Honored Social Butterfly

Polio Recovery

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/a3zbmz/mitch-mcconnell-polio-refused-march-of-dimes-meeting-ove...

Mitch McConnell Refused to Meet With Group That Funded His Polio Recovery

Without the March of Dimes, he might have been among the people with disabilities arrested for protesting the Senate health bill.

Say a charity group helps you recover from polio. Decades later, representatives from that same organization ask to have a word about your bill being drafted in secret that would reportedly gut healthcare for millions, including people with disabilities, while giving massive tax cuts to the wealthy. You might at least hear them out. Some people might even say that you owe them one.

Where did McConnell receive treatment for his polio ?

Warm Springs, the polio treatment center created and paid for by FDR with his trust fund in 1927.

Honored Social Butterfly

All those people that showed up at McConnells Senate Office, those with disabilities that he / his staff called the cops on, who were removed by force, were reminders that Mitch doesn't want to remember.    He is like Ryan, both who benefited greatly because of progressive policies of the Federal Government, want to destroy the social safety net.    These two and people like them make false claims of morality and values that people should embrace....their version of morality is total hypocrisy.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Afisher--Spot on, my friend, SPOT ON!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

GS--Thank you for your post.  Have long disliked McConnell, whom I have always thought was a poor excuse for a human being.  I was wrong, he's not a human being at all.  Seems he is nothing more than a power mongering, hateful, disgusting blob masquerading as a poor excuse for a human.

Honored Social Butterfly

That says entire libraries about the complete and utter lack of quality of character of mcconnell.

44>dolt45
Trusted Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

That says entire libraries about the complete and utter lack of quality of character of mcconnell.

It is really hard to convey sarcasm in written form necessary for the following...try to read it with the maximum imaginable sarcasm in every single letter.

Shakespeare...Hamlet...Act II, Scene 2...1604 Second Quarto.

"What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, 

how infinite in faculties, in form and moving, 

how express and admirable in action, how like an angel in apprehension, 

how like a god!"

'The donald' and 'mitch' truly represent the best in our species, wouldn't you say?

Honored Social Butterfly

Umbarch-- With the most exatreme sarcasm one can imagine, my answer to your question is yes!

Honored Social Butterfly

@pc6063 wrote:

Umbarch-- With the most exatreme sarcasm one can imagine, my answer to your question is yes!

I, too with the most snark possible say yes.

They are what birth control is intended to prevent.

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

AP--Thanks for the laugh, honesty, and truth!! LOL!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png