Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Political polarization mainly a right wing phenomenon

Message 1 of 9

Comment RE: ..come in and change government.. exactly what Trump is doing-- as he very quickly takes us from a democracy to an authoritarian state. 

Knowing The implications of what we are writing? ( and doing)-- protecting America -- it's poor, it's weak, it's old from a insane control hungry nut job who wants nothing more than to create a military state, further enrich the wealthy--all at the expense of the little guy. 

With regard to Mr. Obama-- were you happy with the total state of economic ruin our country was in at the beginning of his administration, or are you just unwilling to admit America was in deep economic trouble because this happened under a Republican administration? Or did did you just really hate that he brought this country back from the brink?

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

Donald supporter DISRACTION continues.     Had this particular type of blogger had actually read the article, perhaps they could have added to the actual conversation - but nope, they wander away mumbling nonsense.   

Hint:  this is about MEDIA:    

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@pc6063 wrote:

No surprise there.  Said it before, but Republicans got together and began plotting total obstruction of anything Obama wanted to get done, while Mr. Obama was dancing at his first inaugural ball.  That's why he finally started using EOs.  Mitch McConnell, sniveling slime that he has many times proven himself to be, was quoted as saying that his finest moment in office was when he told Trump he would never see Merick Garland get a hearing.  There is a reason that Republicans have earned the name the obstructionist party. 

A very interesting approach. When a President wants to "fundamentally change America" the other supposedly equal parts of government either go along or he is allowed to become a "one man rule" dictator.

I often wonder if those of the left consider the implications of what they are writing.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@pc6063 wrote:

hey alfredpacker--Just read the first article--doesn't the rhetoric from the right it discusses sound extremely familiar?  Seems to me, I've heard many of the very words and phrases noted in the article by some righties right here in this forum-over and over and over again--no matter what evidence, by a multitude of sources is given them.

And, guess it's no surprise--article talks about rag Breitbart as what these naive people pin their hats on. Now the right will come up with some spin to explain this--"FAKE NEWS," or some other worn out ridiculous excuse. 

Good article--very true--very sad--and seen very blantantly here.

Republican's/Conservative's cognitive dissonance will not allow them to actually reason logically, effectively and consistently for a long enough period of time to avoid having the equivalent of a "trumpish" temper tantrum and dismissively reject everything associated with it.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9
the agenda began under Nixon, with the help of J Edgar.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

hey alfredpacker--Just read the first article--doesn't the rhetoric from the right it discusses sound extremely familiar?  Seems to me, I've heard many of the very words and phrases noted in the article by some righties right here in this forum-over and over and over again--no matter what evidence, by a multitude of sources is given them.

And, guess it's no surprise--article talks about rag Breitbart as what these naive people pin their hats on. Now the right will come up with some spin to explain this--"FAKE NEWS," or some other worn out ridiculous excuse. 

Good article--very true--very sad--and seen very blantantly here.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

No surprise there.  Said it before, but Republicans got together and began plotting total obstruction of anything Obama wanted to get done, while Mr. Obama was dancing at his first inaugural ball.  That's why he finally started using EOs.  Mitch McConnell, sniveling slime that he has many times proven himself to be, was quoted as saying that his finest moment in office was when he told Trump he would never see Merick Garland get a hearing.  There is a reason that Republicans have earned the name the obstructionist party. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Thanks, I was quite busy earlier in the day....becoming a Volunteer Deputy Voter Registration person in more than one county requires "field trips" to other Counties in TX..

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Political polarization mainly a right wing phenomenon

Message 9 of 9
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors