Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pence's Panties In A Wad!

Message 1 of 42

It is pretty funny to read all the White Nationalist faux outrage and supporting the PLANNED Walkout by Veep.     It was a PR stunt and yet some don't seem to comprehend that.      That isn't me, that is Donald saying in a tweet that it was this PR stunt was his idea...( hint: a not so subtle jab that his VP isn't smart enough to come up with it on his own) ....

How can anyone deny that - don't they read / follow Donald's tweets, which are part of the official government record.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 42

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Quite patriotic of you. Some seem to forget that Presidents come and Presidents go but this is still the United States of America. Some are willing to disparage it merely because of who happens to be President at the time.

I remind you the "take a knee" predated the Trump Presidency

Disingenuous. The "take a knee" under discussion is Kaepernick protesting the treatment of Blacks by "taking a knee". Anything else you refer to in "taking a knee" is disingenuous and not related at all to this topic.

Is it your point that when anyone else "takes a knee" it isn't part of this discussion?

And again, Kaepernick "took a knee" during the Obama Administration.

So, what is "disingenuous and not related"??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

Quite patriotic of you. Some seem to forget that Presidents come and Presidents go but this is still the United States of America. Some are willing to disparage it merely because of who happens to be President at the time.

Disingenuous. The "take a knee" under discussion is Kaepernick protesting the treatment of Blacks by "taking a knee". Anything else you refer to in "taking a knee" is disingenuous and not related at all to this topic.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

Finally, Kaepernick who started this and others have stated that it is about "the nation" - and it is "the nation's" flag being offended.

No ............ most who are "offended" are either racist bigots or are grossly uninformed over what Kaepernick and others kneeling are protesting, it has nothing to do with "the flag" or "servicemen and women".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

From what I hear, more Service Members supported President Trump than Hillary. So, is it your point that our Service Members (past and present) are stupid?

Personally, I am glad to see the Veep react to this disrespect to our flag and our Nation.

As to your focus on President Trump - surely you remember that the "take a knee" began under Obama.

"From what I hear" is how you started your spiel. Where'd you hear it at?

Most all of the Alt-Right are glad that Pence handled it the way he did.

The "take a knee" in this started with Kaepernick since tRump came into office.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Everyone know Pence goes commando... so it's fake news.

Expect all teams to (eventually) require standing out of respect or stay off the field.

Keep politics out of football.

That is all.

If you want to keep politics out of football why do you keep pushing it in? 

Because its another shiny thing to divert the lofo Republican base from the fact they elected another draft-dodging, gutless, warmongering preppytwit as POTUS.

Just the latest version of that long-time GOPergame of 'LOOK OVER THERE!!"

Now that you have answered for snoopy, possibly you can deal with an issue for yourself. 

There are two aspects of this issue:

1) The opinion of some that blacks are mistreated by the police and it needs addressing;

2) While we are not perfect as a nation we are mighty good and, as such, the symbols of our nation should be respected.

Now, which of those do you consider to  be no more than merely "another shiny thing"??

Let me answer - your number 2 is merely "another shiny thing".

And I will remind you that taking a knee during the National Anthem does not disrespect the flag or military or nation.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Expect all teams to (eventually) require standing out of respect or stay off the field.

That is all.

Because its another shiny thing to divert the lofo Republican base from the fact they elected another draft-dodging, gutless, warmongering preppytwit as POTUS.

Now that you have answered for snoopy, possibly you can deal with an issue for yourself. 

1) The opinion of some that blacks are mistreated by the police and it needs addressing;

2) While we are not perfect as a nation we are mighty good and, as such, the symbols of our nation should be respected.

Now, which of those do you consider to  be no more than merely "another shiny thing"??

I remind you that SCOTUS - who tells us what the law IS - has ruled that the flag may be Constitutionally and Lawfully trod upon, excreted upon, burned and otherwise used as desired in Constitutional First Amendment Protected Free Speech Demostrations and Protests.

So how do you deal with the fact that SCOTUS decisions defining Constitutional Law regarding the flag - a symbol - have done so in a manner contrary to your "shiny thing" - the allegation that - "the symbols of our nation should be respected"?

Who is the ultimate authority - SCOTUS?  liar trump?  you?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 42

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

That is all.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

That is all.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 42
The league is pushing... not me, it's my opinion. I just want players to show respect, is that political? I also stand for the Canadian anthem and flag, out of respect.

Politics and sports don't mix and generally spaking politics doesn't mix well with anything... unless you're a Russian judge at the Olympics.

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views