Honored Social Butterfly

'Presidency For Sale' - Foreign Regimes, Others Spend Big at Trump Properties to "Curry Favor"

Foreign Regimes, Others Spend Big At Trump Properties To "Curry Favor

By:  Juliea Ainsley and Riel Gardella

WASHINGTON — Four foreign governments, 16 special interest groups and 35 Republican congressional campaign committees spent money at Trump properties in 2017, according to data compiled by the government watchdog group Public Citizen.

A lawyer for President-elect Donald Trump outlined a plan during the presidential transition that was meant to resolve concerns about conflicts of interest between his presidency and his businesses. But in a report called "Presidency for Sale," Public Citizen found that Trump properties in Washington, Florida and elsewhere seem to have benefited from Trump's election as groups with something to gain from U.S. policy have paid to stay or dine there more than 60 times.

"There is no way to escape the conclusion that these events are being held at the Trump properties as a way to curry favor with the president," said Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen. "It's just extraordinarily unlikely that these groups have an affinity for the Trump brand [that's] so great [that's] unrelated to the fact that the president happens to be named Trump."

Other well-known Republican politicians' campaigns spending money at Trump properties included those of Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee, who has feuded with Trump and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, both of California. NBC News previously reported that Rohrabacher has known ties to Russia and that his meeting with Trump's former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn is of interest to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigators.

Other non-political organizations detailed in the report included GEO Group, a for-profit prison company that has benefited from Trump administration policies, and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

Much More At LINK:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/watchdog-foreign-regimes-others-spend-big-trump-proper...

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Do ya' think that if you keep this personal with other posters and keep it off topic that it will get this thread closed?

Did you even read the long article that I posted as this topic?

Why is it that when others make posts you don't agree with that treads being closed is brought up?

Why should I read long articles?  Why not summurize?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Do ya' think that if you keep this personal with other posters and keep it off topic that it will get this thread closed?

Why is it that when others make posts you don't agree with that treads being closed is brought up?

The article makes the point of the topic, it basically is the topic,  and it shows how trump profits in his personal business through the office of the presidency. If you wished to  have an intelligent adult discussion it makes sense to read the article, you cannot debunk something you haven't even read.  But ................ you seem much more interested in making things personal with other posters and going off topic, especially by practicing your Hillary fetish. "Summarizing" is not going off topic or making things personal with other posters.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The article makes the point of the topic, it basically is the topic,  and it shows how trump profits in his personal business through the office of the presidency. If you wished to  have an intelligent adult discussion it makes sense to read the article, you cannot debunk something you haven't even read.  But ................ you seem much more interested in making things personal with other posters and going off topic, especially by practicing your Hillary fetish. "Summarizing" is not going off topic or making things personal with other posters.

You have been on here a long time as I have. I think what we are seeing is a really sad thing.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

I have been reviewing a lot of posts over the last few months and I do not see Hillary in just about all of them. Hillary returned when you returned. Sorry that is fact. Be careful on floods. I do not think you want to bring that up as there are a number of sides to that story. Ask the people of PR about flood help.

I don't think I need anyone's advice about flood help because we took care of ourselves while also receiving help from the government through FEMA.  But we didn't just sit back waiting for assistance but took care of most on our own, including our own funds. And we got back to normal before others.

Further, apparently you are free with your advice but not with credentials to qualify what you post.  You haven't answered what makes you more of an authority on certain incidents in the past except to say you served your military and then went to work for a living. 

I am glad you took care of your self after the storm, and you are receiving help from the government. That help is being supplied by people like me through our taxes so keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that the people of PR did not receive the same help as you did from the government. Why? Were they the wrong type of people for Trump. You live in a flood plain as we have learned, yet your state govt would not follow Army Corp. recommendations for projects to stop flooding. You have no zoning in Texas which has allowed all types of things to be done that increased the damage a flood can do. There were a high number of people in Texas who did not have flood insurance as we are told the State did not push it. A few years ago when NJ had a bad storm your people in Congress held up aid to the people there in need, and NJ had followed Army Corp guidelines. The dreamers you are against helped you as they pay taxes and Texas is using that money as part of what the Feds gave. Please get back to normal.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

I am glad you took care of your self after the storm, and you are receiving help from the government. That help is being supplied by people like me through our taxes so keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that the people of PR did not receive the same help as you did from the government.

.The income taxes from Puerto Rico goes to their government, not to Washington.  Yet they want to use tax money paid by those of the continental states to help them?  My neighbors and I helped ourselves while waiting for government assistance.  From appearances the people of Puerto Rico kept moaning and complaining that they were receiving no help from Washington.

I have lived here for over forty years; the property has been in the family for longer than that.  Old-timers here can't remember when this area flooded like last year.  It has been way over a century.  Besides you have no idea of what area of Texas I live in.  More of your speculation.

According to you anyone breaking the law including gamling or other illegal activities are ok as long as they pay taxes.  The law is the law.  So dreamers are allowed to become citizens, then other illegals pour in and the same argument will continue over and over and we'll become a clone of Mexico and Latin America...as if we aren't already.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

I am glad you took care of your self after the storm, and you are receiving help from the government. That help is being supplied by people like me through our taxes so keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that the people of PR did not receive the same help as you did from the government.

.The income taxes from Puerto Rico goes to their government, not to Washington.  Yet they want to use tax money paid by those of the continental states to help them?  My neighbors and I helped ourselves while waiting for government assistance.  From appearances the people of Puerto Rico kept moaning and complaining that they were receiving no help from Washington.

I have lived here for over forty years; the property has been in the family for longer than that.  Old-timers here can't remember when this area flooded like last year.  It has been way over a century.  Besides you have no idea of what area of Texas I live in.  More of your speculation.

According to you anyone breaking the law including gamling or other illegal activities are ok as long as they pay taxes.  The law is the law.  So dreamers are allowed to become citizens, then other illegals pour in and the same argument will continue over and over and we'll become a clone of Mexico and Latin America...as if we aren't already.

The people of PR are American Citizens and as such should get the same things everyone else gets. If PR does not get aid then the people of Texas should not as a lot of the damage was the result of the State Govt. of Texas not doing its job, and now passing on to the rest of us the bill for their failure, and they were elected by the people of Texas. Your last para. shows how low you have gone. You are taking money from states that have gambling, and you act toward Dreamers as Hitler did toward some of his people. It is clear you hate people from South America. Would you support throwing out anyone not born here, or the children of anyone not born here. Real sad.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

The people of PR are American Citizens and as such should get the same things everyone else gets.

They have their income taxes going to a government that wastes them.  And they are subsidized by our taxes.

As far as anyone who violates our laws by being here illegally, I have no use for, whatever country they come from. 

You are allowing your partisanship opinions dictate your posts and posts about others.

Have a good evening.  This discussion is over.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

The people of PR are American Citizens and as such should get the same things everyone else gets.

They have their income taxes going to a government that wastes them.  And they are subsidized by our taxes.

As far as anyone who violates our laws by .......................

This topic is about all of the things that Trump has done to use his presidential office for profits of some kind. This topic is not about most that you have posted about.

I furnished an article, a long and informative one, for anyone to read and try to debunk if they can. Some haven't read it and they must be afraid that they can't debunk any of it. Either that or they have a different motive for being here than to have honest debate. They demonstrate this by constantly going off-topic.

Just one of many things mentioned in the article:

Public Citizen found that Trump properties in Washington, Florida and elsewhere seem to have benefited from Trump's election as groups with something to gain from U.S. policy have paid to stay or dine there more than 60 times.

Care to comment?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Public Citizen found that Trump properties in Washington, Florida and elsewhere seem to have benefited from Trump's election as groups with something to gain from U.S. policy have paid to stay or dine there more than 60 times.

Care to comment?

Care to comment about a certain former Secretary of State said to benefit greatly by official decisions?  Of course the answer from the 'faithful' will be that this Secretary of State is not the topic...  Didn't the previous President benefit financially from books he wrote that was purchased solely because of his office?

Of course everyone in liberal-land will say that is off-topic to avoid unpleasant discussion.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Care to comment?

Care to comment about a certain former Secretary of State said to benefit greatly by official decisions?  Of course the answer from the 'faithful' will be that this Secretary of State is not the topic...  Didn't the previous President benefit financially from books he wrote that was purchased solely because of his office?

Of course everyone in liberal-land will say that is off-topic to avoid unpleasant discussion.

If you seek a "comment" about a former Secretary of State then start a topic about it.

You keep going off topic because you cannot discount anything in the article I posted. (off topic comments already got another thread of mine closed) Of course it's difficult to debunk something if you don't know what's there. I gave one example of something in the article - - - - - care to debunk it?  Here is something else from the article if you care to stay on topic and comment about it:

"The biggest spender was a key Middle East ally, Saudi Arabia. A public relations firm spent $270,000 on behalf of the Saudi government at the Trump International Hotel in D.C. on an undisclosed date, the report said, citing public documents and a USA Today article.

Weissman said he believed that the Saudi effort to curry favor with the Trump administration "stands out above all."

Said Weissman, "The Saudis … have been undertaking a full-fledged effort to seduce Trump and those close to him. In that light, the event at the Trump property looks even worse, and more corrupting."

Representatives of the government of Malaysia, the American Turkish Council and the Kuwait Embassy also spent money at Trump properties. Trump critics say that the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution prohibits the president from earning money from foreign governments."

There is so very much more in this article but then if one doesn't actually read the article it is impossible to post viable comments about anything contained in it, thus off topic remarks, deflections and distractions. If this thread gets closed because of off topic remarks I will simply post another negative topic about trump, he provides plenty of negative stuff to post about.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Public Citizen

Public Citizen is a non-profit, liberal / progressive consumer rights advocacy group and think tank based in Washington, D.C., United States,

https://www.google.com/search?q=Public+Citizen&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Your post is nothing more than an attempt to alibi by using a politically biased source.

Again your post shows that you cannot come up with any sort of original comments in attempting to direct others about posting.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Public Citizen

Public Citizen is a non-profit, liberal / progressive consumer rights advocacy group and think tank based in Washington, D.C., United States,

https://www.google.com/search?q=Public+Citizen&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Your post is nothing more than an attempt to alibi by using a politically biased source.

Again your post shows that you cannot come up with any sort of original comments in attempting to direct others about posting.

Not long ago here you accused others of "attacking the source" when they could not debunk what was presented to them. It applies directly to what you are doing now.

AND ............... here is the link I provided, note that the article is from NBC News, not "Public Citizen":

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/watchdog-foreign-regimes-others-spend-big-trump-proper...

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

AND ............... here is the link I provided, note that the article is from ABC News, not "Public Citizen":

More slipping and sliding by attempting at deflection?  And apparently can't stand by the source you posted.  Further if you would read the article at NBC, it is entirely based on  Public Citizen as it's source of information.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

AND ............... here is the link I provided, note that the article is from ABC News, not "Public Citizen":

More slipping and sliding by attempting at deflection?  And apparently can't stand by the source you posted.  Further if you would read the article at NBC, it is entirely based on  Public Citizen as it's source of information.

You still haven't commented on or debunked anything contained in the NBC article that was posted, regardless of the sources they used. Instead you attack the source, something you have criticized others for. Still nothing on the actual topic or anything contained in the article?

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You still haven't commented on or debunked anything contained in the NBC article that was posted, regardless of the sources they used. Instead you attack the source, something you have criticized others for. Still nothing on the actual topic or anything contained in the article?

Never surrender, never give up...and you are on here apparently 24/7 doing so.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Never surrender, never give up...and you are on here apparently 24/7 doing so.

I am sequestered to my home recovering from a stem cell transplant for my cancer, thank you for your concern.  So you make it personal instead of staying on topic and commenting on what is in the article I posted. No surprise, you must not be able to debunk any of it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I am sequestered to my home recovering from a stem cell transplant for my cancer, thank you for your concern.  So you make it personal instead of staying on topic and commenting on what is in the article I posted. No surprise, you must not be able to debunk any of it.

As a cancer survivor I can understand about the seriousness of cancer, but I fail to see where that has anything to do with this forum.  Nor do I believe it has anything to do with posting on this forum.  Further I don't believe I'm the one making posts personal nor following a poster around demanding replies to one's posts and attempting to label what others political preferences is.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

As a cancer survivor I can understand about the seriousness of cancer, but I fail to see where that has anything to do with this forum.  Nor do I believe it has anything to do with posting on this forum. 

Why do you ignore over half of what I posted? I have been sequestered or confined to my home 24-7 since October the 6 th. I have not been able to leave the house except to go to doctor appointments only. Duh !!! It has a lot to do with how often I have been posting and it would take someone pretty dense to not understand that.

As to the topic:   You still haven't commented on anything pertaining to the article I posted as the topic. You can't debunk any of it can you?

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why do you ignore over half of what I posted? I have been sequestered or confined to my home 24-7 since October the 6 th. I have not been able to leave the house except to go to doctor appointments only. Duh !!! It has a lot to do with how often I have been posting and it would take someone pretty dense to not understand that.

As to the topic:   You still haven't commented on anything pertaining to the article I posted as the topic. You can't debunk any of it can you?

Regrettable that you have been restricted, but that is no reason to look for sympathy for your political views.  Being slightly handicapped for years I have had my movements mostly restricted also, but I have found ways to use it advantageously.  And there are many who are confined mostly permanently and have made the best of it.  Fact is I have't had a home to go to until recently due to it being rendered inhabitable from Harvey's flooding.  Again, I have made the best of all situations while rebuilding. 

But when one starts criticizing another's posting habits, it opens the person up to criticism themself.  Most of my time has been taken up using the computer to stay in contact with family, researching family history, and educational pursuits...

And as far as not trying to 'debunk' your posts why should I?  You are doing a good job of that yourself. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Regrettable that you have been restricted, but that is no reason to look for sympathy for your political views.  Being slightly handicapped for years I have had my movements mostly restricted also, but I have found ways to use it advantageously.  And there are many who are confined mostly permanently and have made the best of it.  Fact is I have't had a home to go to until recently due to it being rendered inhabitable from Harvey's flooding.  Again, I have made the best of all situations while rebuilding. 

But when one starts criticizing another's posting habits, it opens the person up to criticism themself.  Most of my time has been taken up using the computer to stay in contact with family, researching family history, and educational pursuits...

And as far as not trying to 'debunk' your posts why should I?  You are doing a good job of that yourself. 

So you honestly don't see how being confined to one's home would give a person time to post much more often?  Instead of acknowledging a simple truth you start trying to make it more and more personal and insulting by saying "sympathy for your political views". Good gosh, how crude !!!!

With you it always comes down to personal attacks and insults.

You are dismissed.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Really sad to read what you have posted to him. To me the tone is very nasty. Try a little sympathy it might help you understand people like the dreamers better. You point out that you are just getting over a very tough time with the storm. We who were not effectived by the storm came to your aid with help from Fed. Govt., and private groups like the Red Cross, yet you tell us that the people of PR who were hit harder than Texas should not get any help. I would say there is a place available where you might visit that would bring back the compassion for others. We will all be for that. Think about it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

Really sad to read what you have posted to him. To me the tone is very nasty. Try a little sympathy it might help you understand people like the dreamers better. You point out that you are just getting over a very tough time with the storm. We who were not effectived by the storm came to your aid with help from Fed. Govt., and private groups like the Red Cross, yet you tell us that the people of PR who were hit harder than Texas should not get any help. I would say there is a place available where you might visit that would bring back the compassion for others. We will all be for that. Think about it.

No one came to our aid until we had already mostly helped ourselves.  Don't mention the Red Cross to people here in the Houston area as they denied aid to people that actually needed it.  The people here mostly helped ourselves.  Myself, I didn't sit around complaining but used my own funds to rebuild before anyone else came through with only partial action...and I'm now living in my home which I made planned improvements to make it better.  Further, I've spent more of my funds than any we received from any other source which barely put sheetrock up.  Those who waited for help are still 'camping out'.  That apparently is Puerto Rico's problem.

And as I posted I am a cancer survivor, but I didn't sit and feel sorry for myself, as in the present situation.  On a political discussion site, self-pity has no room, just as in politics.  Also you need to quit telling people what to think or say.   I've done pretty well taking care of myself over the years, in fact advised you for some time as you have posted.

Have a good day...I will.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

And as I posted I am a cancer survivor, but I didn't sit and feel sorry for myself, as in the present situation.  On a political discussion site, self-pity has no room, just as in politics.  Also you need to quit telling people what to think or say.   I've done pretty well taking care of myself over the years, in fact advised you for some time as you have posted.

Trying to get in another personal attack and 'gouge' by saying   "I didn't sit and feel sorry for myself, as in the present situation.  On a political discussion site, self-pity has no room" ?

I never have "felt sorry for myself" and have no "self pity" - - - - - -  - - -  you commented on me posting "24-7" and I explained why - - - because I have been home bound for almost 4 months, and sequestered at a medical facility for more than a month before that.

Care to try and debunk anything in the article? Of course not, stirring up trouble seems to be what you're here for.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

No one came to our aid until we had already mostly helped ourselves.  Don't mention the Red Cross to people here in the Houston area as they denied aid to people that actually needed it.  The people here mostly helped ourselves.  Myself, I didn't sit around complaining but used my own funds to rebuild before anyone else came through with only partial action...and I'm now living in my home which I made planned improvements to make it better.  Further, I've spent more of my funds than any we received from any other source which barely put sheetrock up.  Those who waited for help are still 'camping out'.  That apparently is Puerto Rico's problem.

Not  true per our President. He said the Feds were there right away. Are you telling us he lied.  Glad you helped your selves since the state govt. you elected caused a lot of the problem by not doing what they should have. The Red Cross spent a lot of money there. I read it was the far right church groups who took advantage of people after the storm. Are you looking down on people who are poor and do not have the funds you do. It sounds that way. Why do you hate the PR people so. They could not even elect the idiot in DC (President) who causes your, and their misery. To talk about politics one should understand it first. That is lacking in Texas as we see a State in such a mess, and again asking the rest of us to ball them out. A better day could be had by visiting a place to get empthy back for others.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

Not  true per our President. He said the Feds were there right away.

The feds might have been here right away, but apparently you are not comprehending the extent of Harvey's damage and the tens of thousands affected.  It took them time to get around.  We didn't even see a representative until after six weeks and by then we were initiating our own recovery efforts.

The Red Cross promised $400 to those affected but denied it to those who suffered complete destruction.  We were even told that we were not in the flood zone, yet my neighbors and I had water in our house. 

As far you, I doubt you were even thousands of miles from any of these disasters.  As far as Puerto Rico, perhaps they should have done as we did and helped ourselves while waiting on Uncle Sugar.  As far as church groups helping out, yes.  We had people from a South Texas Mormon church who came in while we were cleaning up, bringing their own supplies and speeding up the process.  There were all sorts of people lending a hand.

If you are so concerned with Puerto Rico, then why aren't you down there helping out instead of wasting time on discussion group?  These are your own words:  "A better day could be had by visiting a place to get empthy back for others."  I detect hypocrisy in your post.

You prefer someone posting here feeling sorry for themselves? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

The feds might have been here right away, but apparently you are not comprehending the extent of Harvey's damage and the tens of thousands affected.  It took them time to get around.  We didn't even see a representative until after six weeks and by then we were initiating our own recovery efforts.

The Red Cross promised $400 to those affected but denied it to those who suffered complete destruction.  We were even told that we were not in the flood zone, yet my neighbors and I had water in our house. 

As far you, I doubt you were even thousands of miles from any of these disasters.  As far as Puerto Rico, perhaps they should have done as we did and helped ourselves while waiting on Uncle Sugar.  As far as church groups helping out, yes.  We had people from a South Texas Mormon church who came in while we were cleaning up, bringing their own supplies and speeding up the process.  There were all sorts of people lending a hand.

If you are so concerned with Puerto Rico, then why aren't you down there helping out instead of wasting time on discussion group?  These are your own words:  "A better day could be had by visiting a place to get empthy back for others."  I detect hypocrisy in your post.

Since I did not live there so I cannot comment from first hand experience. My comments  on this part were based on what our President told us. He was there not long after the storm and told us the Feds had everything under control and were doing a great job helping. I guess you are confirming that our President is a liar, and I agree with you. Now on the flood zone. That is what the State of Texas told all when they said they did not need any new flood control projects some time ago. You should be upset when being told you were not in a flood zone with water in your house. Are you going to throw all the far right out of Office as they are the ones who control the State Government. The Red Cross is not a flood Insurer so if the property is totally destroyed they would not pay since the person should have flood Insurance as required when you live in a flood zone. It was the State Govt. who told  you and the Red Cross that you did not live in a flood zone. Once again the State lied. Typical of far right. I was less than a 1,000 miles away but I was thinking of all of you as my money was being spent to help all. My only problem was that the State of Texas created a lot of the problems and then was not willing to pay for it. They just palmed it off to all the tax payers in the US, and that was wrong. If you do not due your job as a State Govt. then the people of the state should pay for all of it as they elected them. You talk about the people of PR. They did not even try and do something like that so how can you be against them? You got more money than PR and in reality you did no more to help yourselves than they did. There were a lot of people from my State who went to Texas to fix up your infrastructure, and from a lot of other states. Yes to Texas you relied on Uncle Sugar a lot more than PR, and unlike PR a lot of your damage was self inflicted. Nice one church helped out , but another mega Church refused to open its doors to help people until that got on TV. No just truth, and are you visiting a place today.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@john258

@john258 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Since I did not live there so I cannot comment from first hand experience. My comments  on this part were based on what our President told us. He was there not long after the storm and told us the Feds had everything under control and were doing a great job helping. I guess you are confirming that our President is a liar, and I agree with you. Now on the flood zone. That is what the State of Texas told all when they said they did not need any new flood control projects some time ago. You should be upset when being told you were not in a flood zone with water in your house. Are you going to throw all the far right out of Office as they are the ones who control the State Government. The Red Cross is not a flood Insurer so if the property is totally destroyed they would not pay since the person should have flood Insurance as required when you live in a flood zone. It was the State Govt. who told  you and the Red Cross that you did not live in a flood zone. Once again the State lied. Typical of far right. I was less than a 1,000 miles away but I was thinking of all of you as my money was being spent to help all. My only problem was that the State of Texas created a lot of the problems and then was not willing to pay for it. They just palmed it off to all the tax payers in the US, and that was wrong. If you do not due your job as a State Govt. then the people of the state should pay for all of it as they elected them. You talk about the people of PR. They did not even try and do something like that so how can you be against them? You got more money than PR and in reality you did no more to help yourselves than they did. There were a lot of people from my State who went to Texas to fix up your infrastructure, and from a lot of other states. Yes to Texas you relied on Uncle Sugar a lot more than PR, and unlike PR a lot of your damage was self inflicted. Nice one church helped out , but another mega Church refused to open its doors to help people until that got on TV. No just truth, and are you visiting a place today.

For anyone to say that something is true because the most dishonest person in the history of the presidency said it, tells all just how delusional are those who defend trump.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

Since I did not live there so I cannot comment from first hand experience.

And of course everything in your post is completely bordering on garbage.  I have lived here for over 40 years and we have never been flooded before.  My parents bought this land 70 years ago and had never been flooded.  Old-timers here since all their lives said this property had never flooded.  You don't live around here, and doubtful even close to the state thinks differently.

And of course you cannot comment from first hand experience, yet you throw your erroneous comments out mostly partisan based.  But those sort of leftest comments is the main reason I have disassociated myself from the liberal leftest crowd here.

My comment about if you are so concerned about Puerto Rico, then why are you sitting here on a non-sensical discussion forum and not taking action to assist the island, or even going there yourself and helping them?   The groups I mentioned gave up time, weekends and vacation days to come to this area to help.  Why haven't you done the same in Puerto Rico?  So much hypocrisy from the left here.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

And of course everything in your post is completely bordering ..............................................................................

NONE of what you have changed this discussion to is on-topic. Trying to get another topic closed?  If not then comment on the actual article that I posted as a topic.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

And of course everything in your post is completely bordering on garbage.  I have lived here for over 40 years and we have never been flooded before.  My parents bought this land 70 years ago and had never been flooded.  Old-timers here since all their lives said this property had never flooded.  You don't live around here, and doubtful even close to the state thinks differently.

And of course you cannot comment from first hand experience, yet you throw your erroneous comments out mostly partisan based.  But those sort of leftest comments is the main reason I have disassociated myself from the liberal leftest crowd here.

My comment about if you are so concerned about Puerto Rico, then why are you sitting here on a non-sensical discussion forum and not taking action to assist the island, or even going there yourself and helping them?   The groups I mentioned gave up time, weekends and vacation days to come to this area to help.  Why haven't you done the same in Puerto Rico?  So much hypocrisy from the left here.

Nice try but you strike out. Yes I am concerned about PR because they are not getting the help they need due to them not being white enough and that is wrong. I am trying to undue the hate being spread about them by people who feel as our President does, and to make that even worse some of those people living in other states that had only one storm are pushing for no aid to PR due to the color of their skin. That is hypocrisy, no that is pure hate and every true American should be against that. I have given my money freely through my taxes to support all areas hit by the storms, even the ones who have shown by their actions all they want to do is get money at the expense of others. It is not a right or left issue it is an American Issue caused by FAR RIGHT Reb nuts. I am anti nuts.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png