Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Plutonomy

Message 1 of 3

It doesn't come as a surprise (to me) the way the ruling-class views us. That's a story as old as humanity itself. I've also heard/read similar descriptions, such as 'peasant class', 'consumer drones', and 'untouchables'. And let's not forget the popular business model centered around the idea of humans as a commodity. Makes a body feel proud.

Ain't it great to have a government that places such a high value on human life?

And still, so many Americans believe that a single political party will magically set things right. If that were true, we'd only need one party.

But then, isn't that what we have now? How far will we have to sink before we finally suit up and strap on the most powerful weapon in our arsenal - the vote. I sure hope it's sooner, 'cuz we may not have a later.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Plutonomy

Message 2 of 3

@smcawrote:

Plutonomy is a word coined by Citibank in 2005 & used in 3 advice/info memos to its very wealthy clients.  It's new to me so I thought some others may have missed it too:  One definition:

• Plutonomy (from Greek πλοῦτος, ploutos, meaning 'wealth', and νόμος, nomos, meaning 'law', a portmanteau of "plutocracy" and "economy") is a term that Citigroup analysts have used for economies "where economic growth is powered by and largely consumed by the wealthy few."

What's especially interesting about the term is that Citigroup has tried to "disappear" their 3 memos on the topic as much as possible.  That's because they were written from the viewpoint of those who enjoy being part of the Plutonomy.  Reading these memos clearly shows the conspiracy against the 99% being planned by plutocrats because that's the only way they can maintain their dominance. 

The 3 Citigroup memos can still be downloaded at:   https://pissedoffwoman.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/the-plutonomy-reports-download/    

Here's an excerpt from one.  Don't you love the last bullet-point: "What could go wrong!"  ?

Screenshot (34).png

Fascinating to hear and see what goes on when 'they' let their hair down, isn't it?  I'd take that as evidence of 'their' real view of 'you' in the 'overall scheme of things'.  That's not what 'they' say for public consumption, though.  Does that make them liars just like 'the donald' or are they one and the same?  You don't have to answer that to me....but I'll bet the audience would like to hear more from you..

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Plutonomy

Message 3 of 3

Plutonomy is a word coined by Citibank in 2005 & used in 3 advice/info memos to its very wealthy clients.  It's new to me so I thought some others may have missed it too:  One definition:

• Plutonomy (from Greek πλοῦτος, ploutos, meaning 'wealth', and νόμος, nomos, meaning 'law', a portmanteau of "plutocracy" and "economy") is a term that Citigroup analysts have used for economies "where economic growth is powered by and largely consumed by the wealthy few."

What's especially interesting about the term is that Citigroup has tried to "disappear" their 3 memos on the topic as much as possible.  That's because they were written from the viewpoint of those who enjoy being part of the Plutonomy.  Reading these memos clearly shows the conspiracy against the 99% being planned by plutocrats because that's the only way they can maintain their dominance. 

The 3 Citigroup memos can still be downloaded at:   https://pissedoffwoman.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/the-plutonomy-reports-download/    

Here's an excerpt from one.  Don't you love the last bullet-point: "What could go wrong!"  ?

Screenshot (34).png

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors