Honored Social Butterfly

Postmaster General Lovejoy reportedly pressured former employees for GOP donations,

and then reimbursed them!  Both the New York Times and Washington Post are reporting this.

Both The Washington Post and The New York Times said Sunday that DeJoy, a top Republican fundraiser and Trump megadonor, urged workers at his former business, New Breed Logistics, to write checks to lawmakers for more than a decade between 2003 and 2014.

The Post spoke with five former employees who corroborated the accounts and analyzed campaign finance records which showed more than $1 million in donations during that period to federal and state GOP candidates. Only $700 was donated to Democratic candidates during the same period by company employees.

“He asked employees for money. We gave him the money, and then he reciprocated by giving us big bonuses,” David Young, a former director of human resources at DeJoy’s company, told the Post. “When we got our bonuses, let’s just say they were bigger, they exceeded expectations — and that covered the tax and everything else.

Postmaster Gen. Lovejoy reportedly pressured former employees for GOP donations, then reimbursed the... 

Honored Social Butterfly

Both The Washington Post and The New York Times said Sunday that DeJoy, a top Republican fundraiser and Trump megadonor, urged workers at his former business, New Breed Logistics, to write checks to lawmakers for more than a decade between 2003 and 2014.

================================================================

So?
Honored Social Butterfly

KidBoy2:  So?

So?...................if he urged employees to make contributions then gave them bonuses or rewards, it's called being a straw donor. It's a way of bypassing individual campaign contribution limits and it's illegal. It's what sent Dinesh D'Souza to jail.

Social Butterfly

Quid pro quo for a job, blatant, in fact.

Don't worry, Trump will throw him under the bus,

He hates losers who get caught.

He is now inconvient and dispenable to Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

PhilipT:  Quid pro quo for a job, blatant, in fact.

I hear he's already firmly lodged beneath a bus somewhere in DC. Another fool that dealt with Trump and got burned.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum wrote:

PhilipT:  Quid pro quo for a job, blatant, in fact.

I hear he's already firmly lodged beneath a bus somewhere in DC. Another fool that dealt with Trump and got burned.

He apparently failed to see the bus tire marks all over Cohen!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

and then he reimbursed them which is money laundering and a felony. OOPS!
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

So?

Typical!  "It's OK to break the law if you support trump....."

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

but he is the President of LAW AND ORDER!!! Yes, no respect for the law and disorder, LOL!
Social Butterfly

And DeJoy gets chosen by Trump to run a huge government agency as a reward.

Can no one see Trumps motives of corruption?

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

================================================================

So?

It's against the law!!!

Social Butterfly

Hopefully, Lovejoy will quit.

Honored Social Butterfly

@PhilipT605548 wrote:

Hopefully, Lovejoy will quit.

Give him just a little more time and he'll probably be indicted.

Honored Social Butterfly

I also hope that the Post Office board of directors should be investigated. They appointed dejoy and have supported his destruction of our Postal System. 
And investigate trump’s ties with dejoy. 

Honored Social Butterfly

One Congresswoman says if true then Lovejoy is guilty of two felonies: LYING TO CONGRESS and LAUNDERING MONEY!!! What a bum, but Trump only hires the best! Yes, the best crooks!!!

Follow the money!!! OOOPS!!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

lock him up is all I have to say!!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

I hear the criminal in Chief is holding a press conference this morning. Hopefully a Reporter asks about his buddy Lovejoy!!! LOL. He will say although he works for me, I hardly know the guy!! LOL!
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Honored Social Butterfly

With this Trump loving crook in charge of our mail system, drop off your ballots at your communities drop off box instead of mailing them back!

In districts known to be Democrat, I can see this crook directing ballots to be placed into a "special" bag!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Sounds like the BUM will be back in Congress soon!!! I hope so!! I want to hear him answer for his lies.
Social Butterfly

Trump will throw Lovejoy under the bus faster than Congress will.

Trump hates losers who get caught or captured.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png