poorer school districts have less funds for their schools, thanks to Reagan eliminating Revenue Sharing.

One way of looking at your first situation is that those who cannot afford children should not have children.

School funding - the national average spending per student is $9,562. The DC spending is $26,661. DC does not rank high in performance showing the the leftist standard view of "spend more of the other guy's money" does not answer all problems.

Democratic solution to problem solving.....throw money at it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 47

@BigLib wrote:

Oh goody. More family values lecturing from the same party that endorsed a pedophile for the sentate.

"Sentate"???????? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 47

Address poverty and the kids will be better off in all ways. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 47

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 47

BigLib posted..

And then there's the whole endorsing a pedophile thing.

=======================

Again a post that does not address the subject of this thread.

Are you interested in the subject and a solution? Seems not.

Again....I posted..No lecturing just posting what is going on.
President Obama...was he lecturing family values?...if he was I say good for him!

Kudos
Views