Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
177
Views

177 Views
Message 51 of 75

@john258 wrote:



I am glad you took care of your self after the storm, and you are receiving help from the government. That help is being supplied by people like me through our taxes so keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that the people of PR did not receive the same help as you did from the government.


.The income taxes from Puerto Rico goes to their government, not to Washington.  Yet they want to use tax money paid by those of the continental states to help them?  My neighbors and I helped ourselves while waiting for government assistance.  From appearances the people of Puerto Rico kept moaning and complaining that they were receiving no help from Washington.

 

I have lived here for over forty years; the property has been in the family for longer than that.  Old-timers here can't remember when this area flooded like last year.  It has been way over a century.  Besides you have no idea of what area of Texas I live in.  More of your speculation.

 

According to you anyone breaking the law including gamling or other illegal activities are ok as long as they pay taxes.  The law is the law.  So dreamers are allowed to become citizens, then other illegals pour in and the same argument will continue over and over and we'll become a clone of Mexico and Latin America...as if we aren't already.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
177
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
177
Views

177 Views
Message 52 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:



I have been reviewing a lot of posts over the last few months and I do not see Hillary in just about all of them. Hillary returned when you returned. Sorry that is fact. Be careful on floods. I do not think you want to bring that up as there are a number of sides to that story. Ask the people of PR about flood help.


I don't think I need anyone's advice about flood help because we took care of ourselves while also receiving help from the government through FEMA.  But we didn't just sit back waiting for assistance but took care of most on our own, including our own funds. And we got back to normal before others.

 

Further, apparently you are free with your advice but not with credentials to qualify what you post.  You haven't answered what makes you more of an authority on certain incidents in the past except to say you served your military and then went to work for a living. 

 

 


I am glad you took care of your self after the storm, and you are receiving help from the government. That help is being supplied by people like me through our taxes so keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that the people of PR did not receive the same help as you did from the government. Why? Were they the wrong type of people for Trump. You live in a flood plain as we have learned, yet your state govt would not follow Army Corp. recommendations for projects to stop flooding. You have no zoning in Texas which has allowed all types of things to be done that increased the damage a flood can do. There were a high number of people in Texas who did not have flood insurance as we are told the State did not push it. A few years ago when NJ had a bad storm your people in Congress held up aid to the people there in need, and NJ had followed Army Corp guidelines. The dreamers you are against helped you as they pay taxes and Texas is using that money as part of what the Feds gave. Please get back to normal.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
177
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
181
Views

181 Views
Message 53 of 75

@john258 wrote:



I have been reviewing a lot of posts over the last few months and I do not see Hillary in just about all of them. Hillary returned when you returned. Sorry that is fact. Be careful on floods. I do not think you want to bring that up as there are a number of sides to that story. Ask the people of PR about flood help.


I don't think I need anyone's advice about flood help because we took care of ourselves while also receiving help from the government through FEMA.  But we didn't just sit back waiting for assistance but took care of most on our own, including our own funds. And we got back to normal before others.

 

Further, apparently you are free with your advice but not with credentials to qualify what you post.  You haven't answered what makes you more of an authority on certain incidents in the past except to say you served your military and then went to work for a living. 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
181
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
180
Views

180 Views
Message 54 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:



The only ones who continually bring up Hillary are those who feel an undying need to excuse Trump. Whenever Trump does anything stupid or potentially illegal we can be assured that one of Trump’s protectors will respond with “But Hillary...”


On the other hand, even if I'm not exactly a Trump supporter, when an incident like what happened in Hawaii, why is Trump brought up?  Was Trump responsible for the floods from Hurricane Harvey that innuated homes, including mine?  Some would blame him.

 

I see a double standard among those on the left here.


I have been reviewing a lot of posts over the last few months and I do not see Hillary in just about all of them. Hillary returned when you returned. Sorry that is fact. Be careful on floods. I do not think you want to bring that up as there are a number of sides to that story. Ask the people of PR about flood help.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
180
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
189
Views

189 Views
Message 55 of 75

@Snoopy48 wrote:



I have heard no one blame Trump for the incident in Hawaii. He was rightly castigated though for his continuing to play golf rather than doing his job as President.

 

I have heard no one blame Trump for Hurricane Harvey. Him and his administration were rightly castigated for their incompetent response to Hurricane Maria, however.

 

 


I don't recall that it is the President's job to comment on situations happening in a state.  Were you affected by Maria?  And what does that have to do with anything?  My house was flooded by Harvey and I have had no complaints about the administration's reactions and efforts in the aftermath.  I received immediate assistance from the government.

 

Perhaps you prefer Obama's response to a local matter which resulted in the 'Beer Summit'.  Oh, I forgot one of his acquaintances was involved there. 

 

In my opinion there is mostly petty complaints here about most everything to do about the administration.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
189
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
193
Views

193 Views
Message 56 of 75

@ChasKy53 wrote:


If you are "not exactly a trump supporter"  then why do you continually defend him?

 

And I guess you see no "double standards" from the Right ?


Who are you defending here?   Still upset because I became more independent instead of following the liberal line here?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
193
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
196
Views

196 Views
Message 57 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:



The only ones who continually bring up Hillary are those who feel an undying need to excuse Trump. Whenever Trump does anything stupid or potentially illegal we can be assured that one of Trump’s protectors will respond with “But Hillary...”


On the other hand, even if I'm not exactly a Trump supporter, when an incident like what happened in Hawaii, why is Trump brought up?  Was Trump responsible for the floods from Hurricane Harvey that innuated homes, including mine?  Some would blame him.

 

I see a double standard among those on the left here.


I have heard no one blame Trump for the incident in Hawaii. He was rightly castigated though for his continuing to play golf rather than doing his job as President.

 

I have heard no one blame Trump for Hurricane Harvey. Him and his administration were rightly castigated for their incompetent response to Hurricane Maria, however.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
196
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
194
Views

194 Views
Message 58 of 75

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

" The jury is still out " and " you can't prove Hillary is totally innocent " really Tex ? Are you still having nightmares about her ?


He comes here to post about her.


And who do you come here to post about? 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
194
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
202
Views

202 Views
Message 59 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:



The only ones who continually bring up Hillary are those who feel an undying need to excuse Trump. Whenever Trump does anything stupid or potentially illegal we can be assured that one of Trump’s protectors will respond with “But Hillary...”


On the other hand, even if I'm not exactly a Trump supporter, when an incident like what happened in Hawaii, why is Trump brought up?  Was Trump responsible for the floods from Hurricane Harvey that innuated homes, including mine?  Some would blame him.

 

I see a double standard among those on the left here.


If you are "not exactly a trump supporter"  then why do you continually defend him?

 

And I guess you see no "double standards" from the Right ?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
202
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
202
Views

202 Views
Message 60 of 75

@mandm84 wrote:

" The jury is still out " and " you can't prove Hillary is totally innocent " really Tex ? Are you still having nightmares about her ?


He comes here to post about her.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
202
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors