Honored Social Butterfly

'Presidency For Sale' - Foreign Regimes, Others Spend Big at Trump Properties to "Curry Favor"

Foreign Regimes, Others Spend Big At Trump Properties To "Curry Favor

By:  Juliea Ainsley and Riel Gardella

WASHINGTON — Four foreign governments, 16 special interest groups and 35 Republican congressional campaign committees spent money at Trump properties in 2017, according to data compiled by the government watchdog group Public Citizen.

A lawyer for President-elect Donald Trump outlined a plan during the presidential transition that was meant to resolve concerns about conflicts of interest between his presidency and his businesses. But in a report called "Presidency for Sale," Public Citizen found that Trump properties in Washington, Florida and elsewhere seem to have benefited from Trump's election as groups with something to gain from U.S. policy have paid to stay or dine there more than 60 times.

"There is no way to escape the conclusion that these events are being held at the Trump properties as a way to curry favor with the president," said Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen. "It's just extraordinarily unlikely that these groups have an affinity for the Trump brand [that's] so great [that's] unrelated to the fact that the president happens to be named Trump."

Other well-known Republican politicians' campaigns spending money at Trump properties included those of Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee, who has feuded with Trump and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, both of California. NBC News previously reported that Rohrabacher has known ties to Russia and that his meeting with Trump's former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn is of interest to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigators.

Other non-political organizations detailed in the report included GEO Group, a for-profit prison company that has benefited from Trump administration policies, and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

Much More At LINK:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/watchdog-foreign-regimes-others-spend-big-trump-proper...

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Der Trumper began his campaign to pump his "brand" never suspecting Putin would deliver him the White House, courtesy a record turnout of Foxbots and the Hillary Haters.

Everybody KNEW this, so why is it a surprise to the Trumpoglodytes that their HeRoo has sold the Presidency and given his kids billions in untaxed and unearned wealth? Do they really not believe where all that money from his real estate deals overseas came from, or are they so thrilled that there's somebody dumber than they are running the country that they simply chose not to consider the consequences of POTUS being in hock to the Russians?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Der Trumper began his campaign to pump his "brand" never suspecting Putin would deliver him the White House, courtesy a record turnout of Foxbots and the Hillary Haters.

Everybody KNEW this, so why is it a surprise to the Trumpoglodytes that their HeRoo has sold the Presidency and given his kids billions in untaxed and unearned wealth? Do they really not believe where all that money from his real estate deals overseas came from, or are they so thrilled that there's somebody dumber than they are running the country that they simply chose not to consider the consequences of POTUS being in hock to the Russians?

Yep, thank you Hillary haters, Nazis, KKK members, Muslim haters, and White Supremacists.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I have been sequestered or confined to my home 24-7 since October the 6 th.... It has a lot to do with how often I have been posting

Me too. Technology is great at this time of my life.  So thanks for staying in touch Chasky. Maui Surfing Lessonshttps://goofyfootsurfschool.com/

Rich - How much money HAS Trump and sons made off being the moron in chief?

I think Javonka has been counting on the best inheritance a kid could get. The White House, for me!!?? Oh daddy!

Reporters are doing a up to the minute (keeping pace) job unraveling a bona-fide Constitutional Crisis. This time, The Revolution WILL be Televised. Yahoo!

Except for those kicked to the curb, left behind and suffering. Many may slide easily into forms of PostTraumaticStress and will require medical attention. There will be so much to clean up!

Honored Social Butterfly

@oceanedge2 wrote:

I have been sequestered or confined to my home 24-7 since October the 6 th.... It has a lot to do with how often I have been posting

Me too. Technology is great at this time of my life.  So thanks for staying in touch Chasky. Maui Surfing Lessonshttps://goofyfootsurfschool.com/

Rich - How much money HAS Trump and sons made off being the moron in chief?

I think Javonka has been counting on the best inheritance a kid could get. The White House, for me!!?? Oh daddy!

Reporters are doing a up to the minute (keeping pace) job unraveling a bona-fide Constitutional Crisis. This time, The Revolution WILL be Televised. Yahoo!

Except for those kicked to the curb, left behind and suffering. Many may slide easily into forms of PostTraumaticStress and will require medical attention. There will be so much to clean up!

Thank you oceanedge2 !   The article I posted shows clearly how trump has "sold his office".  AND Trump profits off of tax dollars by vacationing at his own properties. (also he has spent more tax dollars on vacationing in one year that Obama did in an entire term)

Too bad some posters refuse to even read the article, then on top of it, go off-topic and resort to personal attacks and insults.

Honored Social Butterfly

How much money HAS Trump and sons made off being the moron in chief?

Esteemed Social Butterfly

When looking for the cause of a criminal act, follow the money. Investigators will find it, and trump, if there is still justice in this country, will be impeached and go to jail.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Honored Social Butterfly

And apparently some here seems to have their own prejudiced opinion. They fail to realize that others can disagree with them without being either right or left wingers.

That's confusing Tx.  No one is disagreeing with you because you've posted no opinion yourself about the topic. There was this though.

..those who cannot accept the person who was constitutionally elected to be President of the United States for better or worse.

The carpet you sweep the worst under is not big enough.  Mueller and others are collecting it all no matter what......because no one is required to "accept" the worst.  Those who volunteer for that obviously don't want to talk about it.  You're off the hook.

Honored Social Butterfly

Apparently some here seem to be listening to RW media whines again.    I do wonder if the reading list of those people has constricted after the election.

Today, there are articles about the NRA accepting money from Russians.   Sources include McClatchy, The Hill, New York Magazine...to name a few.     I then looked for additional sources that could be deemed non-biased - how about Medium?  

https://medium.com/@LaddEveritt/from-russia-with-love-for-the-nra-ffc69088fe41

Then a search of the LLC that was formed by a GOP operative and the Russian operative (Bridges LLC)

And the connection to South Dakota. http://dakotafreepress.com/2017/03/27/maria-butina-connects-russians-nra-trump-sibby-and-mathew-woll...

I doubt the ignobles will read any of this information, they have their whine and that is all that is important to them.    They have now totally removed the idea that Donald is the only recent President to not a) release their taxes or b) divest or use a blind trust for their wealth.  

TBS:   From the Right-leaning THE HILL:  http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/336444-saudis-spent270000-at-trump-hotel-as-part-of-lobby...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

@afisher wrote:

Apparently some here seem to be listening to RW media whines again.

And apparently some here seems to have their own prejudiced opinion.  They fail to realize that others can disagree with them without being either right or left wingers. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Apparently some here seem to be listening to RW media whines again.

And apparently some here seems to have their own prejudiced opinion.  They fail to realize that others can disagree with them without being either right or left wingers. 

What about the links that afisher posted?  Care to comment on the information in them instead of making more off-topic comments and accusations?

Honored Social Butterfly

They are wasting their money. They could buy him with red and pink Starburst like Kevin McCarthy does.

Honored Social Butterfly

All of the crying, whining, and howling at the moon by the snowflakes against Hillary, yet Trump selling his office in the way that he does and no comment at all from the Right.

Clearly they will accept anything, no matter how unethical, or illegal that trump does. Could trump murder someone and still have their support like he said?  I think so ............

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

All of the crying, whining, and howling at the moon by the snowflakes against Hillary, yet Trump selling his office in the way that he does and no comment at all from the Right.

Clearly they will accept anything, no matter how unethical, or illegal that trump does. Could trump murder someone and still have their support like he said?  I think so ............

Putin bought a "useful idiot" - and then manipulated an election to give his idiot a presidency...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

Putin bought a "useful idiot" - and then manipulated an election to give his idiot a presidency...

And that cost tons more than two multi-mill mansions in the same neighborhood ever could.  Is anyone not aware Mueller's Russian investigation is focused on money?  dt won't get away with enriching himself only, due to his brand name.  He owes us biglee and it's time to share.  Open up and come clean.  Mueller says so.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So, did he learn from the example of Hillary when she was Secretary of State?  Maybe she turned over her 'black book' to him?   Must be nice to afford two multi-million dollar homes adjacent to each....

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So, did he learn from the example of Hillary when she was Secretary of State?  Maybe she turned over her 'black book' to him?   Must be nice to afford two multi-million dollar homes adjacent to each....

This topic isn't about Hillary so 'talk to the hand'.

Have a nice evening ...........

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Yes, we learned Hillary is either a very ethical person or the many Republican congressional panels trying to find where she was not are complete idiots. Could be both. 
Amazingly, Trump agreed with China's view of the one China theory and suddenly, his company gets the trademarks in China it wants? Did the see the post about how he has been declared the most unethical president in modern history?  More sleaze from Twitter Trump. 
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/14/china-trump-trademarks-beijing

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

Did the see the post about how he has been declared the most unethical president in modern histor

If you are referring to me, no I didn't see that post, no doubt by someone still crying in their beer and looking at Hillary through rose colored glasses.  I rarely visit this site except to glance at the posts and laugh at some of the nonsense.

Apparently the office of Secretary of State was for sale also during Hillary's tenure, such as make a sizeable donation to the Clinton Foundation for favors.  The jury is still out on some of the shenigans she pulled.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

" The jury is still out " and " you can't prove Hillary is totally innocent " really Tex ? Are you still having nightmares about her ?

Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84 wrote:

" The jury is still out " and " you can't prove Hillary is totally innocent " really Tex ? Are you still having nightmares about her ?

He comes here to post about her.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

And who do you come here to post about? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

And who do you come here to post about? 

For one thing, I posted this topic which you tried to denigrate with your Hillary fetish.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

For one thing, I posted this topic which you tried to denigrate with your Hillary fetish.

Apparently you have your Trump fetish, so we're even.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84 wrote:

No, she's nothing but a has been.  The ones who are having obsessive nightmares are those who cannot accept the person who was constitutionally elected to be President of the United States for better or worse. 

Further Hillary is the 'elephant in the room' in the minds of everyone who detests Trump.  Personally I haven't cared for either one and there is no doubt that every candidate in the last election was of mediocre worth.  She was attempting to follow Obama's claim to fame as being the 'first' in a category.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

No, she's nothing but a has been.  The ones who are having obsessive nightmares are those who cannot accept the person who was constitutionally elected to be President of the United States for better or worse. 

Further Hillary is the 'elephant in the room' in the minds of everyone who detests Trump.  Personally I haven't cared for either one and there is no doubt that every candidate in the last election was of mediocre worth.  She was attempting to follow Obama's claim to fame as being the 'first' in a category.

The only ones who continually bring up Hillary are those who feel an undying need to excuse Trump. Whenever Trump does anything stupid or potentially illegal we can be assured that one of Trump’s protectors will respond with “But Hillary...”

Honored Social Butterfly

@Snoopy48 wrote:

The only ones who continually bring up Hillary are those who feel an undying need to excuse Trump. Whenever Trump does anything stupid or potentially illegal we can be assured that one of Trump’s protectors will respond with “But Hillary...”

On the other hand, even if I'm not exactly a Trump supporter, when an incident like what happened in Hawaii, why is Trump brought up?  Was Trump responsible for the floods from Hurricane Harvey that innuated homes, including mine?  Some would blame him.

I see a double standard among those on the left here.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

On the other hand, even if I'm not exactly a Trump supporter, when an incident like what happened in Hawaii, why is Trump brought up?  Was Trump responsible for the floods from Hurricane Harvey that innuated homes, including mine?  Some would blame him.

I see a double standard among those on the left here.

I have been reviewing a lot of posts over the last few months and I do not see Hillary in just about all of them. Hillary returned when you returned. Sorry that is fact. Be careful on floods. I do not think you want to bring that up as there are a number of sides to that story. Ask the people of PR about flood help.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

I have been reviewing a lot of posts over the last few months and I do not see Hillary in just about all of them. Hillary returned when you returned. Sorry that is fact. Be careful on floods. I do not think you want to bring that up as there are a number of sides to that story. Ask the people of PR about flood help.

I don't think I need anyone's advice about flood help because we took care of ourselves while also receiving help from the government through FEMA.  But we didn't just sit back waiting for assistance but took care of most on our own, including our own funds. And we got back to normal before others.

Further, apparently you are free with your advice but not with credentials to qualify what you post.  You haven't answered what makes you more of an authority on certain incidents in the past except to say you served your military and then went to work for a living. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

I don't think I need anyone's advice about flood help because we took care of ourselves while also receiving help from the government through FEMA.  But we didn't just sit back waiting for assistance but took care of most on our own, including our own funds. And we got back to normal before others.

Further, apparently you are free with your advice but not with credentials to qualify what you post.  You haven't answered what makes you more of an authority on certain incidents in the past except to say you served your military and then went to work for a living. 

Do ya' think that if you keep this personal with other posters and keep it off topic that it will get this thread closed?

Did you even read the long article that I posted as this topic?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png