Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
119
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

119 Views
Message 31 of 264

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The list inaccurately paints a negative picture of the police.

Not if one actually looks at the data base instead of just a total number. That's why links are provided to look at the information in data base.  I know that must be confusing for conservatives and so-called independents.


Why put up a misleading headline and require digging down into the data and making your own lists to determine the truth?

 

It is obviously intended to convey a false impression. 


Why is the truth a "misleading headline" to you? That was the total number of people the police had killed when the topic was posted. Now it is 937. Nothing but laziness prevents a person from looking at the data to determine why. Are conservatives that lazy?


My dad killed a man.  Should we think harshly of him, after all, it is a fact.

 

As to lazy - when one puts up a headline, it usually conveys the message they intend. Others should not be required to delve deep into the stats to get the real meaning. I do not object to "delving". I am commenting on the purpose behind the headline in the first place.


Your dad has nothing to do with this.

 

No one thinks badly of police as a whole, they perhaps feel badly about the ones that unnecessarily shoot and kill someone.

 

The purpose behind the data base is to inform people. The "headline" (actually the title of the topic) is the total number that have been killed by the police this year ...... it is that and nothing more. Too bad blind hatred induces Conservatives to try and read something into it that isn't there.


Of course he does. It illustrates that circumstances not just raw numbers are needed to properly convey an honest message.

 

The headline and topic convey an dishonest message.


"Of course he does"? You can mind read then? 

It has nothing to do with mind reading. It has to do with the importance of details, not just raw numbers. 

 

The "message" is that 937 have been killed by the police this year. The data base shows that some were killed unnecessarily and that the majority weren't. 

Then list and detail the circumstances you think make it unnecessary.

 

Why do you try to extrapolate anything different?  Seems partisan to me.

Cop-hating has nothing to do with politics.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
119
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
143
Views

2018 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 937

143 Views
Message 32 of 264

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 


.LMAO!!!

 Why?  You claimed you did an analysis.  YOU provide the forum with a list of all necessary murders...it would be a much shorter list.


 


When a person keeps inserting LMAO, etc., how can anyone believe they want to have decent discussions? Easy....they should look past their limited view of laughing.

 

But maybe you can explain how refusing to answer questions posed by another contributes to a "decent discussion".

 

Only the cop who pulled the trigger or the authorities who investigated the killing can come close to an answer.  I'm sure that's what you believe, but there are others like their partner or other cops who have worked with the officer, the police chief, the union lawyer.  But this topic has nothing to do with your statement....it's not about what motivated the cops; it's about the final result.  But apparently there are those here who have never been close to such a situation thinks they have the answers.  Can you? I can count to 937...and that's far too many, IMO, killed by the police.  Some, more often than not, Conservatives, prefer to attack the topic, and the topic poster instead of discussing the topic itself.  It's consistent with many topics here.

 

No, the database doesn't entirely reveal whether all of these killings was justified, Of course not, as has been said by most of those who actually understand the topic. but in the minds of some apparently they condemn all.  Yes, in the minds of some, THEY think the database "condemns all police shootings".  It's sad when some ignore the first post and falsely accuse others.  They IGNORE, for their own REASONS, in the first post it states:

 

"Most agree that if a suspect is shooting at law enforcement personnel or others, it's reasonable to shoot the suspect, but in far too many cases, "shooting first and asking questions later" is not warranted or appropriate in a civilized society.  

 

Police work is difficult; some cops make it MORE difficult for the good cops when they "jump the gun" and kill innocent people. 

 

The greatest country in the history of the world should be able to, and must, do better!

 

We should be supporting body camera's on all law enforcement personnel while engaging a "suspect".  We must demand more training on dealing with the mentally ill and de-escalating potentially violent situations.  Shooting a suspect in the back should not be tolerated."

 

So what's your reason for ignoring the above?  Is there something there you disagree with?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
143
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
140
Views

Re: Police Have Killed Over 937 So Far This Year

140 Views
Message 33 of 264

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MIseker posted...

Lots of bootlickers on this thread.

===========================================================
Bootlickers posting in this thread are the ones that defend the criminals.

Gotta admit....I do wonder why some have to make up untruths to make a point. Haven't noticed ANYONE "defend a criminal".  But, there are Fox Viewers who see how making up untruths to attack others works.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
140
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
148
Views

Re: Police Have Killed Over 937 So Far This Year

148 Views
Message 34 of 264
MIseker posted...


Lots of bootlickers on this thread.

===========================================================
Bootlickers posting in this thread are the ones that defend the criminals.

So it continues.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
148
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
161
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

161 Views
Message 35 of 264

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 


.LMAO!!!

 Why?  You claimed you did an analysis.  YOU provide the forum with a list of all necessary murders...it would be a much shorter list.


 


When a person keeps inserting LMAO, etc., how can anyone believe they want to have decent discussions?

 

Only the cop who pulled the trigger or the authorities who investigated the killing can come close to an answer. But apparently there are those here who have never been close to such a situation thinks they have the answers.  Can you? 

 

Have you ever been in such a situation where you had seconds to decide what to do?  

 

No, the database doesn't entirely reveal whether all of these killings was justified, but in the minds of some apparently they condemn all.

 

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
161
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
161
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

161 Views
Message 36 of 264

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:(in blue text)

 

The "message" is that 937 have been killed by the police this year. The data base shows that some were killed unnecessarily and that the majority weren't. 

 

 


Ok, how many in the database did you find was(sic) killed unnecessarily and how many wasn't(sic) How many do you think were killed unnecessarily and how many weren't?  Why do you say that the majority wasn't?  Because the majority were not unarmed, for one thing. But then just being armed doesn't by itself justify being killed either, does it? You did examine and analyze it didn't you? Of course I did, didn't you?  How many that were unarmed do you think were justifiably killed? All of them?


 


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
161
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
170
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

170 Views
Message 37 of 264

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Not posted..

Just how many of the 899 (killed) were innocent and shouldn't be killed? I would guess not too many. The inference by the title of the thread is cops are shooting people willy nilly.

==================================================================

Cop hate is what you know who has and continues to blame our police for killing that in almost all cases they have to do to protect us and to protect themselves.

There are people killed by..Suicide by cop - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop
Suicide by cop or suicide by police is a suicide method in which a suicidal individual deliberately behaves in a threatening manner, with intent to provoke a lethal response from a public safety or law enforcement officer.

Suicide by cop just happened last week in our small city.

Tell me KidBoy2 ......... Is a guy unarmed and running away with his arms waving an attempt at "cop suicide"?  If he was killed running away unarmed by being shot in the back multiple times a "cop suicide"?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
170
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
169
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

169 Views
Message 38 of 264

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:(in blue text)


 

Regarding the circumstances being found in the details is immaterial, the title leaves another impression.  The title leaves an impression in your mind, not is anyone's mind who reads the title as written and takes it for what it means. This is much like the Grimms fables about a tailor killing seven flies we heard as kids.  Again, in your mind. Anyone reading the actual title for what it means and examining the data base would never compare this to Grimms fables.


 


Could you honestly say that initially looking at the title of the thread that 899 (initial number) killed by police you wouldn't say that the police were trigger-happy? I can honestly say that I would not, it would be unintelligent to do so. I never judge a topic only on it's title, do you? And of course the person starting these posts would have a bearing. And why is that? Have you categorized "the person"? If I or someone conservative had started these topics, there is no doubt that you would immediately be negative about it. You're simply wrong about that. Upon going to the information in the data base I would see the same things that I do now, who posted it would make no difference.

 

No, you are looking at this from a partisan point of view instead of being objective about that figure. From what you have said about it making a difference who posted the topic I would say that you are the one being partisan, not me. Read what you posted. That is reflected in all your posts. No, it's not "reflected" in all my posts, it's just what you want to believe. Its human nature to develop an opinion by looking at the title.  Can you show anything at all that validates such an opinion on "human nature"? I think it is what you do so you think others are the same. Guess what .... they aren't. That's why the initial poster and the Washington Post used that as the title of their information. So you know why the Washington post used that as a title? Really?  What did you do ask them? The same thing goes for you erroneously thinking that you know why the poster posted it.

 

Besides how many here has bothered to look through the database, case by case, to arrive that each circumstance is different and that there was an explanation for each incident?  I don't know "how many", but I have looked at most all of it. Yes, cases are different.  Did you somehow assume that all cases are the same?

 

Did you even bother to put the database into a spreadsheet to see circumstances of each incident? I didn't have to "put it into a spreadsheet" to do that, perhaps you did.  I doubt anyone here did...I downloaded the database for 2018, opened it in an Excel spreadsheet and isolated the info for armed, whether fleeing, etc. to better analyze the database. Goo, if you truly did you would see that many were unarmed and should not have been killed or shot to death. "Fleeing" is no reason to shoot and kill an unarmed person.

 

Another item to consider is how many law enforcement officers are in this country, how many crimes are committed and other factors. None of which justifies unnecessary killings, especially of unarmed persons or persons fleeing, especially unarmed ones. Shouldn't someone with a Quality Control background do similar? The data is in the data base. It doesn't need to be put into a spread sheet or excel document to understand it. But ......... if that helps you, fine.


 


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
169
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
173
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

173 Views
Message 39 of 264

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


 Another false straw argument....."killed unnecessarily" is VERY subjective.  Is shooting an unarmed man because "I thought he had a gun", necessary?  Was the shooting of Philandro Castile necessary? The answer is "no".  What about the young white male crawling on the ground begging for his life?  Was that necessary?  How about all those armed with a stick?  A rock?  A bible?  The military man in the Alabama mall?  Of course not!!!

 

 


Shocking that you ignored answering ANY of teh questions above....LMAO!!!

 

Why don't you tell us which and how many, of those killings was necessary, or how many was unnecessary as Chasky posted? Why?  You claimed you did an analysis.  YOU provide the forum with a list of all necessary murders...it would be a much shorter list.   Is there a reason that these type threads has (sic) been posted for some years here?  The problem remains.....  What are they supposed to tell us?  Same thing it does in the first post to the topic.  Why do you ignore it each year?  It will tell you more than you are willing to acknowledge.....Do you know what was going through those cops minds when they pulled the trigger?  LMAO....no, but you must!!! 

 

No, not a straw argument, Yes, it is.  You want to argue everything what the database isn't in your mind.....and of which is totally irrelevant. It would be useful for a person to know what a straw argument is before denying they continue to post one.


 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
173
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
180
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

180 Views
Message 40 of 264

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


I can honestly say that only an unintelligent person would read a headline and think they understand much fact.  I can honestly say that the headline is accurate and some want to whine that they are "confused" and use their confusion to attack another.

 


 


Without the headline is accurate, that makes no sense.......but then it doesn't tell the entire story.  Headlines aren't intended to "tell the whole story; neither is this database.  Why continue to whine about it?  

 

Then again when a poster accuses another of whining, and posting a picture that is unrelated, it should indicate someone who wants to insult. Only to those who make false conclusions based on a "headline".  Just ANOTHER view that is intolerant of the actual facts.  Or that they can't intelligently discuss a thread. How many times does it need to be stated one is assuming incorrectly?  And drawing false conclusions?  Or continues to be intolerant of the facts or another's opinion?  Yet it continues.....

 

No confusion to someone who has looked at the database and analyzes it to see that there is nothing that says if the killing is justified or not.  Of course not....it's not the datbases intention....it's counting deaths.  But you have more than enough information in the database to actually do REAL analysis....

 

If there is any conclusion with these annual threads, it is probably that someone dislikes law enforcement.  LMAO!!!  That would be a conclusion that an intolerant of another view would make.  It's a hoot to read others insist they know why others post what they do.  It's rather pathetic quite frankly.

 

pa·thet·ic
adjective
  1. arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness.

 Pathetic


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
180
Views