Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi tells Dems she wants to see Trump ‘in prison’

Message 11 of 92
a "cakewalk"???? You mean like 2018 was for the GOP Jim??? OOOPS!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 92

There is NO OBSTRUCTION...

Good luck trying to resurrect that dead horse...  You guys are going to make the 2020 election a cake walk.

BTW... Have you guys leaned on Nadler enough for him to get Mueller in front of the committee?  That needs to happen.  You can use your effort to create obstruction (where there is none) evidence to  hear testimony from Mueller in order to "Get Trump".

Go for it.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 92

CriticalThinking:  JImC is complelely missing the point of this legal argument and focusing on the trivial. Later today I'm going to explain why his question is trivial.

Yep, focusing on the trivial is a great way to put it. It's all perfectly reasonable and logical inside the bubble they inhabit, but will be laughed out of court in the real world. When the real world finally catches up with them it won't even matter because they'll just jump straight into a whole new slew of conspiracies explaining how they've been victimized by the deep state etc.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 92

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@jimc91  

Still doubt you read it, since you think it’s political garbage. Mueller wrote it very precisely as an evidentiary brief, and provided legal analysis on each point.

I will go through one charge step by step. But there is sufficient evidence to charge trump with obstruction of justice for trying to fire Mueller, trying to impede Mueller’s investigation, and trying to get Don McGahn to lie about Trump’s trying to fire Mueller. Other lawyers think there’s more. There are up to 10 instances where Trump attempted to obstruct justice that could conceivably be prosecuted.  Three instances are what I feel comfortable with.

First, the structure of volume 2 is Important. Mueller provides context as to why he won’t press charges, even though the evidence does not exonerate Trump.

B51EF9E4-F4DC-469F-802A-C58E74CAC87B.jpeg

522802E6-F10B-49EE-938F-62F80660DA06.jpeg

This is his use of prosecutorial discretion. . The thing so many conservatives asserted prosecutors don’t have on immigration cases, trying to justify Sessions’ zero tolerance policy. But I digress.

PLEASE NOTE HOW MUELLER STATES TRUMP DOES NOT HAVE IMMUNITY AFTER LEAVING OFFICE AND THIS INVESTIGATION PRESERVES EVIDENCE WHILE IT IS FRESH. 

Next, he defines obstruction of justice, provides legal cites, and lays out the framework of his analysis. Each incident is reviewed by evidence, the obstructive act, the nexus to an official proceeding, and then intent.

FBF904B3-2D58-4CB6-A95A-DA1655146E6D.jpeg19333454-CAA7-4420-A91B-3605A74DC481.jpeg

And finally how it relates to his attempt to fire Mueller.

2F2A1EDE-BE45-454F-83FB-EE5F032ADCCD.jpeg852EA7C6-EC61-4715-A8F2-1660A7B5B2E5.jpeg316B53DB-D034-416A-A5B9-7C5F79DAEEE6.jpeg

Seems you missed my response? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 92
so is paying hush money to women in order to influence the outcome of an election Jim. Hello!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Pelosi tells Dems she wants to see Trump ‘in prison’

Message 16 of 92

JImC is complelely missing the point of this legal argument and focusing on the trivial. Later today I'm going to explain why his question is trivial.

But since he keeps asking, let's provide an answer to this unimportant question. 

• Scooter Libby
  • Martha Stewart

Both were sucessfully charged with "Obstruction of Justice", even though there was no underlying crime.

JimC said, "The crimes they committed was purjury! That is a CRIME!"

Perjury was only ONE of the crimes Libby committed.

Scooter Libby, a top adviser to Dick Cheney who held a slew of positions in the other Bush administration, was convicted of obstruction of justice, perjury, and making false statements during the Federal Bureau of Investigation's look into the Plame affair.

Martha Stewart is perhaps the most famous example—in 2004 she was found guilty of "obstruction of justice" during an investigation into whether she engaged in insider trading of a biotech stock.

In both the Libby and Stewart cases, there was no underlying crime.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 92

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I cannot explain why Trump Lovers do not read the words I wrote. Let me try again. 

JImC is complelely missing the point of this legal argument and focusing on the trivial. Later today I'm going to explain why his question is trivial.

But since he keeps asking, let's provide an answer to this unimportant question. 

• Scooter Libby
  • Martha Stewart

Both were sucessfully charged with "Obstruction of Justice", even though there was no underlying crime.

The crimes they committed was purjury! That is a CRIME!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 92

I cannot explain why Trump Lovers do not read the words I wrote. Let me try again. 

• Scooter Libby
  • Martha Stewart

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 92

@jimc91 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Mueller Report: 10 Examples of Obstruction of Justice where over 800 Former Federal Prosecutors agreed, Trump would be charged with "Obstruction of Justice" if he wasn't the President. 

• PRESSURE ON COMEY TO END PROBE OF MICHAEL FLYNN
  • PRESIDENT’S REACTIONS TO THE CONTINUING RUSSIA INVESTIGATION
  • FIRING OF COMEY AND AFTERMATH
  • APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COUNSEL AND EFFORTS TO REMOVE HIM
  • FURTHER EFFORTS TO CURTAIL THE SPECIAL COUNSEL’s INVESTIGATION
  • ADDITIONAL EFFORTS TO HAVE SESSIONS TAKE CONTROL OF INVESTIGATION
  • TRUMP ORDERS WHITE HOUSE COUNSEL TO DENY THAT PRESIDENT TRIED TO FIRE MUELLER
  • TRUMP’S ACTIONS TOWARD, FLYNN, MANAFORT AND OTHER POSSIBLE WITNESSES
  • TRUMP ACTIONS TOWARD MICHAEL COHEN

You are still dodging my question .

Please cite a legal case that has been successfully prosecuted for what you call Obstruction using your above items as the criteria.

This makes the third time I have asked you to provide such and you never even mention it.  Instead you use bullet points that you copy and paste from somewhere without attribution so I can only assume you are making it up.

Where is the legal precedent to back up your accusation that the President committed obstruction concerning something that never even happened.

I am still waiting...

You must have a lot of patience. You will get no answer, or an answer to a question you didn't ask, or some gibberish that makes no sense to anyone.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 92

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"All the left has is: "just look at the Mueller report".  We have, we have - there is no list of crimes."

The above is a perfect example of the huge divide between the real world and Trump Lovers.

Yes, there is a big divide between the radical left who hates Trump and the people who support him since he is trying to do what was promised.

"Donald Trump would have been charged with obstruction of justice if he wasn’t president, based on evidence described in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report, according to a statement signed by hundreds of former federal prosecutors."

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors