With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pope Francis settles that question for good.

Message 1 of 8

What people have to understand is that when the Bible was being written thousands of  years ago.  People had no concept of evolution or science and the natural histories as we understand today and had to be talked to like we talk to little children today.  Which made perfect sense up to the 19th century.  And these Conservative Right Wing Fundamentalist have never moved on from that.  It's called "Ignorance". 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Nice to see reality and religion in agreement......

Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic...

I have never understood why evolution was considered to be anti-religious. If one believes that God is all seeing and all powerful why wouldn't one accept that He could adapt creatures to the changes He made to the environment?

It's because when the Bible says God Created...(whatever) the Fundies are too stupid to imagine anything but some dottering old grandpa with a bucket of mud and some critter molds, so if someone suggests that the Deity used Physics and Chemistry instead of fingers and mud, they reject it because they cannot comprehend it and do not want a God that is smarter then they are. This also explains why they would vote for Mrs Bush's idiot child and watch  FAUX without puking.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@alferdpacker wrote:

Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic...

I have never understood why evolution was considered to be anti-religious. If one believes that God is all seeing and all powerful why wouldn't one accept that He could adapt creatures to the changes He made to the environment?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

I KNEW I liked that guy!!

That's been the position of the Roman Catholic Church since Pius XII said that evolution and scripture don't conflict in 1950.

All the fundamentalists have to do is accept reality instead of living 65+ years in the past.

Yeah, but they also agreed with Gallaleo AT THE TIME, just nice that they make their rational beliefs known.

On a slightly related subject, the series After AD is doing a great job of recounting the story of the crucifiction and resurrection, so OF COURSE to appeal to Reichwing nut jobs, CW is now putting on more Bullstuff about Magical Kingdoms in the Book of (Totally Misunderstood) Revelation, with plot developement and technical advice by the folks who brought you the Twilight Series.

No wonder we no longer have a space program...

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

That's been the position of the Roman Catholic Church since Pius XII said that evolution and scripture don't conflict in 1950.

All the fundamentalists have to do is accept reality instead of living 65+ years in the past.

The source of the cause of the effect.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

@alferdpacker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Pope Francis settles that question for good.

Message 8 of 8

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Replies