From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

 

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
80
Views

Re: Period Poverty

80 Views
Message 1 of 48

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Seems the issue is what can and cannot be provided to poor people via Government assistance. When Republicans draw up the list, it's really really long - in this case it would seem too long.

 

Whose business is it if a poor parent decides their teenage daughter's comfort and dignity are worth more than a better grade of hotdogs for the rest of the family? Republicans seem to be answering "The Government must decide, and we'll tell them what the decision must be." And God forbid anything another country does should influence our decisions on what the poor can buy with their Government assistence.


Republicans seem to be answering "The Government must decide, and we'll tell them what the decision must be."

 

Where did comfort and dignity and hotdogs come from? And, more important, where did the above come from?

 

 

Just as Lee Atwater explained about how racist republicans roll in his taped interview in 1981 - republicans/conservatives/trump supporters - to this very day remain dedicated to doing whatever they can do to discriminate against and penalize non-white American Citizens using their rationalized bigotry and prejudice motivated regulations and  legislation...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
80
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
88
Views

Re: Period Poverty

88 Views
Message 2 of 48

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Seems the issue is what can and cannot be provided to poor people via Government assistance. When Republicans draw up the list, it's really really long - in this case it would seem too long.

 

Whose business is it if a poor parent decides their teenage daughter's comfort and dignity are worth more than a better grade of hotdogs for the rest of the family? Republicans seem to be answering "The Government must decide, and we'll tell them what the decision must be." And God forbid anything another country does should influence our decisions on what the poor can buy with their Government assistence.


Republicans seem to be answering "The Government must decide, and we'll tell them what the decision must be."

 

Where did comfort and dignity and hotdogs come from? And, more important, where did the above come from?

 

I'm really missing out on the happy hour today.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
88
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
109
Views

Re: Period Poverty

109 Views
Message 3 of 48

Seems the issue is what can and cannot be provided to poor people via Government assistance. When Republicans draw up the list, it's really really long - in this case it would seem too long.

 

Whose business is it if a poor parent decides their teenage daughter's comfort and dignity are worth more than a better grade of hotdogs for the rest of the family? Republicans seem to be answering "The Government must decide, and we'll tell them what the decision must be." And God forbid anything another country does should influence our decisions on what the poor can buy with their Government assistence.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
109
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
148
Views

Re: Period Poverty

148 Views
Message 4 of 48

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 



Step 1 - open your mind

Step 2 - read my post

Step 3 - think

Step 4 - form a conclusion

Step 5 - type a post

 

The key to an intelligent post.


You still did't answer my question. Do you hate  anyone?


No. Now back to the post you are playing around with - 

 

Got it - things are right or wrong depending on whether a Trump supporter or a Trump hater says it. In other words, to you nothing is inherently good/bad, right/wrong. To make your decision, you first look to see who supports it.

 

Not logical but certainly hate-based.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
148
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
169
Views

Re: Period Poverty

169 Views
Message 5 of 48

@rk9152 wrote:

 



Step 1 - open your mind

Step 2 - read my post

Step 3 - think

Step 4 - form a conclusion

Step 5 - type a post

 

The key to an intelligent post.


You still did't answer my question. Do you hate  anyone?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
169
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
176
Views

Re: Period Poverty

176 Views
Message 6 of 48

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Got it - things are right or wrong depending on whether a Trump supporter or a Trump hater says it. In other words, to you nothing is inherently good/bad, right/wrong. To make your decision, you first look to see who supports it.

 

Not logical but certainly hate-based.

 

 


 


Your words amplify what this country is becoming.  if your like Trump you are a supporter if you don't   you are a Trump Hater.  Come on RK  your bias is really showing.    Hatred,  do you really hate anyone? 


Step 1 - open your mind

Step 2 - read my post

Step 3 - think

Step 4 - form a conclusion

Step 5 - type a post

 

The key to an intelligent post.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
176
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
192
Views

Re: Period Poverty

192 Views
Message 7 of 48

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Got it - things are right or wrong depending on whether a Trump supporter or a Trump hater says it. In other words, to you nothing is inherently good/bad, right/wrong. To make your decision, you first look to see who supports it.

 

Not logical but certainly hate-based.

 

 


 


Your words amplify what this country is becoming.  if your like Trump you are a supporter if you don't   you are a Trump Hater.  Come on RK  your bias is really showing.    Hatred,  do you really hate anyone? 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
192
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
207
Views

Re: Period Poverty

207 Views
Message 8 of 48

Well, SOOSIE it appears Mick doesn't want TO talk about it. I think Mick did answer. Sometimes silence is an answer.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
207
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
223
Views

Re: Period Poverty

223 Views
Message 9 of 48

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

@Mick............what I was saying and now asking is, "What have you PERSONALLY done to help any person with this problem? If it is in your post, I missed it. Posting about it doesn't count as help unless you persuaded some of your fellow posters to help at least one person.


This Thread was never about helping anyone..............................the link provided by the Author is about something happening in Scotland

 

It's a Thread to once again attempt to create and reinforce a MEME already being sourced by Trump - the Trump Cult - Trump TV and the rest of the Republican Party - that we are all going to be seeing ad nauseum................................

 

That first there were Democrats and you know what that means

 

Then came the Liberals and you know what that means 

 

Then came the Progressives and you know what that means 

 

Now comes the Socialists and you know what that means 

 

They all either want what we have or they want Free Stuff

 

No One I know or associate with goes around asking non-elected....... non government Citizens - What Have You Done?

 

People who have more than a Ephemeral association with Empathy - have no reason to keep Score

 

Well, SOOSIE it appears Mick doesn't want TO  talk about it.


Not wanting to Talk About It and being Tired of Talking About It are different......................

 

I talk about it Daily and in case you've missed it - or more Likely Because it's True - I'll say it again

 

"Trump’s notorious base is impervious to reason and immune to irony and is still a deep mystery to many who aren’t Trump supporters."

 

Got it - things are right or wrong depending on whether a Trump supporter or a Trump hater says it. In other words, to you nothing is inherently good/bad, right/wrong. To make your decision, you first look to see who supports it.

 

Not logical but certainly hate-based.

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
223
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
255
Views

Re: Period Poverty

255 Views
Message 10 of 48

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

@Mick............what I was saying and now asking is, "What have you PERSONALLY done to help any person with this problem? If it is in your post, I missed it. Posting about it doesn't count as help unless you persuaded some of your fellow posters to help at least one person.


This Thread was never about helping anyone..............................the link provided by the Author is about something happening in Scotland

 

It's a Thread to once again attempt to create and reinforce a MEME already being sourced by Trump - the Trump Cult - Trump TV and the rest of the Republican Party - that we are all going to be seeing ad nauseum................................

 

That first there were Democrats and you know what that means

 

Then came the Liberals and you know what that means 

 

Then came the Progressives and you know what that means 

 

Now comes the Socialists and you know what that means 

 

They all either want what we have or they want Free Stuff

 

No One I know or associate with goes around asking non-elected....... non government Citizens - What Have You Done?

 

People who have more than a Ephemeral association with Empathy - have no reason to keep Score

 

Well, SOOSIE it appears Mick doesn't want TO  talk about it.


Not wanting to Talk About It and being Tired of Talking About It are different......................

 

I talk about it Daily and in case you've missed it - or more Likely Because it's True - I'll say it again

 

"Trump’s notorious base is impervious to reason and immune to irony and is still a deep mystery to many who aren’t Trump supporters."

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
255
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors