Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pretending You Care About the Poor

Message 31 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So what do you think about Ayn Rand ?

I think she's dead.

Is your post the sort of think that you refer to as "trolling"?......and then seek someone's attention by throwing TOS in? ......for some unknown reason?

Meanwhile - so, what do you think about my post?

I think that Ayn Rand is alive a well in the hearts of some on the extreme right.

I have no idea why you bring up the TOS and "trolling", it seems to be on your mind a lot.

As far as your post .................... you sure don't seem to be concerned about "distributing other people's property (or income and wealth)"  as long as it is distributed from the 99% to the 1%.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 41

Greed is good , so long as you're part of the rich getting richer , on the backs of our struggling Senior's and Disabled. Ain't that " RIGHT " !!!

Oh the Humanity !!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

Paul Ryan is an Ayn Rand acolyte who believes in individualism over collectivism: in other words the idea of giving help to those who need it for the betterment of society is anathema to him. If anyone can't make it without help, then maybe it's best to cut them loose. Of course he can't come out and say that without sounding like a sociopath, so we get the jive talk about lifting the poor by making them "free" of government interference (aka aid). This is like removing people's life jackets and telling them how free they will be to swim without the humiliation of being saved. He's a total fraud without a shred of empathy.

You are skipping over a key point - "giving help" as an individual responsibility as opposed to the "Take then other guy's money and use it to help".

Giving help is not anathema to we on the right. Distributing other people's property and claiming "we care" is.

I think she's dead.

Is your post the sort of think that you refer to as "trolling"?......and then seek someone's attention by throwing TOS in? ......for some unknown reason?

EEEWWW!!!

I bet lying "liddle" donny and pedo Roy would approve of it...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 41

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

Paul Ryan is an Ayn Rand acolyte who believes in individualism over collectivism: in other words the idea of giving help to those who need it for the betterment of society is anathema to him. If anyone can't make it without help, then maybe it's best to cut them loose. Of course he can't come out and say that without sounding like a sociopath, so we get the jive talk about lifting the poor by making them "free" of government interference (aka aid). This is like removing people's life jackets and telling them how free they will be to swim without the humiliation of being saved. He's a total fraud without a shred of empathy.

You are skipping over a key point - "giving help" as an individual responsibility as opposed to the "Take then other guy's money and use it to help".

Giving help is not anathema to we on the right. Distributing other people's property and claiming "we care" is.

I think she's dead.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

So - since it has now conclusively been determined that Paul Ryan is a greedy selfish self centered hypocritical apostate poseur who is merely pretending to be a christian, and pretending to care about the majority of American Citizens...

Is it true that those who support Ryan are just like him - not christian - christians in name only - just pretending...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 41

@Panjandrum wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 41

@Panjandrum wrote:

The nation would be a far better place were he to emulate every aspect of famous republicans like Lincoln, Roosevelt, Nixon, Ford and Reagan...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 41

@gruffstuff wrote:

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2017/11/25/paul-ryan-guide-pretending-you-care-about-poor

The Paul Ryan Guide to Pretending You Care About the Poor

A handy guide just in time for the tax debate

Once, at a town hall in Wisconsin, someone asked known anti-poverty crusader Paul Ryan (R-WI) the following question:

“I know that you’re Catholic, as am I, and it seems to me that most of the Republicans in the Congress are not willing to stand with the poor and working class as evidenced in the recent debates about health care and the anticipated tax reform. So I’d like to ask you how you see yourself upholding the church’s social teaching that has the idea that God is always on the side of the poor and dispossessed, as should we be.”

It’s a tricky one, but if you want to simultaneously cut taxes for rich people and benefits for poor people, you need to be ready for it. So, just in time for the tax debate, I’ve written a handy step-by-step guide on how to convince your constituents that a help-the-rich, whack-the-poor agenda is really what’s best for everybody:

I'm not Catholic, though I do admire Pope Francis, that Pope is dope. I'm not particularly religious. I believe the universe is 14 billion years old, the earth is 4 billion years old, life on earth was seeded from space in the form of RNA and DNA rained down into the oceans, and that life evolved from lower forms to higher forms. I believe in God, like a lot of people do because I feel like something is there, I also believe that feeling is part of being human, ingrained into human genes by evolution, and those feelings are the basis for religion, laws, and morals.

I think believing in God is natural, it's part of being human, which is why people throughout the ages have believed  in God in one form or another, people believe in a lot of things, gods, devils, angles, demons, aliens, monsters, bigfoot, the list is endless, but it is those beliefs that appeal to our ingrained predisposition to helping people that need help that are most widely accepted.

Those feelings help the human race to survive, it is what normal human beings have evolved to be, it is why helping the poor, the old, the infirm, the people that need help,  predates the written word.

Yes "God is always on the side of the poor and dispossessed, as should we be.” "The " as should be " part is important. That is the gauge to measure humanity or inhumanity.

The song and dance to convince people the wealthy need and bigger pile of money and the poor need a smaller loaf of bread ( for their own good ) goes against what it what means to be human.

If we can get back to Ryan, his religion, and the poor, there are two areas worth exploring:

1) In the case of abortion, religion is not supposed to be a factor but now, for some unknown reason it seems we should burn incense and chant Latin in the Congress.

2) I know of no religion that says, "Take that other guy's money and redistribute it". To the best of my knowledge, religions all teach personal responsibility.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 41

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors