Highlighted
Super Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 6

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@smca wrote:

For over a year now, I've opted out of this group's emails but I keep getting them anyway.  Happens whenever I post something.  You can imagine how many of them I receive when it's a busy thread that I posted to.  Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Go to 'My Settings';  'Subscriptions & Notifications'  (to your right); select your preferences as to notifications.  Don't subscribe to any threads.

Finally worked.  Maybe it was the last step I took: clicking "Never" on Notifications (even though I never subscribed to any of the threads).  Whatever, thanks again; I wasn't aware of those settings.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

You are in thw wrong Forum. go to the Technology Forums and get help from the compurter or from the Community help. they will be able to help a lot better. many moderators will answer your questions

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Still getting emails from threads to which I posted.  Reviewed my settings again this AM

• If I understand how to correctly configure them, I would check the box of a subscription choice IF I wanted to receive emails about that thread.  I apparently have no control over the titles that are listed for subscription, just whether the box is checked for any given one.  Anyway, none of the listed subscription titles has a checked box.
  • Although I think I never have been subscribed to any threads (subscription titles), I changed my notification settings all to "Never" rather than whatever the default was.

Besides doing above, I've often unsubscribed to receiving emails via the link provided in the fine print of each email.  Must have done that more than 2 dozen times.  When I've done it, I've often received a response that they already have my reason for unsubscribing.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.  I don't see a way to contact AARP regarding this.  Thanks.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Go to 'My Settings';  'Subscriptions & Notifications'  (to your right); select your preferences as to notifications.  Don't subscribe to any threads.

Thanks Tx; hope it works.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

@smca wrote:

For over a year now, I've opted out of this group's emails but I keep getting them anyway.  Happens whenever I post something.  You can imagine how many of them I receive when it's a busy thread that I posted to.  Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

Politics, Current Events Email Opt-out

Message 6 of 6

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors