Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Poll: Most Americans now support GOP tax law

Message 71 of 93

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Roxanna35wrote:

Not   so fast buddy,  I am still waiting on how is going to impact me.

It will save you money. Your big concern was the loss of medical deductions. That's not the case so sit tight and enjoy your new found wealth - compliments of Trump (the guy you voted for in the Primary)!

Many of those previously called Democrats will soon discover the way to keep their (own) money is by electing more Republicans.

Darling,  Medical deductions are not found wealth, they have always been there. I will not  sing along until like I have said, will see how any of this will affect me.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 93

@jimc91wrote:

@Roxanna35wrote:

Not   so fast buddy,  I am still waiting on how is going to impact me.

Are you looking for a job?  I thought you were retired like me.

Both of my children that are and have remained employed since they entered the work force are telling me they are already seeing more money in their check.

The overall improvement in the economy will have many positive effects on the country as a whole.  That said, I don't expect my SSN to be effected.  I do think the Treasury department will have more money to count and I see that as a positive.

So very glad for you. I will still hold my breath and still will wait on how any of this will affect me.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 93

Obama added about $1.2 trillion every year of his presidency. Trump first year added about $600,000 million  or about half of Obama`s average for 8 years. Now the Dems are worried about the national debt? LOL

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 93

Epster wrote-Sorry, @easyed598, that was a joke. In my apparent fog after 4 hour's sleep, I thought it obvious silliness. I just added "JK" which is to say "just kidding"------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry Epster-missed the JK. Still it was surprising that the NYT would report that without putting a liberal spin on it and print the truth  . Perhaps because they are losing so many subscribers they decided to start printing the truth and abandon fake news.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Poll: Most Americans now support GOP tax law

Message 75 of 93

Not Happening said, "It is but Trump contends that the long term return of money to the U.S. and taxes paid on the income increase/bonuses will have a long term benefit. Do you think most people will notice the deficit or their pay stub most?"

One should always expect a Trump Lover to look at things in a very simple manner as opposed to doing a more thorough analysis. That's true here. For the rest of us, let's examine the financial dynamics and we'll start with the stock market. 

Why is the market floundering? Because smart people understand what's happening. They see the nation's debt ballooning under Trump, which means we (the government) will borrow a lot more money. That results not only in a larger debt ratio for the federal budget, it also results in higher credit card rates, higher mortgage debt, and probably higher gasoline taxes, etc. 

Do you think the $3 or $4 extra people see in their paychecks every two weeks will be more important than much higher loan rates on credit cards and mortgages? I don't think so.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Gas Tax Going UP $.25 a gallon to pay for Vicious Rich Republican Tax Cuts for US

Message 76 of 93

@bkohatlwrote:

Republican MASSIVE VICIOUS RICH REPUBLICAN TAX CUTS: Trump got an $11,000,000 Annual Tax Cut, $200,000 a week. If you earn $40,000 you get $200 or $4 a week. Trump and Speaker Ryan are implementing a $.25 a gallon which will cost the average driver $200 to $500 a year. Notice the Republican Math.

Speaker Ryan has called for raising the Social Security/Medicare Eligibility Age to 70. Some members have had meetings with Trump/Ryan and they have said we should raise the age to 75. 

Remember Nancy Pelosi calling the average $1,000.00 tax cut, crumbs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okrhD2Jss_8

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Gas Tax Going UP $.25 a gallon to pay for Vicious Rich Republican Tax Cuts for US

Message 77 of 93

Republican MASSIVE VICIOUS RICH REPUBLICAN TAX CUTS: Trump got an $11,000,000 Annual Tax Cut, $200,000 a week. If you earn $40,000 you get $200 or $4 a week. Trump and Speaker Ryan are implementing a $.25 a gallon which will cost the average driver $200 to $500 a year. Notice the Republican Math.

Speaker Ryan has called for raising the Social Security/Medicare Eligibility Age to 70. Some members have had meetings with Trump/Ryan and they have said we should raise the age to 75. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 93

@Olderscout66wrote:

@jimc91wrote:

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 8.47.34 AM.png

The Republican tax cut law, which once appeared overwhelmingly unpopular, is now supported by a narrow majority of Americans, according to a Survey Monkey poll published in the NY Times.

• Support is at 51% overall (up from 37% in December), 89% among Republicans and 19% among Democrats.

Why it matters: Republicans see selling the tax cuts as perhaps the most important part of preserving the congressional majorities in the 2018 midterms.

https://www.axios.com/poll-most-americans-now-support-gop-tax-cut-law-1519076690-b68e2260-368f-4562-...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

It's the economy stupid...  Yep it still is all about how the Americans' pocketbook is doing and it appears to be doing much better.

Appearances can be deceiving and NRAGOPers always are. Right now people are noticing a couple extra buck in their pockets and it is possible they'll stay dumb enough to not notice what services they are paying more for via the Republican stealth taxes, like fees to participate in public education and road tolls. Democrats need to remind voters where the real benefit went (the 1%) and who will be paying for the increased $1.3TRILLION in extra debt the NRAGOP will be handing them (the 99%) between now and November.

Been to the grocery store lately? Figured out whether or not the 'newbucks' in your pocket are real or not?  I have.  They're not.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 93

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Isn't that the same bill which will add between $1.5 and $2 Trillion to the nation's debt?

It is but Trump contends that the long term return of money to the U.S. and taxes paid on the income increase/bonuses will have a long term benefit. Do you think most people will notice the deficit or their pay stub most?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Poll: Most Americans now support GOP tax law

Message 80 of 93

Isn't that the same bill which will add between $1.5 and $2 Trillion to the nation's debt?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.