Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pretending You Care About the Poor

Message 11 of 41

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Wonder what kind of vengeance the lord will take on those who turn their backs on the less fortunate?? For, after all, two of our posters now tag out with the initials meaning “Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord.”  

How very interesting that those who seem to be against every move our Democratic government reps.  make to help the poor.

Yeah, gotta wonder about the vengeance that will be meted our to those guilty of greed.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

It is my understanding that all religions teach individual responsibility for helping the less fortunate. Can you show some biblical or otherwise reference to a communal effort?

A very pc approach, but it appears that your stalker liked it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 41

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sadly, it is not a "dead cat". People will continue to intentionally mix up the requirement to help our fellow man and the demand  that government redistribute property.

Like I said, it seems to be OK with you if income and wealth is redistributed from the poor and the 99% to the 1%, you support Republican tax policies that do just that.

Like I said: the poor don't have income or wealth, so redistributing either to the 1% is a ridiculous statement. Republican (I mean Conservative) tax policies are lower taxes for everyone. Those that pay zero now aren't going to get a tax break - do you know why? When you lower taxes for everyone (paying taxes) that ONLY helps those people paying taxes (something the left doesn't comprehend).

Should people reading your post conclude by the content of your post - that you could and would turn your back upon a person certain to die without aid - because - either - you either don't care about the life of a fellow human being - or - you wouldn't allow them to be helped by YOUR government that - according to one pertinent phrase in the preamble of the constitution which was - "ordained and instituted" - among other things - "to promote the general welfare".....

So is that lack of patriotism?  Lack of Christian Decency?  Lack of Common Human Decency?    

Just asking...

I've often heard excuses/rationalizations very much like the content of your post from "1/28th Christians" who only practice for a couple of hours on Sunday mornings at the very most....

trump the scum (who is morally and ethically bankrupt) has been known to say things like that too...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 41

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sadly, it is not a "dead cat". People will continue to intentionally mix up the requirement to help our fellow man and the demand  that government redistribute property.

Like I said, it seems to be OK with you if income and wealth is redistributed from the poor and the 99% to the 1%, you support Republican tax policies that do just that.

Like I said: the poor don't have income or wealth, so redistributing either to the 1% is a ridiculous statement. Republican (I mean Conservative) tax policies are lower taxes for everyone. Those that pay zero now aren't going to get a tax break - do you know why? When you lower taxes for everyone (paying taxes) that ONLY helps those people paying taxes (something the left doesn't comprehend).

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 41

Wonder what kind of vengeance the lord will take on those who turn their backs on the less fortunate?? For, after all, two of our posters now tag out with the initials meaning “Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord.”  

How very interesting that those who seem to be against every move our Democratic government reps.  make to help the poor.

Yeah, gotta wonder about the vengeance that will be meted our to those guilty of greed.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 41

rk9152 - where's the expected series of posted questions that inevitably result in sane, rational, logical, non-right-wing and non-crackpot persons rolling their eyes toward the sky at the transparent inherent bias in those questions?

We miss the political slapstick comic relief....

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

Religious requirements to help others is individual not collective.

So - since a requirement to help others is not in the Constitution or Federal Statute - not a national (collective) mandate - the ludicrous canard that the United States of America was founded as a "christian nation" is unquestionably a complete and utter falsehood.

Were the USA founded as a christian nation - a mandate to help others would without the slightest doubt be Constitutional Law - and the First Amendment would not mandate freedom to worship as the individual best sees fit - or not worship at all - but would Constitutionally mandate christianity to be the national religion.  

But that has never been the case, has it?

Given that many say that common decent humanity of Patriotic American Citizens requires that "We The People" promote  "the General Welfare" (it's in the Preamble to the Constitution - so it IS part of the constitution after all) - looks like it has always been part of the national (collective) mandate after all - the allegations of greedy, selfish, not fully patriotic republican scum notwithstanding...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 41

So - crickets from the rightwingers...

Will rk9152 answer the question posed in the prior post?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

ChasKy53:  Dodge things if you want. People who support Republican tax policies that redistribute wealth and income from the 99% to the 1% only 'pretend' to want to help the poor, regardless of their supposed religion.

I think it's just a way of getting attention. When confronted with facts he just makes up ridiculous stuff to wriggle out of a real answer or whines about what we say. He's not worth trying to have a serious discussion.

Do you consider religious requirements to help others being individual, not collective to be ridiculous stuff?

Does that mean you are speaking in favor of repudiation of one of the core tenets of Christianity - and are in favor of repudiating the words of Jesus when he said, "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." - are you in favor of repudiating those words?

I thought you had posted some time ago that you were a Christian.

Are you or are you not a Christian?

Me?  I'm not a believer in any one religion to the exclusion of all others - there has never been any question - all religions come from the same single being...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 41

@Panjandrum wrote:

ChasKy53:  Dodge things if you want. People who support Republican tax policies that redistribute wealth and income from the 99% to the 1% only 'pretend' to want to help the poor, regardless of their supposed religion.

I think it's just a way of getting attention. When confronted with facts he just makes up ridiculous stuff to wriggle out of a real answer or whines about what we say. He's not worth trying to have a serious discussion.

Do you consider religious requirements to help others being individual, not collective to be ridiculous stuff?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 41

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I can't tell if you are intentionally changing the topic or simply cannot understand the difference between "help those in need" and "take someone else's money to help those in need". Since this topic started with religious references, I believe I am correct in saying that religious demands are personal, not collective.

Dodge things if you want. People who support Republican tax policies that redistribute wealth and income from the 99% to the 1% only 'pretend' to want to help the poor, regardless of their supposed religion.

No matter how many times you type that nonsense, the truth will not change. Religious requirements to help others is individual not collective.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors