Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 937 So Far

Message 21 of 264

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

“You’ll Never Believe How Important an Accurate Headline Is.”

And the headline to this topic is 100% accurate.

So it is with this topic, both here on this forum and on the Washington Post.  The sentence makes no since.  How many that hasn't actually studied the database thinks that police shoots indiscriminately? Who cares what they think?  They can think anything THEY choose to, or they can read the actual first post to the thread.  And what is the purpose of frequently posting these topics ....to provide an update...that's not too hard to figure out.  unless it is to cast  a negative reflection on law enforcement for reason?  Your false assumption is again, misplaced.

So why did you post the same topic two years ago unless it was to cast  a negative reflection on law enforcement? Were you trying to suggest the police shoot indiscriminately?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

Message 22 of 264

@KidBoy2 wrote:
TX posted..

So it is with this topic, both here on this forum and on the Washington Post. How many that hasn't actually studied the database thinks that police shoots indiscriminately? And what is the purpose of frequently posting these topics unless it is to cast a negative reflection on law enforcement for reason?

============================================================

The frequent posting of negative posts and threads about our police indicate that some poster(s) have an agenda and that agenda is to turn people against our police that put their lives on the line 24/7. I say shame on that type of person!

I am saddened that some think all cops are equal....same skills, same demeaner, deserving the same respect.....So Kidboy, what do you think of officer Melendez? Officer Slager?

I find it pathetic that one falsely claims they know what anothers posters "agenda" is......and then falsely states their biased view.  Sure sounds like another poster who isn't tolerant of those who think police can do a better job NOT killing people unnecessarily....or beating others to near death simply because of the color of their skin.  It's worth noting that the cop in the Inkster video above had a history of texting other cops about wanting to beat blacks and asking, "Did you get one tonight?"  Now why would anyone support that behavior?  Is it just because they're a cop?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 264

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"...to white America" - what's this are we going from cop-hating to SBLM?

The only one's going from "cop-hating" are those unable to think rationally and use their name-calling to attack others.

But what has SBLM to do with this? You tell us, you initiated it.  Not name calling - just pointing out the introduction of left wing racism.  This topic has nothing to do with what you want to "introduce".  I believe there is an opportunity to create a new topic if you'd prefer to start one.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 264

@KidBoy2 wrote:

The frequent posting of negative posts and threads about our police indicate that some poster(s) have an agenda and that agenda is to turn people against our police that put their lives on the line 24/7. I say shame on that type of person!

A person has to have some agenda to continually create threads that are designed to reflect negatively on law enforcement officers.  Without a doubt that's the purpose of these type series of threads.  I have to wonder how those espousing these type of threads would react if they were in the same situation these officers are exposed to.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 264
TX posted..

So it is with this topic, both here on this forum and on the Washington Post. How many that hasn't actually studied the database thinks that police shoots indiscriminately? And what is the purpose of frequently posting these topics unless it is to cast a negative reflection on law enforcement for reason?

============================================================

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 264

https://www.newyorker.com/science/maria-konnikova/headlines-change-way-think

“Why Headlines Matter.” “Misleading Headlines Can Lead You Astray.” “How What You Read Affects What You See.” “How Bad Headlines Make Bad Memories.” “Eleven Reasons Headlines Are Important.” “You’ll Never Believe How Important an Accurate Headline Is.”

Those are all possible titles for this piece that I discussed with my editor. And, actually, the one that we picked may be the most important part of this article. By now, everyone knows that a headline determines how many people will read a piece, particularly in this era of social media. But, more interesting, a headline changes the way people read an article and the way they remember it. The headline frames the rest of the experience. A headline can tell you what kind of article you’re about to read—news, opinion, research, LOLcats—and it sets the tone for what follows.

Psychologists have long known that first impressions really do matter—what we see, hear, feel, or experience in our first encounter with something colors how we process the rest of it. Articles are no exception

So it is with this topic, both here on this forum and on the Washington Post.  How many that hasn't actually studied the database thinks that police shoots indiscriminately?   And what is the purpose of frequently posting these topics unless it is to cast  a negative reflection on law enforcement for reason?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 264

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I can honestly say that only an unintelligent person would read a headline and think they understand much fact.  I can honestly say that the headline is accurate and some want to whine that they are "confused" and use their confusion to attack another.

Without the headline is accurate, that makes no sense.......but then it doesn't tell the entire story.  Headlines aren't intended to "tell the whole story; neither is this database.  Why continue to whine about it?  

Then again when a poster accuses another of whining, and posting a picture that is unrelated, it should indicate someone who wants to insult. Only to those who make false conclusions based on a "headline".  Just ANOTHER view that is intolerant of the actual facts.  Or that they can't intelligently discuss a thread. How many times does it need to be stated one is assuming incorrectly?  And drawing false conclusions?  Or continues to be intolerant of the facts or another's opinion?  Yet it continues.....

No confusion to someone who has looked at the database and analyzes it to see that there is nothing that says if the killing is justified or not.  Of course not....it's not the datbases intention....it's counting deaths.  But you have more than enough information in the database to actually do REAL analysis....

If there is any conclusion with these annual threads, it is probably that someone dislikes law enforcement.  LMAO!!!  That would be a conclusion that an intolerant of another view would make.  It's a hoot to read others insist they know why others post what they do.  It's rather pathetic quite frankly.

pa·thet·ic
adjective
  1. arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness.

Pathetic

Another twofer - an irrelevent definition and a giggle.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Police Have Killed Over 937 So Far This Year

Message 28 of 264

@MIseker wrote:
Lots of bootlickers on this thread.

??????????????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 264

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Regarding the circumstances being found in the details is immaterial, the title leaves another impression.  The title leaves an impression in your mind, not is anyone's mind who reads the title as written and takes it for what it means. This is much like the Grimms fables about a tailor killing seven flies we heard as kids.  Again, in your mind. Anyone reading the actual title for what it means and examining the data base would never compare this to Grimms fables.

Could you honestly say that initially looking at the title of the thread that 899 (initial number) killed by police you wouldn't say that the police were trigger-happy?  I can honestly say that only an unintelligent person would read a headline and think they unserstand much fact.  I can honestly say that the headline is accurate and some want to whine that they are "confused" and use their confusion to attack another.

And of course the person starting these posts would have a bearing. If I or someone conservative had started these topics, there is no doubt that you would immediately be negative about it.  Again, one demonstrates a lack of tolerance of a differing view AND claims they know what another would post in a hypo-thetical situation.  I would never trust an assumption with one who practices a biased/bigoted view.  Would anyone?

No, you are looking at this from a partisan point of view instead of being objective about that figure. LMAO.......you JUST can't make this up......

ob·jec·tive 

1. 1.  (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

Image result for shaking head in disgust gif

Another twofer - the giggle and the silly picture.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 264

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"...to white America" - what's this are we going from cop-hating to SBLM?

The only one's going from "cop-hating" are those unable to think rationally and use their name-calling to attack others.

But what has SBLM to do with this? Not name calling - just pointing out the introduction of left wing racism.

Kudos
Views