Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migrant Child Separ

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 81 of 94

As a vicious Democrat, I am really enjoying that the chaos the Trump/GOP  is causing the county is finally making the  lead stories of even Fox News.  You can only hide immorality, incompetence, and treason but so long. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 82 of 94

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Here is something that has not been covered so far on the people seeking asylum, and crossing the border. If you cross the border it is a misdemeanor the first time. That is like a speeding ticket not jail time.

For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both.  For a subsequent offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, I.N.A. Section 275.)

The key words, "CAN BE".....and it's not even in the fine print....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 94

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

This shows she does not know that the law has been on the books for long before Trump...she shows how stupid she is.

It is very sad when children are separated from their mothers but it happen every day with legal citizens that break our laws...mothers that lose their children for dealing drugs...driving drunk...and on and on.  They break our laws and lose their children...I guess that is OK but illegals breaking our laws is is not.  

You are so wrong. There is no "law on the books" that says children should be separated form their parents, and especially not tobe put into tents.  This is happening because of trump's policies ........ try to at least keep up with reality.

You try and compare parents who deal drugs with  someone entering illegally. Dealing drugs is a serious criminal offense, entering illegally is a misdemeanor. So I guess herding children into tents in the heat of the Southwest is the right thing to do? Get real KidBoy !!!

The law has existed (but not enforced) for many years. If you commit a crime, your kids are taken also as a citizen unless the spouse is able to care for them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/children-separated-trump-immigration-p...

Kidboy is right and you're wrong again!

No you are wrong. There is no law on the books telling us that. I explained this before that there was one judge who ruled in one case some years ago, and that has been worked around until now. It is Trump who put these regs into place and even your support article tells us that. Most of the people we are talking about are asking for asylum and have followed the law by presenting them selves at a border crossing station as required by law. I explained this before. You have no understanding of this subject just like the other far right enablers. This country is in the process of being destroyed by the far right under Trump. People better wake up to what they are doing. The German people did not and Hitler got full power throught his enablers and look what happended to Germany and the world.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 94

The answer is an easy one. Americans have always had a Democratic system they are accustomed not to have to fight for their freedom or their democracies so, they simply sit and wail to see if all of this gets resolved.
But yes, this is the time to act. become an activist.
Go to the colleges and Universities and help register  students so they can vote when the time comes.

Go and help bring people to the voting booths, help people get the appropriate documents so they can vote when the time comes
Call  Republican Senators and House member and tell them that you expect their accountability in thie actions. 
Don't sit still, write letters to the paper editor, go to town hall meeting. do whatever you can to see if we can all help to stop this anomaly that we are all experiencing.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 94

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Here is something that has not been covered so far on the people seeking asylum, and crossing the border. If you cross the border it is a misdemeanor the first time. That is like a speeding ticket not jail time.

For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both.  For a subsequent offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, I.N.A. Section 275.)

The people who I spoke about (most of them) have complied with the law and have not crossed the border. You do not even understand the support article you quote because it does not apply them. They have done a proper entry by the law. Once again you prove that the far right understands none of this and the experts are correct about them. The Far right enablers are the most dangerous group of people to the US as they take the country to a dictatorship through Trump.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 94
Not posted..

The law has existed (but not enforced) for many years. If you commit a crime, your kids are taken also as a citizen unless the spouse is able to care for them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/children-separated-trump-immigration-p...

==========================

Thanks.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 94

Barack Obama Separated Kids From Parents at the Border Too

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/erick-erickson/barack-obama-separated-kids-from-parents-at-the...

Part of the link...

by
Erick Erickson

Apparently, abused kids only matter if they can be uses​ to attack Donald Trump.

There is a lot of leftwing outrage at Donald Trump for deciding to separate children from their parents at the border if they are illegal aliens. The left, in fact, went nuts over an ACLU report that showed rampant child abuse from children detained without their parents. The problem was that the report covered 2009-2014, a period when Barack Obama was President.

Members of the media who blew up the story quickly deleted tweets once they found out Barack Obama was in charge. Apparently, abused kids only matter if they can be used to attack Donald Trump.

===========================================================

It is very sad when children are separated from their mothers but it happen every day with legal citizens that break our laws...mothers that lose their children for dealing drugs...driving drunk...and on and on.  They break our laws and lose their children...I guess that is OK but illegals breaking our laws is is not.  

Its also sad that we have people that think that people coming into our country illegally should not be prosecuted. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 94

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

This shows she does not know that the law has been on the books for long before Trump...she shows how stupid she is.

You are so wrong. There is no "law on the books" that says children should be separated form their parents, and especially not tobe put into tents.  This is happening because of trump's policies ........ try to at least keep up with reality.

You try and compare parents who deal drugs with  someone entering illegally. Dealing drugs is a serious criminal offense, entering illegally is a misdemeanor. So I guess herding children into tents in the heat of the Southwest is the right thing to do? Get real KidBoy !!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 94

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 94

Here is something that has not been covered so far on the people seeking asylum, and crossing the border. If you cross the border it is a misdemeanor the first time. That is like a speeding ticket not jail time. The law says you must present yourself at the border checkpoint and ask for asylum, then you are processed as an A seeker. Most of the people we are talking about have done just that so they followed the law. What the US is doing is arresting the people who ask for A according to the law, and taking their children away from them, and sending all  to jail. The border patrol seem to be the ones breaking the law on orders of Trump our dictator. What used to happen was they were given a hearing which set up a series of hearings till their request could be decided during which time most were allowed to be in the US. Yes there were some who did not show up for for later hearings just as we see in criminal court. Trump is using arrest and taking the children as a way to stop people from applying as outlined in the law. Looks like it might be Trump breaking the law. That should be stopped now. We can all stop it by not voting for anyone with a R behind their name.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.