Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pretending You Care About the Poor

Message 1 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Wonder what kind of vengeance the lord will take on those who turn their backs on the less fortunate?? For, after all, two of our posters now tag out with the initials meaning “Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord.”  

How very interesting that those who seem to be against every move our Democratic government reps.  make to help the poor.

Yeah, gotta wonder about the vengeance that will be meted our to those guilty of greed.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

It is my understanding that all religions teach individual responsibility for helping the less fortunate. Can you show some biblical or otherwise reference to a communal effort?

A very pc approach, but it appears that your stalker liked it.

Plucking something from the old testament? Asking proof from others? So you never read the New Testament yourself which also teaches "communal" responsibility?  A very dishonest approach, no matter who likes it.

O.K. let's drop all that separation of church and State jazz and be ruled by the bible. Where do you find wealth redistribution via the power of government in there?

the bible says that people must follow the orders of the government that god put in place - it's there becuase god let it be there - so whatever the government says goes - including welfare, abortion, same sex marriage, transender troops - that is if you are going to fly that way...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 41

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Wonder what kind of vengeance the lord will take on those who turn their backs on the less fortunate?? For, after all, two of our posters now tag out with the initials meaning “Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord.”  

How very interesting that those who seem to be against every move our Democratic government reps.  make to help the poor.

Yeah, gotta wonder about the vengeance that will be meted our to those guilty of greed.

It is my understanding that all religions teach individual responsibility for helping the less fortunate. Can you show some biblical or otherwise reference to a communal effort?

Plucking something from the old testament? Asking proof from others? So you never read the New Testament yourself which also teaches "communal" responsibility?  A very dishonest approach, no matter who likes it.

O.K. let's drop all that separation of church and State jazz and be ruled by the bible. Where do you find wealth redistribution via the power of government in there?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 41

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Well, since you profess to be a Christian as you use an Old Testament phrase for your tag—how about when Christ said “You are your brother’s keeper.” He wasn’t addressing a singular entity but the community of man. 

Seems Christ took care of the poor—the many loaves, feeding the little children ( community—his apostles helped him). Is this not an example to us all with regard to our role when interacting with those who have less? 

That is where religion speaks of community effort—It can be denied and one can make excuses for greed—-which one do you think will be more rewarded when God takes his “vengeance”?  Cause I know!!

"You are your brother's keeper" is singular - not communal. 

Not pc - but true.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 41

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sadly, it is not a "dead cat". People will continue to intentionally mix up the requirement to help our fellow man and the demand  that government redistribute property.

Like I said, it seems to be OK with you if income and wealth is redistributed from the poor and the 99% to the 1%, you support Republican tax policies that do just that.

Like I said: the poor don't have income or wealth, so redistributing either to the 1% is a ridiculous statement. Republican (I mean Conservative) tax policies are lower taxes for everyone. Those that pay zero now aren't going to get a tax break - do you know why? When you lower taxes for everyone (paying taxes) that ONLY helps those people paying taxes (something the left doesn't comprehend).

Should people reading your post conclude by the content of your post - that you could and would turn your back upon a person certain to die without aid - because - either - you either don't care about the life of a fellow human being - or - you wouldn't allow them to be helped by YOUR government that - according to one pertinent phrase in the preamble of the constitution which was - "ordained and instituted" - among other things - "to promote the general welfare".....

So is that lack of patriotism?  Lack of Christian Decency?  Lack of Common Human Decency?    

Just asking...

I've often heard excuses/rationalizations very much like the content of your post from "1/28th Christians" who only practice for a couple of hours on Sunday mornings at the very most....

trump the scum (who is morally and ethically bankrupt) has been known to say things like that too...

You shouldn't conclude anything from my post. I'd be one of the first to help someone in dire straights yet I don't support the theory that the 99% are supporting the 1% OR the 99% are getting their wealth redistributed to the 1%.

BTW, my post also has nothing to do with religion or beliefs.

I didn't conclude - I asked if other people would conclude - you need to talk to them.

I've never belived that the content of your posts is an accurate representation of the real world.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 41

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sadly, it is not a "dead cat". People will continue to intentionally mix up the requirement to help our fellow man and the demand  that government redistribute property.

Like I said, it seems to be OK with you if income and wealth is redistributed from the poor and the 99% to the 1%, you support Republican tax policies that do just that.

Like I said: the poor don't have income or wealth, so redistributing either to the 1% is a ridiculous statement. Republican (I mean Conservative) tax policies are lower taxes for everyone. Those that pay zero now aren't going to get a tax break - do you know why? When you lower taxes for everyone (paying taxes) that ONLY helps those people paying taxes (something the left doesn't comprehend).

Do you actually believe what you posted?  LOL !!!!!  The "poor have no income"?  What an erroneous statement that is.

No, Republican tax policies do not "lower taxes for everyone", that is simply a lie that you choose to mistakenly believe. The CBO report debunks most all of your statements about the Republican tax plan, let alone many other independent analysis.  The only ones saying that this plan is good for everyone are the lying Republicans, Trump, and false reports and commercials put out by Extreme Right Wing sources and Right Wing lobby groups, something that donaldvoters don't comprehend.

I've told you this for the umpteenth time yet it hasn't sunk in. Some Americans (very few) will see no tax cut or a minor increase because they were one of the few who had an extensive number of write offs (ie. big medical bills). The vast majority of Americans will see their taxes cut.

The poor have virtually no income compared to the middle class and upper class. They also contribute nothing to the income tax fund, thus getting nothing back when taxes are cut. They certainly don't have their wealth redistributed (what wealth?) to the top 1% as YOU CLAIMED.  The left must cut down on the baloney they are spreading.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 41

@alferdpacker wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Should people reading your post conclude by the content of your post - that you could and would turn your back upon a person certain to die without aid - because - either - you either don't care about the life of a fellow human being - or - you wouldn't allow them to be helped by YOUR government that - according to one pertinent phrase in the preamble of the constitution which was - "ordained and instituted" - among other things - "to promote the general welfare".....

So is that lack of patriotism?  Lack of Christian Decency?  Lack of Common Human Decency?    

Just asking...

I've often heard excuses/rationalizations very much like the content of your post from "1/28th Christians" who only practice for a couple of hours on Sunday mornings at the very most....

trump the scum (who is morally and ethically bankrupt) has been known to say things like that too...

You shouldn't conclude anything from my post. I'd be one of the first to help someone in dire straights yet I don't support the theory that the 99% are supporting the 1% OR the 99% are getting their wealth redistributed to the 1%.

BTW, my post also has nothing to do with religion or beliefs.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 41

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Do you actually believe what you posted?  LOL !!!!!  The "poor have no income"?  What an erroneous statement that is.

No, Republican tax policies do not "lower taxes for everyone", that is simply a lie that you choose to mistakenly believe. The CBO report debunks most all of your statements about the Republican tax plan, let alone many other independent analysis.  The only ones saying that this plan is good for everyone are the lying Republicans, Trump, and false reports and commercials put out by Extreme Right Wing sources and Right Wing lobby groups, something that donaldvoters don't comprehend.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Ahhh the shameless hypocrisy and blatant dishonesty involved in deliberately ignoring the fact that the Constitution was "ordained and established" to "promote the general welfare"... 

Added to by trying - quite unsuccessfully - to ignore that the mandate to the whole of faithful Christian believers - which came directly from Jesus - requires all believers to help those in need - along with a completely unmistakable statement regarding what will happen to those who do not help "the least of these" - even should they be "illegals" of a different racial and cultural origin...

How cool is that?

The deliberately dishonest canard claiming that responsibility is individual is of course a vile and despicable lie that's all too typical of so many untruthful and completely untrustworthy members of "liddle" donnie's in-the-closet klan....

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 41

Well, since you profess to be a Christian as you use an Old Testament phrase for your tag—how about when Christ said “You are your brother’s keeper.” He wasn’t addressing a singular entity but the community of man. 

Seems Christ took care of the poor—the many loaves, feeding the little children ( community—his apostles helped him). Is this not an example to us all with regard to our role when interacting with those who have less? 

That is where religion speaks of community effort—It can be denied and one can make excuses for greed—-which one do you think will be more rewarded when God takes his “vengeance”?  Cause I know!!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors