Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi tells Dems she wants to see Trump ‘in prison’

Message 21 of 92

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
that's funny Not because over 1,000 former Prosecutors said crimes were committed. Ooops. Your just putting Barr's spin on it which doesn't pass muster. Sorry about that. Once again, you ignore the facts, which isn't our problem.

But what is the crime?  You still have not said what you want him in prison for.

All the left has is: "just look at the Mueller report".  We have, we have - there is no list of crimes.

Here you go. One list of crimes for your reading pleasure.  I love when you give me the easy ones. 

I also love it when you use "VOX" the left wing rag.  I didn't see any crimes when I looked at your rag!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 92

@CriticalThinking wrote:

JImC is complelely missing the point of this legal argument and focusing on the trivial. Later today I'm going to explain why his question is trivial.

But since he keeps asking, let's provide an answer to this unimportant question. 

• Scooter Libby
  • Martha Stewart

They both committed purjury by lying to the FBI.

They both took illegal actions and were prosecuted.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 92

Asked and answered. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Pelosi tells Dems she wants to see Trump ‘in prison’

Message 24 of 92

JImC is complelely missing the point of this legal argument and focusing on the trivial. Later today I'm going to explain why his question is trivial.

But since he keeps asking, let's provide an answer to this unimportant question. 

• Scooter Libby
  • Martha Stewart
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 92

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Mueller Report: 10 Examples of Obstruction of Justice where over 800 Former Federal Prosecutors agreed, Trump would be charged with "Obstruction of Justice" if he wasn't the President. 

• PRESSURE ON COMEY TO END PROBE OF MICHAEL FLYNN
  • PRESIDENT’S REACTIONS TO THE CONTINUING RUSSIA INVESTIGATION
  • FIRING OF COMEY AND AFTERMATH
  • APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COUNSEL AND EFFORTS TO REMOVE HIM
  • FURTHER EFFORTS TO CURTAIL THE SPECIAL COUNSEL’s INVESTIGATION
  • ADDITIONAL EFFORTS TO HAVE SESSIONS TAKE CONTROL OF INVESTIGATION
  • TRUMP ORDERS WHITE HOUSE COUNSEL TO DENY THAT PRESIDENT TRIED TO FIRE MUELLER
  • TRUMP’S ACTIONS TOWARD, FLYNN, MANAFORT AND OTHER POSSIBLE WITNESSES
  • TRUMP ACTIONS TOWARD MICHAEL COHEN

You are still dodging my question .

Please cite a legal case that has been successfully prosecuted for what you call Obstruction using your above items as the criteria.

This makes the third time I have asked you to provide such and you never even mention it.  Instead you use bullet points that you copy and paste from somewhere without attribution so I can only assume you are making it up.

Where is the legal precedent to back up your accusation that the President committed obstruction concerning something that never even happened.

I am still waiting...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 92

@jimc91  

Still doubt you read it, since you think it’s political garbage. Mueller wrote it very precisely as an evidentiary brief, and provided legal analysis on each point.

I will go through one charge step by step. But there is sufficient evidence to charge trump with obstruction of justice for trying to fire Mueller, trying to impede Mueller’s investigation, and trying to get Don McGahn to lie about Trump’s trying to fire Mueller. Other lawyers think there’s more. There are up to 10 instances where Trump attempted to obstruct justice that could conceivably be prosecuted.  Three instances are what I feel comfortable with.

First, the structure of volume 2 is Important. Mueller provides context as to why he won’t press charges, even though the evidence does not exonerate Trump.

B51EF9E4-F4DC-469F-802A-C58E74CAC87B.jpeg

522802E6-F10B-49EE-938F-62F80660DA06.jpeg

This is his use of prosecutorial discretion. . The thing so many conservatives asserted prosecutors don’t have on immigration cases, trying to justify Sessions’ zero tolerance policy. But I digress.

PLEASE NOTE HOW MUELLER STATES TRUMP DOES NOT HAVE IMMUNITY AFTER LEAVING OFFICE AND THIS INVESTIGATION PRESERVES EVIDENCE WHILE IT IS FRESH. 

Next, he defines obstruction of justice, provides legal cites, and lays out the framework of his analysis. Each incident is reviewed by evidence, the obstructive act, the nexus to an official proceeding, and then intent.

FBF904B3-2D58-4CB6-A95A-DA1655146E6D.jpeg19333454-CAA7-4420-A91B-3605A74DC481.jpeg

And finally how it relates to his attempt to fire Mueller.

2F2A1EDE-BE45-454F-83FB-EE5F032ADCCD.jpeg852EA7C6-EC61-4715-A8F2-1660A7B5B2E5.jpeg316B53DB-D034-416A-A5B9-7C5F79DAEEE6.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 92
now let us see if Jim and friends even bother to read your post Critical. Not saying it will sink in, but let us see if they even read your list of facts.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Pelosi tells Dems she wants to see Trump ‘in prison’

Message 28 of 92

Mueller Report: 10 Examples of Obstruction of Justice where over 800 Former Federal Prosecutors agreed, Trump would be charged with "Obstruction of Justice" if he wasn't the President. 

• PRESSURE ON COMEY TO END PROBE OF MICHAEL FLYNN
  • PRESIDENT’S REACTIONS TO THE CONTINUING RUSSIA INVESTIGATION
  • FIRING OF COMEY AND AFTERMATH
  • APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COUNSEL AND EFFORTS TO REMOVE HIM
  • FURTHER EFFORTS TO CURTAIL THE SPECIAL COUNSEL’s INVESTIGATION
  • ADDITIONAL EFFORTS TO HAVE SESSIONS TAKE CONTROL OF INVESTIGATION
  • TRUMP ORDERS WHITE HOUSE COUNSEL TO DENY THAT PRESIDENT TRIED TO FIRE MUELLER
  • TRUMP’S ACTIONS TOWARD, FLYNN, MANAFORT AND OTHER POSSIBLE WITNESSES
  • TRUMP ACTIONS TOWARD MICHAEL COHEN
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 92

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

By all means point it out!  Give the page number and the "crimes" you guys keep talking about.  

How can obstruction be perpetrated on something that did not happen?  It's not illegal to think, suggest, or discuss or be angry and talk with your attorney.  There must be an "Actionable event that he carried out or performed" and there are none.  No obstruction of Justice happened.

Remember in America a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.  The burden of proof is on the prosecution not on the individual.

While you are doing your research, (i have already done mine) please point to a legal case where "Obstruction of Justice" was successfully prosecuted on such a crime.

I anxiously await your full response.  BTW I have read the entire Mueller Report.  Part 2 is nothing more than political garbage IMO.

Sigh, man embezzles $20K from his employer. When the police show up with a warrant for his hard drive, he formats the drive before they get to his cubicle, police do not have enough evidence to charge him with the initial crime but can certainly charge him with obstructing justice. 

Key sentence in your scenario... Man Embezzles.  An action word.  Look through part 2 of the Mueller report and you will find no actions that Trump took.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 92

@jimc91 wrote:

By all means point it out!  Give the page number and the "crimes" you guys keep talking about.  

How can obstruction be perpetrated on something that did not happen?  It's not illegal to think, suggest, or discuss or be angry and talk with your attorney.  There must be an "Actionable event that he carried out or performed" and there are none.  No obstruction of Justice happened.

Remember in America a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.  The burden of proof is on the prosecution not on the individual.

While you are doing your research, (i have already done mine) please point to a legal case where "Obstruction of Justice" was successfully prosecuted on such a crime.

I anxiously await your full response.  BTW I have read the entire Mueller Report.  Part 2 is nothing more than political garbage IMO.

Sigh, man embezzles $20K from his employer. When the police show up with a warrant for his hard drive, he formats the drive before they get to his cubicle, police do not have enough evidence to charge him with the initial crime but can certainly charge him with obstructing justice. 

You need to find a new source for your legal opinions. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors