Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
184
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

184 Views
Message 41 of 264

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


 Another false straw argument....."killed unnecessarily" is VERY subjective.  Is shooting an unarmed man because "I thought he had a gun", necessary?  Was the shooting of Philandro Castile necessary? The answer is "no".  What about the young white male crawling on the ground begging for his life?  Was that necessary?  How about all those armed with a stick?  A rock?  A bible?  The military man in the Alabama mall?  Of course not!!!

 

 


Why don't you tell us which and how many, of those killings was necessary, or how many was unnecessary as Chasky posted?  Is there a reason that these type threads has been posted for some years here?  What are they supposed to tell us?  Do you know what was going through those cops minds when they pulled the trigger?

 

No, not a straw argument, except to someone who is defending his thread, mostly on partisan grounds.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
184
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
168
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

168 Views
Message 42 of 264

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


I can honestly say that only an unintelligent person would read a headline and think they understand much fact.  I can honestly say that the headline is accurate and some want to whine that they are "confused" and use their confusion to attack another.

 


 


Without the headline is accurate, but then it doesn't tell the entire story.  Then again when a poster accuses another of whining, and posting a picture that is unrelated, it should indicate someone who wants to insult.  Or that they can't intelligently discuss a thread.

 

No confusion to someone who has looked at the database and analyzes it to see that there is nothing that says if the killing is justified or not.  If there is any conclusion with these annual threads, it is probably that someone dislikes law enforcement.

 

No confusion here, just an objective analysis of these type threads. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
168
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
160
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

160 Views
Message 43 of 264

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 

The "message" is that 937 have been killed by the police this year. The data base shows that some were killed unnecessarily and that the majority weren't. 

 

 


Ok, how many in the database did you find was (sic) killed unnecessarily and how many wasn't? (sic) Why do you say that the majority wasn't?  You did examine and analyze it didn't you? Another false straw argument....."killed unnecessarily" is VERY subjective.  Is shooting an unarmed man because "I thought he had a gun", necessary?  Was the shooting of Philandro Castile necessary? The answer is "no".  What about the young white male crawling on the ground begging for his life?  Was that necessary?  How about all those armed with a stick?  A rock?  A bible?  The military man in the Alabama mall?  Of course not!!!

 

Since YOU claimed YOU analyzed it....how many were shooting at the police? 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
160
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
164
Views

Re: Police Have Killed Over 937 So Far This Year

164 Views
Message 44 of 264
Lots of bootlickers on this thread.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
164
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
145
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

145 Views
Message 45 of 264

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 

The "message" is that 937 have been killed by the police this year. The data base shows that some were killed unnecessarily and that the majority weren't. 

 

 


Ok, how many in the database did you find was killed unnecessarily and how many wasn't?  Why do you say that the majority wasn't?  You did examine and analyze it didn't you? 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
145
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
144
Views

Re: Police Have Killed Over 937 So Far This Year

144 Views
Message 46 of 264

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

  One of the recent cases of a cop being killed was by friendly fire ( aka shot by one of their own)...does that count.    When someone attempts to argue that the number is "wrong", then how many would they suggest is the accurate number of people shot /killed by police.   

 

https://abc7.com/thousand-oaks-mass-shooting-sheriffs-sergeant-was-killed-by-friendly-fire/4853702/


It isn't a matter of "how many" lumped into one figure. Honesty would require division that separates out the "unjustified". That would give the cop-haters honest information to make their point.


You should do that if you feel strongly enough about it. Or are you just looking for kudo's 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
144
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
135
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

135 Views
Message 47 of 264

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:


 

Regarding the circumstances being found in the details is immaterial, the title leaves another impression.  The title leaves an impression in your mind, not is anyone's mind who reads the title as written and takes it for what it means. This is much like the Grimms fables about a tailor killing seven flies we heard as kids.  Again, in your mind. Anyone reading the actual title for what it means and examining the data base would never compare this to Grimms fables.


 


Could you honestly say that initially looking at the title of the thread that 899 (initial number) killed by police you wouldn't say that the police were trigger-happy?  I can honestly say that only an unintelligent person would read a headline and think they unserstand much fact.  I can honestly say that the headline is accurate and some want to whine that they are "confused" and use their confusion to attack another.

 

And of course the person starting these posts would have a bearing. If I or someone conservative had started these topics, there is no doubt that you would immediately be negative about it.  Again, one demonstrates a lack of tolerance of a differing view AND claims they know what another would post in a hypo-thetical situation.  I would never trust an assumption with one who practices a biased/bigoted view.  Would anyone?

 

No, you are looking at this from a partisan point of view instead of being objective about that figure. LMAO.......you JUST can't make this up......

 

ob·jec·tive 
 
  1. 1.  (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.
     
     
    Image result for shaking head in disgust gif

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
135
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
144
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

144 Views
Message 48 of 264
Not posted..

Just how many of the 899 (killed) were innocent and shouldn't be killed? I would guess not too many. The inference by the title of the thread is cops are shooting people willy nilly.

==================================================================

Cop hate is what you know who has and continues to blame our police for killing that in almost all cases they have to do to protect us and to protect themselves.

There are people killed by..Suicide by cop - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop
Suicide by cop or suicide by police is a suicide method in which a suicidal individual deliberately behaves in a threatening manner, with intent to provoke a lethal response from a public safety or law enforcement officer.

Suicide by cop just happened last week in our small city.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
144
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
141
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

141 Views
Message 49 of 264

@ChasKy53 wrote:


 

Regarding the circumstances being found in the details is immaterial, the title leaves another impression.  The title leaves an impression in your mind, not is anyone's mind who reads the title as written and takes it for what it means. This is much like the Grimms fables about a tailor killing seven flies we heard as kids.  Again, in your mind. Anyone reading the actual title for what it means and examining the data base would never compare this to Grimms fables.


 


Could you honestly say that initially looking at the title of the thread that 899 (initial number) killed by police you wouldn't say that the police were trigger-happy?  And of course the person starting these posts would have a bearing. If I or someone conservative had started these topics, there is no doubt that you would immediately be negative about it.

 

No, you are looking at this from a partisan point of view instead of being objective about that figure.  That is reflected in all your posts.  Its human nature to develop an opinion by looking at the title.  That's why the initial poster and the Washington Post used that as the title of their information.

 

Besides how many here has bothered to look through the database, case by case, to arrive that each circumstance is different and that there was an explanation for each incident?  

 

Did you even bother to put the database into a spreadsheet to see circumstances of each incident?  I doubt anyone here did...I downloaded the database for 2018, opened it in an Excel spreadsheet and isolated the info for armed, whether fleeing, etc. to better analyze the database.

 

Another item to consider is how many law enforcement officers are in this country, how many crimes are committed and other factors. Shouldn't someone with a Quality Control background do similar? 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
141
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
159
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

159 Views
Message 50 of 264

@rk9152 wrote:

 

"...to white America" - what's this are we going from cop-hating to SBLM?

 

The only one's going from "cop-hating" are those unable to think rationally and use their name-calling to attack others.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
159
Views