Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Poll: Most Americans now support GOP tax law

Message 81 of 93
One wonders how much the Russian bots have influenced this poll. I suspect a bit. They continue to do their dirty work for Putin.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 93

@Roxanna35wrote:

Not   so fast buddy,  I am still waiting on how is going to impact me.

It will save you money. Your big concern was the loss of medical deductions. That's not the case so sit tight and enjoy your new found wealth - compliments of Trump (the guy you voted for in the Primary)!

Many of those previously called Democrats will soon discover the way to keep their (own) money is by electing more Republicans.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 93

@Olderscout66wrote:

Secondly, the bill also eliminates a $250.00 deduction teachers could take for the schools supplies they buy for students and class projects, giving a similar moistening to the anti-public education zealots in the NRAGOP.

Nope you are wrong - The legislation which passed as a result of the House and Senate compromise retained the deduction.

teachers will still be able to deduct up to $250 for classroom supplies from their taxable income in 2018?  In fact, the deduction is available to both teachers who take the standard deduction, which is going up, and those who itemize.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 93

@easyed598wrote:

Epster wrote--------------------What? The New York Times?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Democrat leaning rag and the poster is still unwilling to accept the good news.LOL

Sorry, @easyed598, that was a joke. In my apparent fog after 4 hour's sleep, I thought it obvious silliness. I just added "JK" which is to say "just kidding". The post was funny to me because so many responses to @jimc91's posts attack the source rather than the information. FWIW I'm a Republican. (And frankly don't actually trust the NYT, but I'd read the information in the piece a few days prior, so already knew it. Smiley Happy

Carry on. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 93

Although I think Trump's tax is an improvement, I would have preferred to see a personal income tax with a top 90% rate and a corporate tax rate of 0% because that would encourage corporate leaders to pass corporate tax savings to customers instead of themselves, thereby reducing inflation.  Also, it would foster research and development thereby increasing the rate of technological advancement of  our society.  Nobody but me seems to care about the rate of technological advancement or plan around it.  But, the rate of technological advancement is the greatest variable affecting your life, even if you don't consciously appreciate it.  Don't forget that the quality of life of the poorest people today is better than the quality of life of the richest people 200 years ago because of technological advancement.  And, meanwhile liberals are preoccupied with class warfare.    

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 93

Found a couple things that would help explain the NRAGOPers wildeyed support for the latest Republican Taxscam.

First It has language asserting that the provisions of the bill are applicable to zygotes, blastomeres, embryoblasts, and fetus, which the bill labels as "human beings", so the anti-women GOPers will just be wetting themselves with delight. Not sure if that means you can claim a deduction if you miss a period, or if there has to be an actual child involved - no mention if the parent can get a SSN for the zygote.

Secondly, the bill also eliminates a $250.00 deduction teachers could take for the schools supplies they buy for students and class projects, giving a similar moistening to the anti-public education zealots in the NRAGOP.

What some supporters may NOT have noticed is the elimination of the ability to write off the cost of tickets to college sports events as a "charitable contribution".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 93

@Roxanna35wrote:

Are you looking for a job?  I thought you were retired like me.

Both of my children that are and have remained employed since they entered the work force are telling me they are already seeing more money in their check.

The overall improvement in the economy will have many positive effects on the country as a whole.  That said, I don't expect my SSN to be effected.  I do think the Treasury department will have more money to count and I see that as a positive.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 93

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 93

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 9.19.52 AM.png

Yep, it is high time we have a business man in the White House that understands the inter workings of what drives business and JOBS JOBS JOBS!!  

Thank you Mr President, you policies are already working.  Thanks for staying on point and doing what you said you would do.  That's the beauty of an outsider non politician!

Refreshing!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 93

Epster wrote--------------------What? The New York Times?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Democrat leaning rag and the poster is still unwilling to accept the good news.LOL

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors