It’s open enrollment season for Affordable Care Act health insurance! Here are 11 things you need to know.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Period Poverty

Message 31 of 48

@rker321 wrote:

Gail  you are a very nice lady, and I have respected your opinions many times on this one I am sorry but you blew it. so just move on. and let it go.

Well, I initially thought it would be an easy opinion answer to the question - course then ya' gotta determine what program - or maybe a brand new program - if a subsidy is needed..

Oh, it has been discussed before here - remember the "pink tax"

Huffinton Post 05/18/2015 Here’s How Much A Woman’s Period Will Cost Her Over A Lifetime

finalperiod

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 48

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Have to wonder how the men on this thread could be telling women about sanitary napkins?  Unless of course they personally have a need for them? 

Just saying...........

Tx  I just gave you a kudo. you really hit it, that is conversation for females unless the males now use Tampax

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 48

Have to wonder how the men on this thread could be telling women about sanitary napkins?  Unless of course they personally have a need for them? 

Just saying...........

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 48

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

I know what my grandmother did and what my mother did also in the beginning before such products were readily available.

So what about our female college students?  They say they need free birth control - think they need this too?

What about others that are in the throws of poverty and are still menstruating?

NYT 08/29/2018 - Scotland to Provide Free Sanitary Products to Students

A parttime job on or off campus does help pay for incidentals.

Do we need a subsidy or a manufacturers program for low/no cost supplies for these female indigent?

I've read this over a few times and I'm still a little in the dark about what your point is - the entire thing seems far-fetched and quite absurd................................so I hope you keep that in mind when you're reviewing my response - it's made with the same intent as this post

Hysterectomy at Puberty for all Females living in the USA

This would solve all the Arguments over who gets nominated for the Supreme Court and why - it would also allow female indigents living in Poverty to concentrate their resources on things like Vision & Dental Hygene...................the Little Sisters of Mercy and Hobby Lobby could spend their extra savings on supporting Homophobic Bakers........................

Well, in closing - I think there are many more problems solved than created with this approach and I beleive I've certainly made my point........................................

If you want to suggest the way to solve problems is by cutting of Noses to Spite Faces - I'm down

Sorry, I had no idea that it would be this confusing - thought the link said it all.

I really didn't think about it as a problem - the cost of sanitary products for females in college.

Let's not get into the ridiculous.  Rags would still be a cheap alternative - external use so there is not a problem with Toxic Shock.  Many women had to come up with something before the invent of sanitary products (thank goodness for ingenuity and capitalism) - Wonder who invented them??

Gail  you are a very nice lady, and I have respected your opinions many times on this one I am sorry but you blew it. so just move on. and let it go.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 48

@mickstuder wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

I know what my grandmother did and what my mother did also in the beginning before such products were readily available.

So what about our female college students?  They say they need free birth control - think they need this too?

Do we need a subsidy or a manufacturers program for low/no cost supplies for these female indigent?

I've read this over a few times and I'm still a little in the dark about what your point is - the entire thing seems far-fetched and quite absurd................................so I hope you keep that in mind when you're reviewing my response - it's made with the same intent as this post

This would solve all the Arguments over who gets nominated for the Supreme Court and why - it would also allow female indigents living in Poverty to concentrate their resources on things like Vision & Dental Hygene...................the Little Sisters of Mercy and Hobby Lobby could spend their extra savings on supporting Homophobic Bakers........................

Well, in closing - I think there are many more problems solved than created with this approach and I beleive I've certainly made my point........................................

If you want to suggest the way to solve problems is by cutting of Noses to Spite Faces - I'm down

Sorry, I had no idea that it would be this confusing - thought the link said it all.

I really didn't think about it as a problem - the cost of sanitary products for females in college.

Let's not get into the ridiculous.  Rags would still be a cheap alternative - external use so there is not a problem with Toxic Shock.  Many women had to come up with something before the invent of sanitary products (thank goodness for ingenuity and capitalism) - Wonder who invented them??

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 48

@Soosie wrote:
I see sanitary products as a necessity for "good health" My, My, My, Cent. Most of us don't use them anymore. We are seniors you know.

I didn't say, my good health, or yours. 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 48

@GailL1 wrote:

@Centristsin2010

Never heard anything about some sanitary products being Unsafe except something about blood clots when using some brand years and years and years ago- Sorry memory is fuzzy when I go that far back.

Why, of course, my grandmother and mother used something else - RAGS

Nay, my grandmother would have never had an abortion - to her, the more kids the better - for cheap labor on the farm.  Sorry that was the way she was - and had quite the crew.  Course she also took care of several them in their adult life, she was a senior, when they could not cope.

Gail  I am glad that you clarify your post regarding other issues that had nothing to do with  birth control. I guess in a way your mother and grandmother in the farm used products that are not in the market these days.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 48

@Centristsin2010

Never heard anything about some sanitary products being Unsafe except something about blood clots when using some brand years and years and years ago- Sorry memory is fuzzy when I go that far back.  Came back to edit and add - I remember now - TSS - Toxic Shock Syndrome. Remember ?

Why, of course, my grandmother and mother used something else - RAGS

Nay, my grandmother would have never had an abortion - to her, the more kids the better - for cheap labor on the farm.  Sorry that was the way she was - and had quite the crew.  Course she also took care of several them in their adult life, she was a senior, when they could not cope.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 48

@sp362 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Like all drugs, the price has increased far faster than the rate of inflation.  The cost of birth control pills now are roughly 6 times what they were in the mid-sixties in inflation adjusted dollars.

This article nor this thread is about birth control.

Then why are these lines in your first post:

"I know what my grandmother did and what my mother did also in the beginning before such products were readily available.

So what about our female college students?  They say they need free birth control - think they need this too?"

You need to explain to me how your comment is not "about birth control".

Please read my initial post again - Here I will repost it here again for you:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 48

@GailL1 wrote:

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: