Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 75

@Richva wrote:

Are you saying anyone who does not hop on a plant to San Juan and start digging them out is a hypocrite if they demand that Trump treat the island equally?

Not sure what sort of 'plant' would carry a person to San Juan, but it would be interesting to find out.  As far as Puerto Rico, there are localities here in Texas that is still waiting rebuilding...Rockport for instance.  Of course it's more politically correct to bring up Puerto Rico rather than home folks here.

BTW, what have you done, or doing to help those affected by either of last year's hurricanes?  Just siting there at a computer criticizing others? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Not  true per our President. He said the Feds were there right away.

The feds might have been here right away, but apparently you are not comprehending the extent of Harvey's damage and the tens of thousands affected.  It took them time to get around.  We didn't even see a representative until after six weeks and by then we were initiating our own recovery efforts.

The Red Cross promised $400 to those affected but denied it to those who suffered complete destruction.  We were even told that we were not in the flood zone, yet my neighbors and I had water in our house. 

As far you, I doubt you were even thousands of miles from any of these disasters.  As far as Puerto Rico, perhaps they should have done as we did and helped ourselves while waiting on Uncle Sugar.  As far as church groups helping out, yes.  We had people from a South Texas Mormon church who came in while we were cleaning up, bringing their own supplies and speeding up the process.  There were all sorts of people lending a hand.

If you are so concerned with Puerto Rico, then why aren't you down there helping out instead of wasting time on discussion group?  These are your own words:  "A better day could be had by visiting a place to get empthy back for others."  I detect hypocrisy in your post.

You prefer someone posting here feeling sorry for themselves? 

Are you saying anyone who does not hop on a plant to San Juan and start digging them out is a hypocrite if they demand that Trump treat the island equally?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 75

@john258 wrote:

Not  true per our President. He said the Feds were there right away.

The feds might have been here right away, but apparently you are not comprehending the extent of Harvey's damage and the tens of thousands affected.  It took them time to get around.  We didn't even see a representative until after six weeks and by then we were initiating our own recovery efforts.

The Red Cross promised $400 to those affected but denied it to those who suffered complete destruction.  We were even told that we were not in the flood zone, yet my neighbors and I had water in our house. 

As far you, I doubt you were even thousands of miles from any of these disasters.  As far as Puerto Rico, perhaps they should have done as we did and helped ourselves while waiting on Uncle Sugar.  As far as church groups helping out, yes.  We had people from a South Texas Mormon church who came in while we were cleaning up, bringing their own supplies and speeding up the process.  There were all sorts of people lending a hand.

If you are so concerned with Puerto Rico, then why aren't you down there helping out instead of wasting time on discussion group?  These are your own words:  "A better day could be had by visiting a place to get empthy back for others."  I detect hypocrisy in your post.

You prefer someone posting here feeling sorry for themselves? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Really sad to read what you have posted to him. To me the tone is very nasty. Try a little sympathy it might help you understand people like the dreamers better. You point out that you are just getting over a very tough time with the storm. We who were not effectived by the storm came to your aid with help from Fed. Govt., and private groups like the Red Cross, yet you tell us that the people of PR who were hit harder than Texas should not get any help. I would say there is a place available where you might visit that would bring back the compassion for others. We will all be for that. Think about it.

No one came to our aid until we had already mostly helped ourselves.  Don't mention the Red Cross to people here in the Houston area as they denied aid to people that actually needed it.  The people here mostly helped ourselves.  Myself, I didn't sit around complaining but used my own funds to rebuild before anyone else came through with only partial action...and I'm now living in my home which I made planned improvements to make it better.  Further, I've spent more of my funds than any we received from any other source which barely put sheetrock up.  Those who waited for help are still 'camping out'.  That apparently is Puerto Rico's problem.

And as I posted I am a cancer survivor, but I didn't sit and feel sorry for myself, as in the present situation.  On a political discussion site, self-pity has no room, just as in politics.  Also you need to quit telling people what to think or say.   I've done pretty well taking care of myself over the years, in fact advised you for some time as you have posted.

Have a good day...I will.

Not  true per our President. He said the Feds were there right away. Are you telling us he lied.  Glad you helped your selves since the state govt. you elected caused a lot of the problem by not doing what they should have. The Red Cross spent a lot of money there. I read it was the far right church groups who took advantage of people after the storm. Are you looking down on people who are poor and do not have the funds you do. It sounds that way. Why do you hate the PR people so. They could not even elect the idiot in DC (President) who causes your, and their misery. To talk about politics one should understand it first. That is lacking in Texas as we see a State in such a mess, and again asking the rest of us to ball them out. A better day could be had by visiting a place to get empthy back for others.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 75

@john258 wrote:

Really sad to read what you have posted to him. To me the tone is very nasty. Try a little sympathy it might help you understand people like the dreamers better. You point out that you are just getting over a very tough time with the storm. We who were not effectived by the storm came to your aid with help from Fed. Govt., and private groups like the Red Cross, yet you tell us that the people of PR who were hit harder than Texas should not get any help. I would say there is a place available where you might visit that would bring back the compassion for others. We will all be for that. Think about it.

No one came to our aid until we had already mostly helped ourselves.  Don't mention the Red Cross to people here in the Houston area as they denied aid to people that actually needed it.  The people here mostly helped ourselves.  Myself, I didn't sit around complaining but used my own funds to rebuild before anyone else came through with only partial action...and I'm now living in my home which I made planned improvements to make it better.  Further, I've spent more of my funds than any we received from any other source which barely put sheetrock up.  Those who waited for help are still 'camping out'.  That apparently is Puerto Rico's problem.

And as I posted I am a cancer survivor, but I didn't sit and feel sorry for myself, as in the present situation.  On a political discussion site, self-pity has no room, just as in politics.  Also you need to quit telling people what to think or say.   I've done pretty well taking care of myself over the years, in fact advised you for some time as you have posted.

Have a good day...I will.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 75

I have been sequestered or confined to my home 24-7 since October the 6 th.... It has a lot to do with how often I have been posting

Me too. Technology is great at this time of my life.  So thanks for staying in touch Chasky. Maui Surfing Lessonshttps://goofyfootsurfschool.com/

Rich - How much money HAS Trump and sons made off being the moron in chief?

I think Javonka has been counting on the best inheritance a kid could get. The White House, for me!!?? Oh daddy!

Reporters are doing a up to the minute (keeping pace) job unraveling a bona-fide Constitutional Crisis. This time, The Revolution WILL be Televised. Yahoo!

Except for those kicked to the curb, left behind and suffering. Many may slide easily into forms of PostTraumaticStress and will require medical attention. There will be so much to clean up!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 75

How much money HAS Trump and sons made off being the moron in chief?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why do you ignore over half of what I posted? I have been sequestered or confined to my home 24-7 since October the 6 th. I have not been able to leave the house except to go to doctor appointments only. Duh !!! It has a lot to do with how often I have been posting and it would take someone pretty dense to not understand that.

As to the topic:   You still haven't commented on anything pertaining to the article I posted as the topic. You can't debunk any of it can you?

Regrettable that you have been restricted, but that is no reason to look for sympathy for your political views.  Being slightly handicapped for years I have had my movements mostly restricted also, but I have found ways to use it advantageously.  And there are many who are confined mostly permanently and have made the best of it.  Fact is I have't had a home to go to until recently due to it being rendered inhabitable from Harvey's flooding.  Again, I have made the best of all situations while rebuilding. 

But when one starts criticizing another's posting habits, it opens the person up to criticism themself.  Most of my time has been taken up using the computer to stay in contact with family, researching family history, and educational pursuits...

And as far as not trying to 'debunk' your posts why should I?  You are doing a good job of that yourself. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 75

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why do you ignore over half of what I posted? I have been sequestered or confined to my home 24-7 since October the 6 th. I have not been able to leave the house except to go to doctor appointments only. Duh !!! It has a lot to do with how often I have been posting and it would take someone pretty dense to not understand that.

As to the topic:   You still haven't commented on anything pertaining to the article I posted as the topic. You can't debunk any of it can you?

Regrettable that you have been restricted, but that is no reason to look for sympathy for your political views.  Being slightly handicapped for years I have had my movements mostly restricted also, but I have found ways to use it advantageously.  And there are many who are confined mostly permanently and have made the best of it.  Fact is I have't had a home to go to until recently due to it being rendered inhabitable from Harvey's flooding.  Again, I have made the best of all situations while rebuilding. 

But when one starts criticizing another's posting habits, it opens the person up to criticism themself.  Most of my time has been taken up using the computer to stay in contact with family, researching family history, and educational pursuits...

And as far as not trying to 'debunk' your posts why should I?  You are doing a good job of that yourself. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I am sequestered to my home recovering from a stem cell transplant for my cancer, thank you for your concern.  So you make it personal instead of staying on topic and commenting on what is in the article I posted. No surprise, you must not be able to debunk any of it.

As a cancer survivor I can understand about the seriousness of cancer, but I fail to see where that has anything to do with this forum.  Nor do I believe it has anything to do with posting on this forum. 

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors