Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Plaid Shirt Guy at Trump Rally

Message 21 of 73

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Can you answer why someone would go after Trump for campaigning for Republican candidates, but neglect to answer why it is ok for Obama to do the same for Democratic ones?  And using the same tactics by bragging about his accomplishments?  That is the alternative reality.

I am not the one who started complaining about campaign styles...Trump has been accused of campaigning even if he isn't running for anything.  Obama is doing the same as he by campaigning for those up for mid-term election also.  No one has commented on him doing the same...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 73

Apparently some here seem not to know what a campaign rally is.   It is a political rally.   Donald submitted the paperwork for his 2020 run in 2017.   I understand this may be difficult for some to comprehend, but when a 'Campaign Rally" is in the title, that means that people who attend can be screened.   

TBS, the teen was part of a raffle affair at his high school, and he won tickets.    Apparently some seem to believe that a 17 yo would not have a political pov.   The assumptions made by the Campaign and MAGA were incorrect.

Bubble burst, mic drop.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 73

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Can you answer why someone would go after Trump for campaigning for Republican candidates, but neglect to answer why it is ok for Obama to do the same for Democratic ones?

I don't believe dt is campaigning for anyone other than himself.  He opened his 2020 presidential campaign on the the day he was inaugurated, 21 months ago.  To date he has had 35 rallys.  He sells his 2020 products when supposedly out there for others.  All well and good, nothing illegal.  It's just another way to make money for himself.  If you think after the midterms his "campaigning will stop" you would be wrong.

Obama is doing exactly as others have done in support of their parties candidates and their policies.  He is not selling products for himself, he is not lying to the audience.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 73

@mandm84 wrote:

My post speaks for itself and we all know the insult towards one of MY heroes Senator and Veteran John McCain coming from President Trump. The truth hurts sometimes and President Trump supporters carry that on their shoulders. Difficult to call that "fake" news.

How well do you know how Americans that are taken Prisoners of War are directed to conduct themselves?  It has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, but McCain did nothing while a POW that was required from other servicemen.  As far as I know, he wasn't the only POW that followed the instructions of the Military Code of Conduct...  Every military member was instructed in that at the beginning of their military service.

Article 3 states:  "If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy"

Even if McCain had accepted the offer to be released, his being the son of an Admiral, his career and any political life would have been ended.  Think of what his reputation would have gone.  And it would have been a political victory for the North Vietnamese. 

His fellow POWs resisted and was offered no special favors.  But McCain was just doing what the military required him to do if captured, along with what was required of others.

McCain was familiar with the drill as was his fellow POWs.

This has gone way off topic by your post.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 73

My post speaks for itself and we all know the insult towards one of MY heroes Senator and Veteran John McCain coming from President Trump. The truth hurts sometimes and President Trump supporters carry that on their shoulders. Difficult to call that "fake" news.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 73

ucH8X35.jpg

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 73

@mandm84 wrote:

Why would any Patriotic American Citizen , especially a Veteran , support a President who's only heroes are those who dont end up POW's ???

How are you to know who a veteran is supposed to support?  I haven't gotten the memo about that yet.

And what about the comment about POWs, heroes, etc.  Care to explain? What does this have to do with the topic about a guy in a plaid shirt at a Trump rally?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 73

Why would any Patriotic American Citizen , especially a Veteran , support a President who's only heroes are those who dont end up POW's ???

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 73

@alferdpacker wrote:

Thanks - I appreciate the post with content that verifies that I'm on the correct side of history and am posting in favor of those things that are best for the nation and it's coninuing healthful existence...

Still no explanation of why it's ok for Obama to be on the campaign trail for Democrats, and also bragging about his accomplishments in office, but it's not ok for Trump?  You seem to be dancing around that.

Nothing said about your posts.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 73

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Why would any patriotic American Citizen ever consider answering a slanted and disingenuous question that was fabricated in the alternative reality and posed by a trump supporter?

You continue to come across like a true liberal who avoids the topic but instead hurls accusations at those with differing opinions.  Are we now engaging in grade school taunts?

Can you answer why someone would go after Trump for campaigning for Republican candidates, but neglect to answer why it is ok for Obama to do the same for Democratic ones?  And using the same tactics by bragging about his accomplishments?  That is the alternative reality.

Thanks - I appreciate the post with content that verifies that I'm on the correct side of history and am posting in favor of those things that are best for the nation and it's coninuing healthful existence...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors