Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 41 of 75

@john258 wrote:

The people of PR are American Citizens and as such should get the same things everyone else gets.

They have their income taxes going to a government that wastes them.  And they are subsidized by our taxes.

As far as anyone who violates our laws by being here illegally, I have no use for, whatever country they come from. 

You are allowing your partisanship opinions dictate your posts and posts about others.

Have a good evening.  This discussion is over.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 75

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Do ya' think that if you keep this personal with other posters and keep it off topic that it will get this thread closed?

Did you even read the long article that I posted as this topic?

Why is it that when others make posts you don't agree with that treads being closed is brought up?

Why should I read long articles?  Why not summurize?

The article makes the point of the topic, it basically is the topic,  and it shows how trump profits in his personal business through the office of the presidency. If you wished to  have an intelligent adult discussion it makes sense to read the article, you cannot debunk something you haven't even read.  But ................ you seem much more interested in making things personal with other posters and going off topic, especially by practicing your Hillary fetish. "Summarizing" is not going off topic or making things personal with other posters.

You have been on here a long time as I have. I think what we are seeing is a really sad thing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

I am glad you took care of your self after the storm, and you are receiving help from the government. That help is being supplied by people like me through our taxes so keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that the people of PR did not receive the same help as you did from the government.

.The income taxes from Puerto Rico goes to their government, not to Washington.  Yet they want to use tax money paid by those of the continental states to help them?  My neighbors and I helped ourselves while waiting for government assistance.  From appearances the people of Puerto Rico kept moaning and complaining that they were receiving no help from Washington.

I have lived here for over forty years; the property has been in the family for longer than that.  Old-timers here can't remember when this area flooded like last year.  It has been way over a century.  Besides you have no idea of what area of Texas I live in.  More of your speculation.

According to you anyone breaking the law including gamling or other illegal activities are ok as long as they pay taxes.  The law is the law.  So dreamers are allowed to become citizens, then other illegals pour in and the same argument will continue over and over and we'll become a clone of Mexico and Latin America...as if we aren't already.

The people of PR are American Citizens and as such should get the same things everyone else gets. If PR does not get aid then the people of Texas should not as a lot of the damage was the result of the State Govt. of Texas not doing its job, and now passing on to the rest of us the bill for their failure, and they were elected by the people of Texas. Your last para. shows how low you have gone. You are taking money from states that have gambling, and you act toward Dreamers as Hitler did toward some of his people. It is clear you hate people from South America. Would you support throwing out anyone not born here, or the children of anyone not born here. Real sad.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Do ya' think that if you keep this personal with other posters and keep it off topic that it will get this thread closed?

Why is it that when others make posts you don't agree with that treads being closed is brought up?

The article makes the point of the topic, it basically is the topic,  and it shows how trump profits in his personal business through the office of the presidency. If you wished to  have an intelligent adult discussion it makes sense to read the article, you cannot debunk something you haven't even read.  But ................ you seem much more interested in making things personal with other posters and going off topic, especially by practicing your Hillary fetish. "Summarizing" is not going off topic or making things personal with other posters.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 75

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 75

@ChasKy53 wrote:

"Independent" ??????    You mean like bashing on who you think are liberal instead of, like in the past, bashing on Right Wingers like KidBoy2 and a couple of others?

So you feel I'm picking on you?  Your post comes across as more of the dogmatic group-think..  I'm supposed to be politically correct and not pick on poor little old liberals?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 75

@ChasKy53 wrote:

For one thing, I posted this topic which you tried to denigrate with your Hillary fetish.

Apparently you have your Trump fetish, so we're even.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

I have been reviewing a lot of posts over the last few months and I do not see Hillary in just about all of them. Hillary returned when you returned. Sorry that is fact. Be careful on floods. I do not think you want to bring that up as there are a number of sides to that story. Ask the people of PR about flood help.

I don't think I need anyone's advice about flood help because we took care of ourselves while also receiving help from the government through FEMA.  But we didn't just sit back waiting for assistance but took care of most on our own, including our own funds. And we got back to normal before others.

Further, apparently you are free with your advice but not with credentials to qualify what you post.  You haven't answered what makes you more of an authority on certain incidents in the past except to say you served your military and then went to work for a living. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

If you are "not exactly a trump supporter"  then why do you continually defend him?

And I guess you see no "double standards" from the Right ?

Who are you defending here?   Still upset because I became more independent instead of following the liberal line here?

"Independent" ??????    You mean like bashing on who you think are liberal instead of, like in the past, bashing on Right Wingers like KidBoy2 and a couple of others?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

" The jury is still out " and " you can't prove Hillary is totally innocent " really Tex ? Are you still having nightmares about her ?

He comes here to post about her.

And who do you come here to post about? 

For one thing, I posted this topic which you tried to denigrate with your Hillary fetish.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors