Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
144
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

144 Views
Message 1 of 264

@ChasKy53 wrote:


A)   The details are provided for you in the data base.

 

b)   List the details that make you think that all were necessary.

 

c)   Oh really? Have you accused any posters on the Right of being "cop haters"?

 

As clearly stated from the get-go, it is the title I find misleading and used in an offensive way.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
144
Views
Moderator
0
Kudos
162
Views

Re: 277 Killed by Police Already in 2018 - 3+ Per Day

162 Views
Message 2 of 264

Hello everyone,

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

 

Remember that even if you disagree with someone elses opinion, they are entitled to have a differing opinion, and you MUST treat them with respect.

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.
http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
162
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
189
Views

Re: 277 Killed by Police Already in 2018 - 3+ Per Day

189 Views
Message 3 of 264

@Soosie wrote:
So you're saying that trials are no longer necessary in the U.S.@H2OH.....................I think it is pretty hard to set a court date when someone is coming at a Police Officer with a gun, knife or other weapon. Curious.......have any of you ever been a Police Officer? I doubt it.

Have you been a police officer? I have family member that was, do you?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
189
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
190
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

190 Views
Message 4 of 264

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The list inaccurately paints a negative picture of the police.

Not if one actually looks at the data base instead of just a total number. That's why links are provided to look at the information in data base.  I know that must be confusing for conservatives and so-called independents.


Why put up a misleading headline and require digging down into the data and making your own lists to determine the truth?

 

It is obviously intended to convey a false impression. 


Why is the truth a "misleading headline" to you? That was the total number of people the police had killed when the topic was posted. Now it is 937. Nothing but laziness prevents a person from looking at the data to determine why. Are conservatives that lazy?


My dad killed a man.  Should we think harshly of him, after all, it is a fact.

 

As to lazy - when one puts up a headline, it usually conveys the message they intend. Others should not be required to delve deep into the stats to get the real meaning. I do not object to "delving". I am commenting on the purpose behind the headline in the first place.


Your dad has nothing to do with this.

 

No one thinks badly of police as a whole, they perhaps feel badly about the ones that unnecessarily shoot and kill someone.

 

The purpose behind the data base is to inform people. The "headline" (actually the title of the topic) is the total number that have been killed by the police this year ...... it is that and nothing more. Too bad blind hatred induces Conservatives to try and read something into it that isn't there.


Of course he does. It illustrates that circumstances not just raw numbers are needed to properly convey an honest message.

 

The headline and topic convey an dishonest message.


"Of course he does"? You can mind read then? 

It has nothing to do with mind reading. It has to do with the importance of details, not just raw numbers. 

 

The "message" is that 937 have been killed by the police this year. The data base shows that some were killed unnecessarily and that the majority weren't. 

Then list and detail the circumstances you think make it unnecessary.

 

Why do you try to extrapolate anything different?  Seems partisan to me.

Cop-hating has nothing to do with politics.


 


A)   The details are provided for you in the data base.

 

b)   List the details that make you think that all were necessary.

 

c)   Oh really? Have you accused any posters on the Right of being "cop haters"?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
190
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
221
Views

Re: 2018 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 937 So Far

221 Views
Message 5 of 264

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:


The agenda you are referring to is commonly called "cop hater".  And yet you have NO proof of it other than a complicit mind. 

I don't need proof since I am offering my OPINION just as you are! You offered a VERY uninformed and biased opinion about what motivates another person....that you don't know.

 Again, that is your personal biased opinion.

 It is typically a liberal who hates other things but dwells on the thing that irks him the most. Yeah, you are right. 

So we concur!  Only if ignorance and bigotry "irks" you as well.

 What irks me is know nothing liberals who spout off hate every chance they get!

Most think cops killing innocent people and those who are not a threat is worth disgust and disdain; yet so-called Christians and the right-wing extremist seem to embrace it. 

That is YOUR OPINION and most people disagree with it!  Oh, which part do you disagree with?

 

Confusing.  Care to explain with facts or just continue with your ad hominum attacks because you have no facts to contribute?

 You start a thread implying that cops shoot people without cause and you want me to supply facts? That is factually not true.  The only "implication" is that in the heads of the extremely ignorant (of the facts) which is why some can't supply them. 

The facts are MOST of those killed deserved it and those handful of people that were shot that were innocent, I'm sure everyone knows is wrong (maybe the hateful left doesn't care).

The facts are there, in the database. No one has claimed "cops shoot people without cause".....that is a FACT!!!  So why do you claim otherwise???

 

I don't.   You are the one pretending with the title that ALL were innocent and now you tell others to look in the database.  It is you that should look in the database and make your titles more accurate like a few people were accidentally shot by police out of hundreds killed.

 

Look at how many were shot by cops that were truly innocent and then come back with facts!  There is no reason for me to prove your false accusation, that you can't even prove.

 

 

Meanwhile another innocent man was killed by the "shoot first mentality" on Thanksgiving night helping to protect others.

 


 


 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
221
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
237
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

237 Views
Message 6 of 264

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


Mistakes".....killing another human.  Is it just a "mistake" to look for opportunities to beat minorities? Where are the "Christian Values"

 

Now, if you actually wish to have a "civil discussion", what in the commentary placed in the very first post to this topic do you agree with (if anything) and what do you disagree with.  You might find that you may have common ground with those you attack relentlessly.


To engage in civil discussions takes more than just one party.  Agreed as indicated by one who throws out dozens of questions yet rarely, if ever, answers posed to them.  And perhaps you are mistaken about who attacks relentlessly?  And perhaps I'm not.  And what does minorities have to do with the topic?  Well, you raised the issue of minorities in your post, on the exact same topic but different year.  Why was that?  And is this topic, when copies go out looking for minorities to pull over and beat up, it has everything to do with bad, unacceptable policing.  Do you agree or do want to defend the new Christian practice of cops beating minorities just for kicks and giggles?  Are you attempting the 'divide and conquer' method?  LMAO!  You seem to have something against Whites or Caucasians...Yeah, I am against stupid ignorant people of my own race....so what the difference between whites and Caucasians????

 

Regarding these killings by police, can you honestly say that you are aware of circumstances when these killings happened? I do NOT need to be, so your baiting questions is useless.....

 

The impression you are making by your many posts reflecting negatively on law enforcement is that they walk in with guns a' blazing.  Intelligent people know otherwise.  Though:

 

POLICE SHOOT FAR MORE PEOPLE THAN ANYONE REALIZED, A VICE NEWS INVESTIGATION REVEALS

 


Isn't that just adorable - the WaPo doesn't give enough justification for cop-hating so another "source" is sought out.

 

How very "Christian".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
237
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
240
Views

Re: 18 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 899 So Far

240 Views
Message 7 of 264

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

"...to white America" - what's this are we going from cop-hating to SBLM?

 

The only one's going from "cop-hating" are those unable to think rationally and use their name-calling to attack others.


But what has SBLM to do with this? You tell us, you initiated it.  No "us" introduced race as pointed out above. Not name calling - just pointing out the introduction of left wing racism.  This topic has nothing to do with what you want to "introduce".  I believe there is an opportunity to create a new topic if you'd prefer to start one. But it's there and needs to be understood as part of the underlying cop hatred that this topic is based on.


 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
240
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
273
Views

Re: 2018 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 937 So Far

273 Views
Message 8 of 264

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:


The agenda you are referring to is commonly called "cop hater".  And yet you have NO proof of it other than a complicit mind. 

I don't need proof since I am offering my OPINION just as you are! You offered a VERY uninformed and biased opinion about what motivates another person....that you don't know.

 

 It is typically a liberal who hates other things but dwells on the thing that irks him the most. Yeah, you are right. 

So we concur!  Only if ignorance and bigotry "irks" you as well.

 

Most think cops killing innocent people and those who are not a threat is worth disgust and disdain; yet so-called Christians and the right-wing extremist seem to embrace it. 

That is YOUR OPINION and most people disagree with it!  Oh, which part do you disagree with?

 

Confusing.  Care to explain with facts or just continue with your ad hominum attacks because you have no facts to contribute?

 You start a thread implying that cops shoot people without cause and you want me to supply facts? That is factually not true.  The only "implication" is that in the heads of the extremely ignorant (of the facts) which is why some can't supply them.  The facts are there, in the database. No one has claimed "cops shoot people without cause".....that is a FACT!!!  So why do you claim otherwise???

 

Look at how many were shot by cops that were truly innocent and then come back with facts!  There is no reason for me to prove your false accusation, that you can't even prove.

 

 

Meanwhile another innocent man was killed by the "shoot first mentality" on Thanksgiving night helping to protect others.

 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
273
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
280
Views

Re: 277 Killed by Police Already in 2018 - 3+ Per Day

280 Views
Message 9 of 264

@Soosie wrote:

So you're saying that trials are no longer necessary in the U.S.@H2OH.....................I think it is pretty hard to set a court date when someone is coming at a Police Officer with a gun, knife or other weapon. No, it shouldn't be.  The job of the police officer is to apprehend suspects in a crime; not KILL them.  Curious.......have any of you ever been a Police Officer?  Once doesn't have to be a police officer to understand that wrongful and/or unnecessary deaths occur.  Does one have to be a police officer to know you walked into someone else's apartment?  I doubt it.

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
280
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
296
Views

Re: 2018 is Almost Over & Police Have Killed Over 937 So Far

296 Views
Message 10 of 264

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:


The agenda you are referring to is commonly called "cop hater".  And yet you have NO proof of it other than a complicit mind. 

I don't need proof since I am offering my OPINION just as you are!

 It is typically a liberal who hates other things but dwells on the thing that irks him the most. Yeah, you are right. 

So we concur!

Most think cops killing innocent people and those who are not a threat is worth disgust and disdain; yet so-called Christians and the right-wing extremist seem to embrace it. 

That is YOUR OPINION and most people disagree with it!

Confusing.  Care to explain with facts or just continue with your ad hominum attacks because you have no facts to contribute?

 You start a thread implying that cops shoot people without cause and you want me to supply facts?  Look at how many were shot by cops that were truly innocent and then come back with facts!

Meanwhile another innocent man was killed by the "shoot first mentality" on Thanksgiving night helping to protect others.

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
296
Views