Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 3

Thank you so much. This clearly answers my question. Much appreciated.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 3

@JudyM322999 wrote:

Trump removed the penalty for not having health insurance and also being late to sign up for prescrption drugs. I was late signing up for prescription drug coverage. Can the insurance company still charge me the penalty? They continue to bill me for the penalty. I called them and they said they were never advised to remove it. I filed a grievance but no response yet.

This actually belongs on the Insurance and Medicare Board .

But I will try to give you an answer -  Has NOTHING to do with Trump.

If you are on Medicare, and it sounds like you are - the penalty for not having credible Medicare Prescription Drug coverage has been around since Medicare Part D was added in 2006.  It is part of the Medicare Program - everybody helps pay for everybody else - thus if you do not pick and keep a Medicare Prescription Drug plan, even if you aren't on any medications, and you do not have other credible coverage approved by Medicare - a penalty is imposed.

You can pick a free standing plan OR can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan that includes the Prescription Drug coverage.

The booklet, Medicare and You,  and the Medicare website explains it all.

All you have to do is understand your coverage options under Medicare and the Medicare rules of coverage. 

Medicare.gov - Part D late enrollment penalty

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

Prescription drug penalty? Is it still valid?

Message 3 of 3

Trump removed the penalty for not having health insurance and also being late to sign up for prescrption drugs. I was late signing up for prescription drug coverage. Can the insurance company still charge me the penalty? They continue to bill me for the penalty. I called them and they said they were never advised to remove it. I filed a grievance but no response yet.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors