Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Poll: Most Americans now support GOP tax law

Message 41 of 93

@john258wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Even the Hillary/Obama cult will be getting their taxes cut. Anyone on the left not want their "crumbs"?

Explain how you have a tax cut when you are adding to the National Debt, and that has to be paid off. What you have is asking others to pay what you get back now later.

Now Trump wants to have a new program in schools where up to 40% of teachers carry guns, and for that they would get a bonus. Well using the 40% figure, and $1,000 bonus that comes to well over 1 Billion per year in new expenses the Federal Govt. would pick up. Yes Trump said the Feds would pay for that. Now explain how that allows a tax cut.

It's really quite simple, john, a tax cut is a reduction in taxes. Don't try to overcomplicate it.

I am amazed to see an increase in popular support when you consider the fact that 47% of American pay no federal income taxes. I wonder how many here who are attacking the tax cuts fall into that catagory.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 93

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Even the Hillary/Obama cult will be getting their taxes cut. Anyone on the left not want their "crumbs"?

Explain how you have a tax cut when you are adding to the National Debt, and that has to be paid off. What you have is asking others to pay what you get back now later.

Now Trump wants to have a new program in schools where up to 40% of teachers carry guns, and for that they would get a bonus. Well using the 40% figure, and $1,000 bonus that comes to well over 1 Billion per year in new expenses the Federal Govt. would pick up. Yes Trump said the Feds would pay for that. Now explain how that allows a tax cut.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 93

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Poll: Most Americans now support GOP tax law

Message 44 of 93

One cannot view the GOP Tax Bill with a narrow lens of middle class taxpayers keeping extra money over the course of a year. One must assess the new GOP tax plan's impact on the economy. This is far too complex for members of Trump's Cult, who prefer keeping it very basic, such as I get an extra few hundred dollars. I'm sorry, but life is more complex than that and a fair analysis actually requires thinking. That eliminates Trump Voters.

If the rising deficit contributes to higher interest rates, as most economists predict, people will pay higher interest rates on a variety of loans. If a middle class family saves about $870 in taxes, but their car loan, mortgage, tuition loan, or credit card loan costs them another $700 - $800 annually (or more), they won't see much of a difference. They might even wind up losing money.

Rising interest rates make the chance of a major stock market correction very high. People will lose a lot more in the market than they saved on their taxes.

But even worse than that, is the fact that our nation's debt will increase by a whopping $1.5 - $2 Trillion Dollars. That is very bad for all Americans.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 93

Not Happening is obssessed with something he calls the "LEFT". I'm not in that group so I have no idea why he keeps bringing it up. I'm dedicated to the truth and using FACTS. Along those lines, NH didn't lie, but he totally distorted the Trump Tax Bill. NH said the average savings is over $1,600. And that's correct if you average a millionaire's almost $70,000 savings with a middle class Americans saving about $870. Yes, the average is around $1,610.

But most people are not millioniares and most people will not be saving $1,610 as NH claimed. That's why I'm LOL at his very biased analysis for the man he idolizes in the White House.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 93

Critical wrote-Therefore, if one saves a $1,000 in taxes, but their car loan, mortgage, tuition loan, or credit card loan costs them another $700 - $800 annually (or more), they won't see much of a difference.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Interests rates low have been artificially low for many years. Most of the loans mention above are voluntary by those who receive them. Getting loans paid off would remedy that . Higher interest rates would benefit those of us(seniors) who have savings accounts and get little interest on our money. Personally, I`m tired of getting 1/2 percent interest on a CD.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 93

@CriticalThinking— it is really sad to know that poor and middle-class Americans will soon be royally screwed over and some of those same poor and middle-class Americans don’t even realize it. In fact, they support the people who will soon be taking their money from them and giving it to the Uber Rich. 

More support for those of us who think that it is important to be educated with regard to political issues before going to that voting booth.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 93

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Not Happening made me LOL, because in true Trump lover fashion, he distorted the numbers. No he didn't lie, but with the average increase number of $1,610, most of that increase goes to the ultra rich. A much more realistic assessment of the GOP Tax plan follows from the same NPR article.

Extremes make averages, and the benefits would be much larger for richer households. A household earning $1 million or more would get an average cut of $69,660, an income bump of 3.3 percent. Compare that with the a tax cut of $870, or 1.6 percent, for the average household earning $50,000 to $75,000.

Keep LOLing while 90% of the people enjoy their (crumbs) lower taxes. The left still doesn't get it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 93

Not Happening made me LOL, because in true Trump lover fashion, he distorted the numbers. No he didn't lie, but with the average increase number of $1,610, most of that increase goes to the ultra rich. A much more realistic assessment of the GOP Tax plan follows from the same NPR article.

Extremes make averages, and the benefits would be much larger for richer households. A household earning $1 million or more would get an average cut of $69,660, an income bump of 3.3 percent. Compare that with the a tax cut of $870, or 1.6 percent, for the average household earning $50,000 to $75,000.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 93

I`ll bet that most of the Dems who are against the tax cut are those who pay little or no  tax at all and  resent those who are happy that they are allow to keep more of their money.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors