Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pledge of Allegiance

Message 1 of 39

rker321:   Oh  come on,, you mean to say that some people here don't find me adorable?

I think it's safe to say there are some who don't.......some folks are cursed with naturally poor taste, right? Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 39

OlderScout66 wrote

STOP ripping infants from their mother's arms and throwing the children into private, for-profit concentration camps, no matter how much the Trump base love all that, and return to the humane method in place BEFORE Der Trumper slithered into office.

I got to this 1st sentence of your post and just had to let you know something -

Washington Post - 08/14/2016 - Inside the administration’s $1 billion deal to detain Central America...

Private detention facilities have been around for a long time -

As Central Americans surged across the U.S. border two years ago, the Obama administration skipped the standard public bidding process and agreed to a deal that offered generous terms to Corrections Corporation of America, the nation’s largest prison company, to build a massive detention facility for women and children seeking asylum.

The four-year, $1 billion contract — details of which have not been previously disclosed — has been a boon for CCA, which, in an unusual arrangement, gets the money regardless of how many people are detained at the facility. Critics say the government’s policy has been expensive but ineffective. Arrivals of Central American families at the border have continued unabated while court rulings have forced the administration to step back from its original approach to the border surge.

We have a problem, people - had it for a long time - partisan bickering is not the ticket for a solution.

We have to have facilities to hold them until it is on to the next step.  How did this get into the Pledge of Allegiance thread?

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 39

No solution to the moral disaster on our border?

Here's one: STOP ripping infants from their mother's arms and throwing the children into private, for-profit concentration camps, no matter how much the Trump base love all that, and return to the humane method in place BEFORE Der Trumper slithered into office.

The people, young and old, who walked here to flee the war in their country deserve sanctuary, and we can provide it - we took in a 20% increase in our total population to give sanctuary to the Irish who fled famine (a purely economic problem in the eyes of today's Republicans, and unworthy of refugee status) and Germans fleeing civil war (another unworthy justification for GOPers today).

For DECADES we gave the adult refugees an ankle bracelet and a court date, and each year, from 99% all the way down to 96%, of them showed up for their hearings.

It is ONLY because Der Trumper needs to feed the hate of his supporters that the kidnapping of infants and brutalizing of teens has become part of Republican Policy for immigration. Republicans have disgraced our Nation in the eyes of the World. They say its to "keep us safe", but meanwhile, they have so degraded the respect others have for our ability to defend ourselves the Commie Chinese can now direct the deployment of our 6th Fleet, and Der Trumper is powerless to do anything about it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 39

Another angle. It certainly seems that with his self centered love of himself, worship of dictators, his continuing destruction of our nation’s values, and dislike of immigrants, trump would prefer that we the citizens take the Flag, the Pledge of Allegiance, the National Anthem, God Bless America, the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution, push them into the background, then worship and pledge our allegiance to him.

it’s that simple, a wanna be dictator

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 39

Disgust and anger at the way we are treating children in detention is not knee-jerk. They are forbidding things like big sisters from giving little sisters a hug in detention. It’s outrageously vile. You should be outraged too. @tempermental..........All I have seen so far is outrage, no ideas for a solution. Sometimes when people are so outraged, it could get in the way of their thinking process. I see posters complaining that Congress has not fixed this problem. What if they are so outraged they can't think about it and that is their excuse?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 39

@nctarheel wrote:

Have you heard any of the organizations that use "the illegals" complain about "the illegals". Of course not, they are a vital segment of the workforce.

I can't say that I have heard any organization using illegal immigrants complaining about them but I can name one person. Donald Trump.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 39

@Soosie wrote:
@Tex, I don't see how there could be a real discussion when some are so willing to inject hatred for Trump and his cult as they call them, Social Security, (No in this one that I see, but it comes up all the time as a scare tactic.) Some people must be a hoot around the dinner table. I would hate for my mind to get stuck on one cog and not turn on to something else.

There is one liberal/leftist poster here (he still posts and is a firebrand liberal who follows lockstep which way the party wind blows) who years ago kept posting around the Thanksgiving holiday about what it would be like with family members around the table who were Republicans and about discussing politics.  Not sure about his family, but around holiday times we are more interested in getting together than politics.

Our arguments are about who hid the pecan pie for eating later!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 39

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@alferdpacker
Exactly what does
one nation under God , indivisible,
with Liberty and Justice for all.
MEAN?
Does one Nation mean America? or one Nation? .

I bet if every single person on here went to Ancestors.com they would find some foreign blood in them from some other Country. Some immigrant blood, even The Donald does.

"with Liberty and Justice for all"  Too many people parrotting the words to the Pledge conveniently forget this part in living their lives.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 39

@Soosie wrote:
Why would anyone have such a frail allegiance to the flag of our great country that they would allow anything to stand in the way of that allegiance? If this country is not great in some eyes, why would there be a fight to bring so many others in? Looks like some would be fighting to help the ones wanting in to find a better, more suitable country if one does not like it themselves.

Why would anyone have such a frail allegiance to this country that they have to force people to think as they do? The Pledge of Allegiance has nothing to do with partriotism or love of country. One can love and support this country without ever parrotting the words.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 39
@Tex, I don't see how there could be a real discussion when some are so willing to inject hatred for Trump and his cult as they call them, Social Security, (No in this one that I see, but it comes up all the time as a scare tactic.) Some people must be a hoot around the dinner table. I would hate for my mind to get stuck on one cog and not turn on to something else.
Kudos
Views