Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 277 Killed by Police Already in 2018 - 3+ Per Day

Message 261 of 264

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

The term "victim" is viewed by the left as someone who was wronged by the police .  You're mistaken; in fact, how do you know what Liberals think, you rarely, if ever ask them.  Your sure do assume alot about them from what I read here.  Though I'm clearly not a Liberal, I call those in the Washington Posts database victims, victims of police shooting and killing another American.  So were warrented, for sure, but sadly, many were not.  while many on the right view that same "victim" as one that deserves what he got from the police.  And assume they got what they deserved simply because the cops said so.

Many on the police victims list deserved to be shot or killed.  Agreed.  I'm also sure some small numbers were not deserving.  Agreed again.  Yet, 9 were unarmed, 2 were armed with a baseball bat, one had a bb gun, 2 with axes, one had a pipe, one woman had a piece of wood, and one was armed with a threat he was armed and 57 were mentally ill.  All good reasons to kill another person.

Not, the point isn't the "deserving" ones, it's the unnecessary killings.  Don't we value life anymore?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 262 of 264

The term "victim" is viewed by the left as someone who was wronged by the police while many on the right view that same "victim" as one that deserves what he got from the police. Many on the police victims list deserved to be shot or killed. I'm also sure some small numbers were not deserving.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 263 of 264

Meet one of your "victims". He killed his girlfriend, shot her two sons, and engaged in a gun battle with the police. I prefer to see him on your "victims" list than to have seen him win his battle with the police.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/breaking-fla-authorities-kill-accused-gunman-deadly-easter-shoot...

Here's another "victim". In this case the police officers were just doing their job, responding to a call. Sadly, one officer was wounded.

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2018/04/its_just_too_much_mother_says.html

Or how about:

http://www.sunherald.com/latest-news/article207639554.html

Bottom line, don't commit criminal acts, do not pull a gun on the police and your odds of not appearing on cent's "victims" list are pretty darned good.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Police Have Killed Over 937 So Far This Year

Message 264 of 264

Fatal Force - Already, 555 people have been shot and killed by police so far in 2018.  Unfortunately, the pace has NOT slowed down, in fact, last year there were far more police killings than the prior year.  Maybe it's the effect of a President who couldn't care any less about human rights, due process or real justice.

This database at the link below is based on news reports, public records, social media and other sources. Read about our methodology.

2018 database here

Complete 2017 database here

Complete 2016 database here:

Complete 2015 database here

The greatest country in the history of the world should be able to, and must, do better!

We should be supporting body camera's on all law enforcement personnel while engaging a "suspect".  We must demand more training on dealing with the mentally ill and de-escalating potentially violent situations.  Shooting a suspect in the back should not be tolerated.

Shooting someone because, "I thought they had a weapon" should not be an acceptable excuse.

"Fearing for one's life" while 3 or more law enforcement officers have their guns trained on an unarmed, or lightly armed (knife, stick, rock, Bible) suspect should not be tolerated.

and....

Most agree that if a suspect is shooting at law enforcement personnel or others, it's reasonable to shoot the suspect, but in far too many cases, "shooting first and asking questions later" is not warranted or appropriate in a civilized society.  

Police work is difficult; some cops make it MORE difficult for the good cops when they "jump the gun" and kill innocent people. 

Getting the suspect in front of a judge must be a higher priority.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies